Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bullet Points From Teh Planes

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Bullet Points From Teh Planes
« on: August 22, 2011, 11:23:31 AM »
Went to the TU deal I go to every year and watched the practice/scrimmage at the stadium.  Wanted to lend some of my in depth analysis of this years version of the Auburn Tigers.  First off, it was hot as balls.  That ends my expert analysis.  Now, some general observations from Joe Schmoe.

The first hour was practice as usual.  Worked on field goal unit the first part of practice, starting with extra points and moving back 5 yards each time.  Honestly could not tell who was kicking, only that he never missed all the way back to a 50 yarder and the 50 yard kick would have been good from 60+.  Impressive.

Goal line package they practiced had Ladarious Phillips lined up sort of in the slot, right off the tight end with John Sullen playing fullback.  Dyer in the wildcat running behind those two.  I believe they might can pick up a yard or two there.  And yes, Dyer is there and his arms caused a hint of man-love on my part.

Practice is a well oiled machine.  Everyone doing something every single minute. The deep snapper and holder (FSU gave Dax a scholarship BTW....frick!) ran a drill about 2 dozen times on the sidelines where they would sprint to the ball and snap it as quickly as possible.  Details, details, details...

Erique Florence was dressed out but didn't practice.  Instead, he and Trent Fisher ran stadium stairs with Yoxall waiting for them at the top each time.  The rest of practice, they were on the stationary bikes and doing push ups and sit ups.  Have no clue.

No one....no one...no one does more individual coaching than Trooper Taylor.  Dude is always going over what a receiver did right or wrong on a play.  He's no Greg Knox, but....

If you're a D-lineman, I'm thinking it's a bad idea to jump offsides.  Mike Pelton doesn't seem to care for that little move too much.  He seemed grumpy.

I'm thinking no opposing coaches give a rats ass about my take so I think it's safe to reveal, Malzahn is putting in another trick play....and it involves true freshman, CJ Uzomah. It's bad ass.  They ran it about 7-8 times.

As for the "Scrimmage", it was only for the 2's and 3's.  No starters played and it only lasted about 8 series.  Frazier took every snap and the backs that rotated were Blakely, Grant and Captain Morgan.  Found it interesting that Blake Burgess and Tunde Fromundacheese worked at center.  Is Dismukes the starter?  General observations:

There is a reason Kiehl Frazier is #3.  Dude looks great in a uniform, moves well, strong arm.  He can't hit the broad side of a damn barn.  Mincy pick 6'd his ass on the first series.  May have been a bad day but he just wasn't accurate at all.

Quan Bray is a freakin' bad ass in every sense of the word.  He was playing receiver and he's truly one that needs the ball in his hands....a lot.  He will do things at Auburn.   

I also understand why Mike Blakely was at the top of their board of running back recruits.  Kid hits the hole quick and once he gets out in the open, he's tough to catch and bring down.

Sammy Coates may be out for the year.  I believe it's a foot injury requiring surgery.  However, Jaylon Denson is a full grown man.  It appears he'll get in the rotation early as they had him running with the 1's a lot during the practice session.  Big, physical guy who looks like a senior.

After practice, I was on the field going all Al-Betar, professing my man crush for several of the players, trying to get some pics.  Frazier is Cam-light as far as his personality goes.  Big smile and loves talking to everyone.  Gabe Wright and Angelo Blackson are fucking huge.  True freshmen...holy crap.  Clint Mosely was literally standing beside me, watching Trotter sign autographs.  A guy came up to him  (He knew the guy) and asked how it was going.  He just said "Awful" and walked off.  Paging Southern Miss.

Trovon Reed stayed after practice with Trooper and fielded a bunch of punts.  I assume he's the guy. 

Overall, good time.  However, Toomer's trees are just sad.  Fuck an Updyke.

In da' mouf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Bullet Points From Teh Planes
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 12:07:32 PM »
Now thats what you call "skreetz". Nice one Snaggle. I'm glad to hear this about Dyer. I was a bit concerned after hearing he may have suffered a concussion. Now, I am much happier. I am excited about the Bray kid. Him and Florence seem to be getting some good pub as freshman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 12:20:32 PM »
Now thats what you call "skreetz". Nice one Snaggle. I'm glad to hear this about Dyer. I was a bit concerned after hearing he may have suffered a concussion. Now, I am much happier. I am excited about the Bray kid. Him and Florence seem to be getting some good pub as freshman.

I say this every year, but I continue to be blown away at how big and athletic these true freshmen are.  I was also walking to the stadium right behind Juhn Sullen and Chad Slade.  They frickin' block out the sun.  We talked to Craig Sanders for a long time afterward and he said he's pumped because he's in the two deep rotation at DE and on every single special teams unit.  He'll be on the field a ton this year. 

Yep, Bray is as advertised.  Quick as hell and extremely athletic.

Neiko showed up late because he was walking over with Emory Blake.  Blake turned right to go to the stadium and Neiko missed it and wound up at Momma G's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 12:40:33 PM »
I was also trying to read as much as possible into who played and who didn't.  Hopefully, it gives a good indication of who might be starting or in the rotation.  On the O-line, like I said, the center position was manned by Burgess and Tunde Fromundacheese.  AJ Green was also out there a lot (Maybe trying to work back into playing shape) along with Christian Westerman.  Noticeably missing were Dismukes and Greg Robinson.  Are we going to see two true freshmen on the line? 

In the backfield, obviously Trotter and Mosely didn't see the field.  Neither did Dyer, O-Mac or Tre Mason.  Phillips played a ton but never carried the ball.  Bray and Denson stood out at WR and would have looked better if Frazier had thrown it in their area codes.

On the D-line, Gabe Wright and J. Travis got a ton of reps and if Blackson saw the field, I missed it.  So, I'd guess those two are fighting to join Whitaker, Carter and maybe Blackson on the interior.  Oops, left out Jabrian Niles.  Dude is up to 297 and got a good number of reps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 06:45:07 PM »
I say this every year, but I continue to be blown away at how big and athletic these true freshmen are.  I was also walking to the stadium right behind Juhn Sullen and Chad Slade.  They frickin' block out the sun.  We talked to Craig Sanders for a long time afterward and he said he's pumped because he's in the two deep rotation at DE and on every single special teams unit.  He'll be on the field a ton this year. 

Neiko showed up late because he was walking over with Emory Blake.  Blake turned right to go to the stadium and Neiko missed it and wound up at Momma G's.
I laughed.  You funny.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 07:20:08 PM »

Gawldangit, Neiko!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 08:59:45 PM »
Well, he did have a Momma's Love and a pitcher of MGD.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 07:48:36 AM »
I definitely agree on Chad Slade.  I gave him a $5 handshake at the A-Day game last year....that big mutha fucker shook my damn forearm, he's got "Hay Bailin' Hands"...at 18 years old (at that time).  He kept callin me sir, "yes sir, no sir"...a true gentle GIANT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 09:59:00 AM »
I gave him a $5 handshake at the A-Day game last year
Come on Prowler, we have learned from IBleedCrimson that the Internet is serious business and never appropriate to kid around about such things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 12:10:41 PM »
I definitely agree on Chad Slade.  I gave him a $5 handshake at the A-Day game last year....that big mutha fudgeer shook my damn forearm, he's got "Hay Bailin' Hands"...at 18 years old (at that time).  He kept callin me sir, "yes sir, no sir"...a true gentle GIANT.

Sports By Brooks will run with this. I think it has legs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »
Sports By Brooks will run with this. I think it has legs.

Clay already jumped on it.  Word on the skreets is Slad was driving the 18 wheeler that hit Richardson's vehicle.  Trying to track down the registration now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions