Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Police dog goes extra mile toward cleansing the gene pool

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Police dog goes extra mile toward cleansing the gene pool
« on: August 12, 2011, 11:07:30 AM »
Cody Melancon filed a federal lawsuit against the Gretna Police department in Louisiana. He claims police officers violated his civil rights when they released a police dog on him without just cause.

According to Melancon’s attorney, Roger Kitchens, the attack resulted in the K-9, Zin, severing 66 percent of his client’s penis. Melancon alleges the attack left him sexually dysfunctional and seeks $31 million in damages. “I was so much in shock I couldn’t do anything and in so much [pain],” Melancon tells WDSU News.

Gretna police officers, Roland Kindell and Joseph Mekdessie, were dispatched to Melancon’s apartment with a warrant to arrest Melancon on aggravated burglary and simple battery charges.

Melancon's fiancée, Ashley Braxton, was at home at the time of the arrest with the couple’s two children. According to the police report, Braxton lied to the police officers and told them Melancon wasn’t on the property. In another police report, Officer Mekdessie wrote he took notice of some movement in back of the apartment and then released the K-9. Melancon was allegedly heading for the back bedroom which prompted Zin to attack Melacon’s. It just so happens that the pup’s bite was much worse than his bark.

Melacon was rushed to the hospital where two-thirds of his penis was surgically reattached; later he was taken to Jefferson Parish Correctional Center for several charges, including resisting arrest.

Kitchens claims the report is incorrect and that his client’s apartment didn't have a rear exit or windows.

The May 30 incident is still fresh in Melancon’s mind. “He started saying, 'Stop fighting with my dog,' and he released the dog on me," Melancon tells Paul Purpura of The Times – Picayune. According to Melacon, instead of telling Zin to stop, Mekdessie pulled the dog away, causing the dog to take an even bigger bite out of crime.

Melancon tells The Times, "I don't have any sensation down there.”

“I can't get an erection. I'm 25 years of age," he adds.  :rofl:

Melancon is seeking justice (and sensation) and is requesting a trial by jury. According to the court documents, this wasn’t his first run in with Zin and the officers. According to the court documents, days prior Officer Kindell and Mekdessie, who are also being sued, approached Melancon outside of Caesar’s Sports Bar, removed him from his vehicle and conducted a search. After the search resulted in no contraband, the officers cited him for unnecessary noise coming from his sound system in order to justify the search.

Melancon’s attorney has filed a complaint with the FBI and Gretna Police Public Integrity Bureau and claims police are attempting to cover up the incident.

But from another article...

Melancon is on probation through 2012 in St. Landry Parish for selling cocaine, records show. He also pleaded guilty in 2008 to cocaine possession in Jefferson Parish, in which he was also booked with resisting arrest after he ran from police, records show. Lawson said Melancon has arrests dating to his juvenile days, including for illegal weapons possession.

Gretna police wanted Melancon on charges he kicked open the front door of a neighbor's home on May 27 and struck a 54-year-old man. The officers were acting on a tip about his whereabouts when they went to arrest him May 30, Lawson said.

Gretna's police chief says the injuries came when the suspect fought with the dog and was bitten.

So I just see not one thing wrong with removing this scumbag's sacred sperm from the world.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Police dog goes extra mile toward cleansing the gene pool
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 12:53:42 PM »
Like I always say, the po-po did not break down the door of the church during Wednesday night prayer meeting to attack and abuse this guy. All he had to do was walk into the front room and say, "Here I am. I don't want any trouble around my woman and child."

But did he do that? No! Then live with the fact that you challenged...AND LOST.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 01:16:17 PM »
I have no problem with the fact that this particular guy got his dick bitten into.  What does bother me slightly is that the officers saw "some movement" in the back of the apartment, and thus immediately released the K9.

Now, don't get me wrong.  I understand the officers are in a situation in which they don't know exactly what's back there or what kind of danger they're in.  But should the first step have been to release the K9 unit into a residential area?  Thankfully it was just the scum bag that was injured, but what if it had been a child?  Or an elderly family member living with the family?  Or a mentally incompetent dependent?

Maybe this article and/or the police report didn't accurately describe what the officer saw or heard, but just from reading the article alone, I think it may have been irresponsible to release a trained attack dog into a residential area based upon the fact that you saw "some movement."  Again, no harm, no foul due to this being a criminal asshole, but it had the potential to take a bad turn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 02:07:12 PM »
Melancon's fiancée, Ashley Braxton, was at home at the time of the arrest with the couple’s two children. According to the police report, Braxton lied to the police officers and told them Melancon wasn’t on the property. In another police report, Officer Mekdessie wrote he took notice of some movement in back of the apartment and then released the K-9. Melancon was allegedly heading for the back bedroom which prompted Zin to attack Melacon’s. It just so happens that the pup’s bite was much worse than his bark.

Sounds to me like they knocked, entered, got lied to, then saw the suspect running for a back room.  They didn't know if he was heading for a gun or just to escape and so in response they released the hounds.  Completely justified.  The guy is lucky it was K9 units, otherwise he might have gotten shot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Vandy Vol

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 02:17:28 PM »
Sounds to me like they knocked, entered, got lied to, then saw the suspect running for a back room.  They didn't know if he was heading for a gun or just to escape and so in response they released the hounds.  Completely justified.  The guy is lucky it was K9 units, otherwise he might have gotten shot.

If they saw an adult male running for a back room, then yes, they're completely justified in releasing the dog.

If they saw "some movement in back of the apartment" and didn't know what that movement was, then no, I personally don't think that releasing the dog to attack unidentified movement is your first move.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 02:20:59 PM »
YOu know everyone here keeps dancing around the obvious.

Maybe the dog just had a taste for dick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Vandy Vol

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 02:23:50 PM »

Now that you mention it...I guess this explains his choice of attire when he's off duty:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 02:41:46 PM »
If they saw an adult male running for a back room, then yes, they're completely justified in releasing the dog.

If they saw "some movement in back of the apartment" and didn't know what that movement was, then no, I personally don't think that releasing the dog to attack unidentified movement is your first move.

They weren't just walking into some random apartment that had the door open.  They were serving a warrant.

Lawson said Melancon has arrests dating to his juvenile days, including for illegal weapons possession.
The guy was also known for carrying weapons.

This was an odd occurrence anyway.  Police dogs are usually trained to hold suspects, not seriously injure them.  This guy just got held in the wrong place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 02:48:15 PM »
Maybe the dude was nude. hehehe

Doggy want a bone?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

JR4AU

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 03:23:25 PM »
I heard that his lawyers retained Snaggle to get the exact measurements and calculations to come up with this: "severing 66 percent of his client’s penis."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 03:47:56 PM »
I heard that his lawyers retained Snaggle to get the exact measurements and calculations to come up with this: "severing 66 percent of his client’s penis."

I'm not breaking any lawyer/client confidentiality issues here when I say he did come to see me but I only handle cases involving severed nutt sacs with loss of contents. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Vandy Vol

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 04:40:04 PM »
They weren't just walking into some random apartment that had the door open.  They were serving a warrant.

The guy was also known for carrying weapons.

Sure, I understand that.  But obviously he's not the only resident of the house, as someone else answered the door and there were children present.  Not everyone in a suspect's house is necessarily a threat.  Just because you see "movement" in a suspect's house doesn't mean that the attack dog should be unleashed.

Again, I understand the officers were in a difficult situation.  You're going after a guy with warrants for some not so nice stuff.  I have no problem with them doing what they need to do to protect themselves.

But releasing an attack dog?  The dog is going to beat you to the target.  Even though it's trained to "hold" the suspect there until assistance arrives, the manner in which it does so is with its mouth.  It's going to cause harm to someone even if it's not "attacking," per se.

So, you likely won't be able to identify the dog's target until after it's already been bitten (unless, of course, you plan on outrunning the dog, identifying the target, and calling the dog off before it ever "holds" the target).  To me, that's like shooting when you see movement without first identifying it.

Of course, this is all speculation based upon the wording of the article.  Again, if the police did actually identify the "movement" as an adult male retreating to the back of the apartment, then yes, they were definitely in the right to release the dog.  But if they just saw "some movement" as the article vaguely states, and their first response is to send a dog to "hold" (bite) that movement, then that seems irresponsible to me.

But that may just be me...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 05:37:44 PM »

AWK-9
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 06:32:49 PM »
AWK-9

I've heard of dogs looking like their owners, but...that's just weird.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 11:32:59 PM »
Vandy, I just chose one article, and in fact, it was the most "liberal" of the bunch.  The others are clear that the guy was seen running.  The girlfriend lied - the cops KNEW the guy was in the house, and they saw him running.  Even if they release the dog, the dog is supposed to go for extremities - arms and legs only - but according to the Gretna PD Chief, the guy fought back against the dog, which means all bets are off.  If the dog loses his hold, and the subject is resisting, he can release and re-engage.  And if that means higher up on the leg, well, sucks for you to be well hung...  I doubt the dog actually went for the groin, unless he released, and the the guy moved before the dog renengaged.  FYI, the guy was arrested again on another charge when he showed up for court - gotta hate that...

Bottom line, if a fucking Malinois is coming at me?  I am in fetal position immediately.  They make German Shepards look like Shitz Zhous...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:33:36 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2011, 11:47:29 AM »
I'm not breaking any lawyer/client confidentiality issues here when I say he did come to see me but I only handle cases involving severed nutt sacs with loss of contents.

So, it's true you kept the severed portion as a consultation fee?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, 11:55:26 AM »
Vandy, I just chose one article, and in fact, it was the most "liberal" of the bunch.

Well, I didn't go researching this guy and his arrest; I'm not that interested in his penis.  My opinion was only based on the "some movement" description that was given in the article presented.

Like I said, if they saw the guy, great...release the dog.  Release five of them for all I care.  I was only pointing out that it can be rather problematic to release a dog into a residential area if all you see is "some movement" in the back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 03:43:36 PM »
So, it's true you kept the severed portion as a consultation fee?
That is what he considers attorney-client privilege
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions