Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn's next BIG Thing: Meet LaDarious Phillips

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Auburn's next BIG Thing: Meet LaDarious Phillips
« on: August 04, 2011, 11:17:53 AM »
This guy makes me get all giddy - very Bettis-like.  There's nothing new to us in this article but I posted it because this guy is a national blogger that has connections to SBNation.  LD already getting some pub...

Auburn’s Next BIG Thing: Meet Ladarious Phillips
By Adam Kramer   Aug. 03, 2011

As college football fans, we enjoy when large men do great things. They’re all large, massive actually, but when a giant man stands taller (or wider) and does something truly exceptional, we appreciate the achievement that much more.

At 6-feet and 293 pounds, Ladarious Phillips would probably gauge some intrigue from scouts looking to beef up their defensive line. The thing is, Phillips will be suiting up for Auburn as a fullback/h-back/halfback/human bowling ball.

Phillips redshirted last year after putting up big numbers in high school on both sides of the ball and getting some pub for his incoming size. As a senior he averaged 10 yards per carry and also had 8 sacks but only earned a 2-star rating from Rivals. While defensive line seems like an ideal fit for a man of that build, it would seem Auburn has other plans.

Although you’ve heard plenty about the speedsters Michael Dyer and Onterio McCalebb, don’t be surprised if Phillips is heard from when you need a hundred or so more pounds to get that extra yard. If you wondered what a high school cornerback looks like tackling attempting to tackle a man this large, thanks to the magnificent folks of the Internet we have that answer.

RIP everyone in the video below
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Auburn's next BIG Thing: Meet LaDarious Phillips
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 11:59:21 AM »
I hope the guy can play the position.  More than anything, I think we need someone to really step in to Eric Smith's role and be a solid blocker.  I hated losing Smith and actually thought they neglected using him more last year out of the backfield.  He really showed out on several occasions in 09'.  But, I guess 2010 turned out okay.

I saw Phillips run the ball a lot in the last scrimmage last year and he was okay, nothing great.  I didn't watch any of the spring game this year.  Did he get the ball much?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 12:05:44 PM »
I hope the guy can play the position.  More than anything, I think we need someone to really step in to Eric Smith's role and be a solid blocker.  I hated losing Smith and actually thought they neglected using him more last year out of the backfield.  He really showed out on several occasions in 09'.  But, I guess 2010 turned out okay.

I saw Phillips run the ball a lot in the last scrimmage last year and he was okay, nothing great.  I didn't watch any of the spring game this year.  Did he get the ball much?
If the spring game is any indication, he will be a force.  He never got a carry, but did get one swing pass.  Dude even hurdled over a couple of defenders...it was a thing of beauty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 12:13:58 PM »
If the spring game is any indication, he will be a force.  He never got a carry, but did get one swing pass.  Dude even hurdled over a couple of defenders...it was a thing of beauty.

Cool.  When I saw him, he wasn't running with the first team and it was just a yard here and 2-3 there.  Unfortunately, the last time I saw him, he went right by me, on a golf cart with his leg propped up and his shoe off.  I guess he redshirted after that. 

That would be great if he could step right in for Smith.  2nd and 1..put the big boy in and stack the line...defense bunches up to try and stuff Phillips...snap...handoff....NO, he flips it O'Mac sweeping around left end..he..could...go...all...the ....OOooohhh...someone sneezed in section 12 and knocked Onterrio off his feet at the 5. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 01:13:48 PM »
I watched the video the guy references in the article.  You have to wonder about how much the high school coach like to abuse children when a 6' 270# kids shows up and he thinks, "Hmmmm.....tailback in the power I.  I'll never really have to come up with an offensive game plan again!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
Cam wasn't very impressive in his A-day game. But he turned it on when the season started. I think with the coaches we have, they'll have LP playing when and where he will be most devastating. I am looking forward to seeing him squash a LB or two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 12:19:10 AM »
Cam wasn't very impressive in his A-day game. But he turned it on when the season started. I think with the coaches we have, they'll have LP playing when and where he will be most devastating. I am looking forward to seeing him squash a LB or two.

I agree with this. Most of the time A-Day is for the guys that need the playing time to open up opportunities. Phillips may not get a whole lot of carries, but I guarantee you that sombitch will open up some holes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 02:02:25 AM »
Grrrreat...when LaDarius Phillips starts gaining National attention, then we'll hear how Auburn paid him too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 08:46:41 AM »
Grrrreat...when LaDarius Phillips starts gaining National attention, then we'll hear how Auburn paid him too.

I don't think cheeseburgers leave a paper trail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 09:56:25 AM »
I don't think cheeseburgers leave a paper trail.

The wrappers?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 10:04:22 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 03:16:47 PM »
He eats them.

But the boy has to poop.  I bet the bammers would love to go digging around in his poop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 03:46:23 PM »
Paper trails don't matter, uat fans will just make shit up as they go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 04:02:24 PM »
But the boy has to poop.  I bet the bammers would love to go digging around in his poop.

Yeah, digging up shit is something they do best.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 04:10:35 PM »
Phillips will not play a meaningful snap in the Auburn backfield. I wish I could say differently but he is behind a walk-on on the depth chart and has not gotten his weight under control. Back-Up D-tackle or transfer is in the future.

This doesn't have anything to do with why he won't play but I've never seen so much hype for a player that had no other offers out of HS and only got one at the last minute because Lattimore chose USCe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

JR4AU

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 04:48:11 PM »
This guy makes me get all giddy - very Bettis-like.  There's nothing new to us in this article but I posted it because this guy is a national blogger that has connections to SBNation.  LD already getting some pub...

The quotes I'm hearing out of Chiz on this guy...he don't seem to be making Chiz giddy.  And when Chiz aint giddy TW, what does that mean?  No leather jacket, and flaccididity
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 09:56:42 PM »
a player that had no other offers out of HS and only got one at the last minute because Lattimore chose USCe

Troy, La Tech & Duke disagree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 10:34:26 PM »
The quotes I'm hearing out of Chiz on this guy...he don't seem to be making Chiz giddy.  And when Chiz aint giddy TW, what does that mean?  No leather jacket, and flaccididity

I would not know - it is blasphemy to use Chiz, leather jacket and flaccidity in the same breath.

If he doesn't wear that leather jacket this year, I am gonna cry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 10:05:49 PM »
Troy, La Tech & Duke disagree.

I think you proved my point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 10:30:42 PM »
I think you proved my point.
You stated that he didn't have any offers out of HS and that his only offer was given to him because Lattimore went to USCe.

I proved you wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions