Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

PS3 = cool

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
PS3 = cool
« on: April 30, 2008, 12:14:45 PM »
Okay.  I used teh eBays and got me a PS3 for my birthday. 

When NCAA 2009 comes out, I want to set up a deal with some of you dorks and play some games online.  And anybody with Rock Band and the PS3 is welcome to give me the info and we'll hook up to jam together. 

Any other games I should consider?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: PS3 = cool
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 12:41:55 PM »

When NCAA 2009 comes out, I want to set up a deal with some of you dorks and play some games online.  And anybody with Rock Band and the PS3 is welcome to give me the info and we'll hook up to jam together. 

Call of Duty 4
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 01:23:18 PM »

Gran Turismo 5 and Guitar Hero 3, Kaos wait till you watch a Blu-Ray movie on the Ps3 its amazing. I have bought several Blu-Ray discs used from ebay for around 10 dollars.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 01:31:46 PM »
Gran Turismo 5 and Guitar Hero 3, Kaos wait till you watch a Blu-Ray movie on the Ps3 its amazing. I have bought several Blu-Ray discs used from ebay for around 10 dollars.

I will quote my wife on that (we haven't tried one yet, BTW):

"BluRay, SchmooRay.  It's a freaking movie." 

As for the games, I have RockBand.  Would love to play some of that online.  I don't know how to create friends and all that horsemanure, but if somebody could send me their online deal or whatever so I could invite them to play in my fake band I would do that.  I suck at it.  Can do fine on medium, but once it gets to hard or expert (except on some songs on bass) I fail.

I have GH (1,2,3 and 80s) for PS2.  Debated getting GH3 for PS3,  but am so used to having the drums that it seems kind of limiting.   I do like the GnR songs on GH and the fact that I could download Slither is enticing. 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 01:34:49 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 01:37:29 PM »
I will quote my wife on that (we haven't tried one yet, BTW):

"BluRay, SchmooRay.  It's a freaking movie." 

As for the games, I have RockBand.  Would love to play some of that online.  I don't know how to create friends and all that horsemanure, but if somebody could send me their online deal or whatever so I could invite them to play in my fake band I would do that.  I suck at it.  Can do fine on medium, but once it gets to hard or expert (except on some songs on bass) I fail.

I have GH (1,2,3 and 80s) for PS2.  Debated getting GH3 for PS3,  but am so used to having the drums that it seems kind of limiting.   I do like the GnR songs on GH and the fact that I could download Slither is enticing. 
Dood, I am all over the NCAA 09 when it comes out, but the only game I have picked up so far is MLB 07, just to test the system out.  I still owe Jarhead an online ID for my Wii, so if I start now trying to figure teh PS3 e-bays out, maybe I can kick your ass in some football this summer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 01:44:58 PM »
I didn't know the Ps3 would connect to my router without a ethernet cable, once I figured out the ps3 had a wireless built in I was in buisness! I have played Gh3 online and it kicks ass! Kaos the first Blu-Ray movie your wife watches will change her mind on the it's just a movie!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 02:08:54 PM »
I didn't know the Ps3 would connect to my router without a ethernet cable, once I figured out the ps3 had a wireless built in I was in buisness! I have played Gh3 online and it kicks ass! Kaos the first Blu-Ray movie your wife watches will change her mind on the it's just a movie!

I didn't get no directions.  How do you do it without a cable?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 02:17:19 PM »
I didn't get no directions.  How do you do it without a cable?
press your ps button on your controller then go to settings- Internet Settings and click Lan on.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 02:21:50 PM by jumbo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 02:26:27 PM »
press your ps button on your controller then go to settings- Internet Settings and click Lan on.

Damn.. You smart.  I went and swiped a 25-foot Cat5 cable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 02:28:18 PM »
Wow, I guess I just got lucky then.  Mine connected automagically.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 02:50:26 PM »
Damn.. You smart.  I went and swiped a 25-foot Cat5 cable.
Take it back dude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 02:57:15 PM »
Take it back dude.

I sprayed the video camera with black paint first.   Nobody will know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 04:40:07 PM »
I play NCAA 08 online all the time, I am kind of the tits at that game.  Bring it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 04:41:32 PM »
I play NCAA 08 online all the time, I am kind of the tits at that game.  Bring it.

Two timing whore.  I didn't know you had gone to the dark side of PS3?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 04:44:42 PM »
Two timing whore.  I didn't know you had gone to the dark side of PS3?
No, No, No.  On X-Box, fuck PS3.  That shit is weak son.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 04:48:49 PM »
No, No, No.  On X-Box, fuck PS3.  That shit is weak son.

He ain't got no XBox360.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 04:50:46 PM »
He ain't got no XBox360.
Then he needs to diversify his bonds, nigga.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 05:01:58 PM »
Then he needs to diversify his bonds, nigga.

Wu-Tang Bitches! 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 05:28:09 PM »
He ain't got no XBox360.

PS3 = BluRay.  I hear it's awesome. 

NetFlix rents them.  I will have some by next Monday to evaluate. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 05:47:03 PM »
PS3 = BluRay.  I hear it's awesome. 

NetFlix rents them.  I will have some by next Monday to evaluate. 
I understand that, but X-Box live > PS3 crap.  Plus, Blu Ray will have an add on for X-Box in a few months.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions