Spurrier Says ESPN Gives Bama Preferential Treatment

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Spurrier Says ESPN Gives Bama Preferential Treatment
« on: August 10, 2011, 06:14:32 PM »
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/08/spurrier_suggests_espn_gives_a.html

Spurrier suggests ESPN gives Alabama preferential treatment
Published: Wednesday, August 10, 2011, 1:25 PM     Updated: Wednesday, August 10, 2011, 1:26 PM
Ben Flanagan, al.com By Ben Flanagan, al.com

Steve Spurrier said he thinks it isn't fair that Alabama's football program gets preferential treatment from ESPN, according to GoUpstate.com.

The South Carolina coach appeared on the nationally syndicated Dan Patrick Show, where he opined about how he feels the sports network might favor the Crimson Tide over other SEC teams.

He recounted to Patrick a conversation he had with SEC commissioner Mike Slive, where he asked Slive how much Alabama paid ESPN to come to campus and film the preseason camp for the network's "All-Access" show.

When Slive told Spurrier Alabama didn't pay ESPN anything, Spurrier said he did not think that was fair.

"I said, 'Well what happened to Go Gators or Rocky Top or Go Gamecocks?' I didn't think it was all that fair. But as we know, sometimes life isn't fair. We just sort of complain a little bit and then move on."

Spurrier then went on to say that he thinks 90 percent of the media overall is fair.

The report also says Spurrier did not think Texas' Longhorn Network, which is also affiliated with ESPN, was fair to the rest of the Big 12 teams either.

Listen to interview at Patrick's show website by searching for "Steve Spurrier."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Spurrier Says ESPN Gives Bama Preferential Treatment
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 06:38:56 PM »
His warning to Texas A&M that the grass isn't always greener?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Spurrier Says ESPN Gives Bama Preferential Treatment
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 08:54:06 AM »
His warning to Texas A&M that the grass isn't always greener?

Maybe indirectly but I don't they even care.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions