Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It's like it never happened

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
It's like it never happened
« on: August 09, 2011, 08:22:16 AM »
Watching SportsCenter.  Saw a teaser called "All Eyes on Oregon."   So I waited to see what it was about. 

It was about five minutes of "Oregon is fast. So fast nobody can keep up. Fast. Tempo. They lost their two leading receivers, three on the offensive line, their two best defensive players.  But they'll be better because they are fast.  Nobody can catch them.  By the time they get to the fourth quarter the opposition is so tired they score lots of points.  Fast. Speed. Tempo. They can go even faster, too. That's the plan. Go faster."

I watched a game in January it seems like where an SEC team was bigger than Oregon.  And it was just as fast at every position on the field.  In fact it was faster at most.  I watched Oregon's fast offense get blown up time after time after time by this SEC team. 

Or did I dream that? 

Fuck Oregon.  Geaux Bengals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: It's like it never happened
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 08:40:01 AM »
Watching SportsCenter.  Saw a teaser called "All Eyes on Oregon."   So I waited to see what it was about. 

It was about five minutes of "Oregon is fast. So fast nobody can keep up. Fast. Tempo. They lost their two leading receivers, three on the offensive line, their two best defensive players.  But they'll be better because they are fast.  Nobody can catch them.  By the time they get to the fourth quarter the opposition is so tired they score lots of points.  Fast. Speed. Tempo. They can go even faster, too. That's the plan. Go faster."

I watched a game in January it seems like where an SEC team was bigger than Oregon.  And it was just as fast at every position on the field.  In fact it was faster at most.  I watched Oregon's fast offense get blown up time after time after time by this SEC team. 

Or did I dream that? 

meh...fuck'em both. 
Bring back ties.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 09:30:28 AM »

Or did I dream that? 

Chip Kelly is such a genius. His offense is unstoppable. It's so fast. No D can figure it out. It's so good that it hung 19 points and barely 200 yards on a middle of the pack SEC defense. I'm impressed. 

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Hope LSU demolishes those little bastards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 09:45:56 AM »
For some reason, I have a feeling that the SEC splits the UGA/Boise & Oregon/LSU games.

Right now I'm thinking LSU wins and UGA bombs, but it could go either way.

Whichever wins will go on to be a top contender in their division, likely winning it.

Whichever loses will tank and fall well below expectations set for their season.

Nostradamus hath spoken.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 09:48:25 AM »

This.....

Hope LSU demolishes those little bastards.

....and this

I think this game will get ugly for the Ducks. They may be fast but like we seen in the BCSNCG, that Oregon offense slows down after getting their dicks knocked in the dirt a few times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 10:43:18 AM »
For some reason, I have a feeling that the SEC splits the UGA/Boise & Oregon/LSU games.

Right now I'm thinking LSU wins and UGA bombs, but it could go either way.

Whichever wins will go on to be a top contender in their division, likely winning it.

Whichever loses will tank and fall well below expectations set for their season.

Nostradamus hath spoken.
I agree that they split, but I think it will be Georgia winning and LSU losing...which will ultimately screw the SEC in the national championship picture.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 10:49:50 AM »
If LSU plays anywhere close to the way they did against A&M, they'll beat the Ducks by 20.

However, LSU will have to get past some shakey play calling at first, but they should be fine.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:51:05 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 12:16:53 PM »
meh...fuck'em both. 

It's hard to root for the SEC when I spend so much time hating the other teams in it.

But I really hate a Chip Kelly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 12:24:01 PM »
If LSU plays anywhere close to the way they did against A&M, they'll beat the Ducks by 20.

However, LSU will have to get past some shakey play calling at first, but they should be fine.

Nice!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 12:35:59 PM »
It's hard to root for the SEC when I spend so much time hating the other teams in it.

But I really hate a Chip Kelly.

SEC HATRED should be reserved for:  (1) bammer, ALL OF THE FUCKING TIME EVER ANYWHERE IN ANYTHING and (2) the SEC team Auburn is playing that particular weekend, with said hatred to dissipate within 48 hours to be replaced by the team upcoming, unless said team is bammer, then see (1) above.

So FUCK THE DUCKS.  Geaux Tigers, and all that, boo.  I am really looking forward to this game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 12:51:28 PM »
After all the shit I've had to endure the past 9 months because of message board fodder, I say fuck LSU. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 12:52:40 PM »
I'll root for LSU. 

But my SEC allegiance is fading quickly. 

As the Plains Burn is an LSU run website promoted by the largest LSU message board on the internet. 

Not to mention, we don't exactly need the SEC to win anymore.  We won the national championship, and 2004 most likely will never happen again.

When LSU, Florida, Georgia, and Arkansas are all down, our recruiting gets easier. 

Unless LSU is the world's only chance to see Alabama get beat, I hope LSU sucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 01:02:21 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 01:13:23 PM »

So FUCK THE DUCKS.  Geaux Tigers, and all that, boo.  I am really looking forward to this game.

My concern with this game is that it's almost a no win for us.

I can hear the shit already.....If LSU beats the pants off of the Ducks, why didn't we? We got lucky against LSU like that fucktard coach of theirs said in his rambling incoherent press conference after we beat them.

If the Ducks win....the SEC isn't so big and so bad....and we got lucky....and Lord God, but Oregon is fast and nobody can beat 'em and blah blah freaking blah.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »
Anyone thing the fact that Oregon's coach just may be a lame duck going into the season will have at least some effect?  I know Cam's deal just brought the team together, but that happened in midseason and they've had time to stew over this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 01:27:45 PM »
My concern with this game is that it's almost a no win for us.

I can hear the shit already.....If LSU beats the pants off of the Ducks, why didn't we? We got lucky against LSU like that fucktard coach of theirs said in his rambling incoherent press conference after we beat them.

If the Ducks win....the SEC isn't so big and so bad....and we got lucky....and Lord God, but Oregon is fast and nobody can beat 'em and blah blah freaking blah.
THIS chick knows.

LSU winning is the lesser of 2 evils to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 01:33:45 PM »
Question...did anyone question the validity of the mighty Tahd's win when Tex-Ass went 5-7 the next year?  I have no mixed feelings for this game.  I hope LSU bends them over and rapes them SEC style. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 01:48:28 PM »
If LSU beats the pants off of the Ducks, why didn't we?

I'll give you a reason why LSU might score more than we did:  This year's Oregon Defense is missing a few key chunks from last year, namely Clay Matthews.  They have a lot of new/inexperienced starters this year.   If Jefferson is even halfway on his game, he and the LSU O should be able to run up some points. 

And we know that LSU has a typical SEC defense - IMO, it will be a lot like the BCS game - Oregon will score, but will not be able to score at will on an SEC defense.  SEC guys are HUGE and they are FAST.  LSU has a monster defense. 

Look, we are fairly certain that barring any miracles, 2011 is not going to be Auburn's year.  So if I had to pick?  Better LSU than any of the other teams.  Yeah, it's somewhat personal for me - the quality of my sex life during football season can sometimes ride on LSU winning - but that aside, I can think of thousands of reasons to pull for LSU to win the West over the rest of the fuckers in our division.  And believe me - I bet I deal with more corndogs on a daily basis than any of you guys (other than maybe Chizad) encounter outside of gameday.  If anyone should hate them, it would be me.  But Tigershittings aside, most LSU fans throw a helluva tailgate, like Auburn and hate the fuck out of Saban.  That's good enough for me.

Other than Auburn, who ELSE do you pick?  Those trouble causing inbred fucksticks at MSU?  Nuttsack?  bammer?  That backstabbing bastard Suitcase Petrino? 

And to take it a step further, I cannot think of any situation when I would want some other pissant conference to be able to say they are better than the SEC - ESPECIALLY those West Coast fuckers.  So other than bammer, SEC rules.

What happened in the BCS game is old hat at this point.  NEITHER TEAM played the way people predicted.  The layoff of more than a month hurt.  The holidays hurt.  Cam GOT hurt.  So anyone that wants to throw up the "You got lucky" thing to me had best brace for "We beat your sorry ass to get there, didn't we?  NATIONAL CHAMPS, BITCH!"

Peace out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 02:04:22 PM »
Alright, I'm convinced.

Geaux LSU. Goddammit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 02:06:49 PM »
I'm not.  Fuck both of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."