Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jay-Z & Kanye West: Watch The Throne

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West: Watch The Throne
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 04:35:37 PM »
Dre is a genius. 

Everybody else is several notches below him.  Not sure I would be a fan of rap music were it not for Dre's influence.

From NWA to Snoop to Em to 50 to Xzibit to 2Pac...  Dre is a fucking master. 

You could combine Jay Z, Piff Dinky Duddy (or whatever he's calling himself these days), Master P, Biggie, and DMX and not get a 10th of Dre's brilliance. 

The guy is the king.

Now that I think about it, the only rap I really like Dre was either in on the lyrics, beats or the producer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 05:20:56 PM »
Dre is a genius. 

Everybody else is several notches below him.  Not sure I would be a fan of rap music were it not for Dre's influence.

From NWA to Snoop to Em to 50 to Xzibit to 2Pac...  Dre is a fucking master. 

You could combine Jay Z, Piff Dinky Duddy (or whatever he's calling himself these days), Master P, Biggie, and DMX and not get a 10th of Dre's brilliance. 

The guy is the king.

Dre's awesome, no doubt...but not at rapping.  Producing?  Awesome.  Rapping?  One over par.

Sure, there's some stuff that Dre sounded pretty good on when it came to rapping.  "Forgot About Dre" comes to mind.  But, of course, that style and type of flow is not typical of Dre; this is explained by the fact that Eminem wrote most of the lyrics with help from a couple of other guys.  In fact, Dre doesn't write his own lyrics.  Jay-Z writes some of his stuff, ironically, such as his verses in "Still D.R.E."

So, no, I wouldn't compare Dre's rapping abilities to Biggie or Jay-Z.  I would, however, say that Dre is one of the best producers in hip hop.  Also up there with him is The RZA, DJ Premiere, The Neptunes, Swizz Beats, and Timbaland.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 05:23:03 PM »
Yo, step into the fog and creep into the smog.

It's the #1 nigga from the hood, Doggie Dog
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 05:28:20 PM »
Dre's awesome, no doubt...but not at rapping.  Producing?  Awesome.  Rapping?  One over par.

Sure, there's some stuff that Dre sounded pretty good on when it came to rapping.  "Forgot About Dre" comes to mind.  But, of course, that style and type of flow is not typical of Dre; this is explained by the fact that Eminem wrote most of the lyrics with help from a couple of other guys.  In fact, Dre doesn't write his own lyrics.  Jay-Z writes some of his stuff, ironically, such as his verses in "Still D.R.E."

So, no, I wouldn't compare Dre's rapping abilities to Biggie or Jay-Z.  I would, however, say that Dre is one of the best producers in hip hop.  Also up there with him is The RZA, DJ Premiere, The Neptunes, Swizz Beats, and Timbaland.

Dre is the best.  Period.  Jay Z sucks.

Doesn't matter what you say. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 05:28:39 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 09:24:31 PM »
The RZA

Also one of my favorites. He did some rap'n but mostly dropping beats for the WU. When he did rap, his shit was deep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions