Re: 2011 Auburn Wins / Losses Prediction Thread
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2011, 12:36:32 PM »
Ok, here goes...

W  Utah State   
W  Mississippi State
W  Clemson
W  Florida Atlantic
L   South Carolina
?   Arkansas  **Depends on how they transition at QB, and they have OL questions. 
W  Florida 
?    LSU  **Would be an L, but the Kragthorpe thing may be bad for them.
W  Ole Miss
?   Georgia  **Some think Richt may turn it around...If they haven't imploded by this date, it may be an L.
W  Samford
?   Alabama  **Would be an L if not for being in our house.

IF we can beat So. Car., then I think the team may get some real motivation and do better than expected.  If So. Car. is as good as expected, Ark. makes the transition well, and UF turns it around quickly...IF we lost those 3 in a row, which IMHO is a possibility, then the season could be very mediocre, or even bad. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 12:59:58 PM »
09/03/11    vs. Utah State    W
09/10/11    vs. Mississippi State T
09/17/11    at Clemson T
09/24/11    vs. Florida Atlantic W
10/01/11    at South Carolina T
10/08/11    at Arkansas L
10/15/11    vs. Florida W
10/22/11    at LSU L
10/29/11    vs. Ole Miss W
11/12/11    at Georgia T
11/19/11    vs. Samford W
11/26/11    vs. Alabama T

Five sure wins IMO.
Only two guaranteed losses. 
Five games I think could go either way. 

Assuming the tossups break evenly you're looking at seven or eight wins and a decent bowl chance. 

Not going to go 0-October, but three SEC road games bracketed around a visit from Florida is a nightmare for anybody.  Can't win at SC and at Arky in back to back weeks (the two teams that will be in the SEC Championship Game, BTW).  I choose losing to Arky as the lock. 

Can't beat both Florida and LSU in a home and away.  I chose beating the Gators as the best bet. 

By the time we get to Georgia and Ole Miss both teams maybe looking for new coaches.  Could benefit there. 

If Alabama comes in bleeding from losses to at least two of the Arkansas, Florida, LSU and Mississippi State combo (as I anticipate) and the SEC West has already been wrapped up by Arkansas (which I also anticipate) the edges may have frayed there, too.  If those ridiculous fucks don't win it all this year they will go completely apeshit.  As I expect them to be extremely pedestrian and ineffective on offense, the opportunity for apeshit is ripe. Meltdown doesn't describe it.  We're talking bricks through the window, crosses burned in yards insanity. 

Eight wins would be amazing considering the schedule (and even if Cam and Nick both were back with Darvin and Eric, I'd consider nine or ten an outstanding effort). 

If we fail to reach double digits, enjoy it you fucking inbred Bama fucktards.  Because it's a short-term result that's going to pay long term dividends.   

I talked to a guy in his 60s this week.  AU fan all his life.  He had other plans and could not make the championship game in Arizona.  I asked him if he regretted missing the chance to see it.  You know what he said to me? 

No, not really.  We'll be back again sooner rather than later.  That was just the start.  It wasn't the end of anything. 

Buckle up, Bamzos. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 01:53:47 PM »
Five sure wins IMO.

Assuming the tossups break evenly you're looking at seven or eight wins and a decent bowl chance. 

Not going to go 0-October, but three SEC road games bracketed around a visit from Florida is a nightmare for anybody.  Can't win at SC and at Arky in back to back weeks (the two teams that will be in the SEC Championship Game, BTW).  I choose losing to Arky as the lock. 

Can't beat both Florida and LSU in a home and away.  I chose beating the Gators as the best bet. 

By the time we get to Georgia and Ole Miss both teams maybe looking for new coaches.  Could benefit there. 

If Alabama comes in bleeding from losses to at least two of the Arkansas, Florida, LSU and Mississippi State combo (as I anticipate) and the SEC West has already been wrapped up by Arkansas (which I also anticipate) the edges may have frayed there, too.  If those ridiculous fucks don't win it all this year they will go completely apeshit.  As I expect them to be extremely pedestrian and ineffective on offense, the opportunity for apeshit is ripe. Meltdown doesn't describe it.  We're talking bricks through the window, crosses burned in yards insanity. 

Eight wins would be amazing considering the schedule (and even if Cam and Nick both were back with Darvin and Eric, I'd consider nine or ten an outstanding effort). 

If we fail to reach double digits, enjoy it you fucking inbred Bama fucktards.  Because it's a short-term result that's going to pay long term dividends.   

I talked to a guy in his 60s this week.  AU fan all his life.  He had other plans and could not make the championship game in Arizona.  I asked him if he regretted missing the chance to see it.  You know what he said to me? 

No, not really.  We'll be back again sooner rather than later.  That was just the start.  It wasn't the end of anything. 

Buckle up, Bamzos.
Hey I'm 52 and feel the same way. Auburn is going to streak them for at least 4 straight with the staff and current classes. This season is going to be enjoyable for me even if we trip up at State and lose a few because I know the best is yet to come. I'm sold on Chiz as a HC and I really do see Gus staying through Frazier's college career and by then he just might stay. I know everyone thinks he's bound and determined to be a HC but he strikes me as being different for no other reason than he's getting paid well actually doing what he does best which is frustrate the hell out of DCs. And why is that so hard for people to accept?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 02:01:33 PM »
Five sure wins IMO.

Buckle up, Bamzos.

^^^This!  I waffled over calling MSU and Clemson "?" games.  If we lose to either or both, it could be ugly. 

But the last part of this...fuckin' hells to the yes cubed!  It may not be 2012 because we will likely be looking at yet another new QB.  Unless Frazier gets some good experience this year, then it may be 2012.  But, whether it's Frazier or Pike, 2013 will be gold!  And fuck that "when Malzahn leaves aubies will see who the real coach on that staff was" noise.  There's enough guys he's mentored or taught to step in and pick it right up.  One is currently at Samford, the other at Clemson for starters.   There's also a lot of guys out there mimicking and copying what we do, adding their own twists to it.  Bottom line, is, the next OC will be just fine and loaded with talent.

Unless....

:hammer:

Cuz we all know it's coming because when this Cam shit started, Jacobs told the NCAA   :getoff:

and that pissed them to the moon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2011, 03:06:39 PM »
You frickers are all giving So Car wayyyyyy too much credit.

Maybe, but with Auburn going to SC and us beating them twice last year (with one being an ass whipping), I think Spurrier will pull this one out by the skin of his teeth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2011, 09:00:54 PM »
Awww shittttt.

09/03/11    vs. Utah State    W
09/10/11    vs. Mississippi State W
09/17/11    at Clemson W
09/24/11    vs. Florida Atlantic W
10/01/11    at South Carolina W/L
10/08/11    at Arkansas W/L
10/15/11    vs. Florida W/L
10/22/11    at LSU W/L
10/29/11    vs. Ole Miss W
11/12/11    at Georgia W/L
11/19/11    vs. Samford W
11/26/11    vs. Alabama W/L

For all of the W/L, I chose the most likely of the two, in bold.

In other words, I'm extremely confident we win 6 games.

Of the other 6 games, I think we lose 2. And I think they're both going to be in October. I could definitely see losing one or two more though.

In fact, I believe the over/under in Vegas is 6 wins. Breaking it down like this that looks like free money to me. Suckering in all the dumbasses (and there's a lot of them) that think Auburn's going to have a losing season. Anyone know the best way to make that bet remotely?
So before the season I had us at absolute worst-case, six wins. Considering I didn't put a solid L down, I guess my best case scenario was undefeated. Although I know I didn't really think that. I guess I just didn't know which ones for sure we'd lose, just which ones we wouldn't (at that time). I guess my official prediction was 10-2.

After game one, my thoughts have changed drastically:

09/03/11    vs. Utah State  W
09/10/11    vs. Mississippi State W/L
09/17/11    at Clemson W/L
09/24/11    vs. Florida Atlantic W
10/01/11    at South Carolina L
10/08/11    at Arkansas L
10/15/11    vs. Florida L
10/22/11    at LSU L
10/29/11    vs. Ole Miss W/L
11/12/11    at Georgia W/L
11/19/11    vs. Samford W
11/26/11    vs. Alabama W/L

Best case scenario, we get 8 wins. In the worst-possible scenario, where that squeaking past Utah State is indicitve of our talent? Total epic meltdown, and we only end up with three wins, including the one we already got. Most likely, I think we end up with 7.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions