Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jamey Johnson/Merle Haggard concert

Jamey Johnson/Merle Haggard concert
« on: August 01, 2011, 05:42:15 PM »
Had a great time at the concert and meeting up with AUTiger1 and his lovely wife at the Nook before hand to drink some brews prior to the concert.  Also in attendance was my father in law, a dyed in the wool Bammer who accepted AUTiger1's and my teasing with pretty good humor.  Concert was incredible, Jamey really did a good job playing to the crowd and his pedal steel player was out of the world good.  Merle hasn't lost his touch and you could tell he was really feeding off the energy in the place.

I was putting the following together for a message to AUTiger1, but it was too good and had to share it with everyone.

Recap:

After we went into the concert Richard and I had a couple more Coors Light apiece.  I was feeling fine and I thought Richard was doing good too, but I was wrong.  By the time the concert ended it had been about 1.5 hours since my last drink and his too.  We walked back to the car and drove to a Waffle House close to my house.  We both had All American breakfast (2 eggs, grits, waffle, bacon - plenty of grease and carbs to counteract any residual alcohol).  We get back to my house about 12:30 am and he asks where the coffee is so he can make a pot in the morning.  We then both go to bed.  I get up Sunday and start getting ready for church about 8:00am and there is Richard drinking coffee from a to go cup.  I ask why he didn't just make some and he said he couldn't find any.

Me:"What do you mean? I showed you where it was last night."
Him:"What?  I don't remember that."
Me: "We came back from Waffle House and I showed you the coffee in the pantry."
Him:"We went to Waffle House?"
Me: "Are you serious?"
Him: "Yeah, did I eat something?"
Me:  :rolleyes:
My Mother-in-law: "What the hell were you drinking?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Aubie16

Re: Jamey Johnson/Merle Haggard concert
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 09:27:09 PM »
Ha. Sounds like you have a pretty cool FIL, if it wasn't for that whole bammer thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

jmar

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 09:49:30 PM »
Ha. Sounds like you have a pretty cool FIL, if it wasn't for that whole bammer thing.
Yeah maybe he had some risidual meds in him that affects his memory when combined w  alcohol. Good time huh?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 11:27:29 AM »
Had a great time at the concert and meeting up with AUTiger1 and his lovely wife at the Nook before hand to drink some brews prior to the concert.  Also in attendance was my father in law, a dyed in the wool Bammer who accepted AUTiger1's and my teasing with pretty good humor.  Concert was incredible, Jamey really did a good job playing to the crowd and his pedal steel player was out of the world good.  Merle hasn't lost his touch and you could tell he was really feeding off the energy in the place.

I was putting the following together for a message to AUTiger1, but it was too good and had to share it with everyone.

Recap:

After we went into the concert Richard and I had a couple more Coors Light apiece.  I was feeling fine and I thought Richard was doing good too, but I was wrong.  By the time the concert ended it had been about 1.5 hours since my last drink and his too.  We walked back to the car and drove to a Waffle House close to my house.  We both had All American breakfast (2 eggs, grits, waffle, bacon - plenty of grease and carbs to counteract any residual alcohol).  We get back to my house about 12:30 am and he asks where the coffee is so he can make a pot in the morning.  We then both go to bed.  I get up Sunday and start getting ready for church about 8:00am and there is Richard drinking coffee from a to go cup.  I ask why he didn't just make some and he said he couldn't find any.

Me:"What do you mean? I showed you where it was last night."
Him:"What?  I don't remember that."
Me: "We came back from Waffle House and I showed you the coffee in the pantry."
Him:"We went to Waffle House?"
Me: "Are you serious?"
Him: "Yeah, did I eat something?"
Me:  :rolleyes:
My Mother-in-law: "What the hell were you drinking?"

Ha!  For some reason I can see that happening.  Your FIL was funny and he was a very good sport.  We will definitely have to hit The Nook up again after work.  There were several more on the menu that I wanted to try, we just didn't have enough time.  Which was a good thing or I wouldn't have been in much shape for a concert.  As it worked out we had some folks above us that we knew and they were more than willing to share a little whiskey with us.  Especially after my right arm and sleeve was covered in it.

Concert was good.  The only thing I was disappointed in was the sound guy controlling Jamey's mic.  He had it way to low at a couple of points in songs.  Agree, Merle hasn't missed a beat and still sounds great.  His son plays a pretty damn mean guitar as well. He had that Strat/Tele (couldn't tell from where we were sitting) sounding good.  Pretty sure it was a Telecaster though.

He was  :bugs:  I loved how he referred to his wife as "AU_Tiger_2000's" mother in law..

Yeah maybe he had some risidual meds in him that affects his memory when combined w  alcohol. Good time huh?

It was a good time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 01:20:16 PM »
This thread would be better if we could see it in color!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.