Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hoppy Returns of the Day

jmar

Hoppy Returns of the Day
« on: July 24, 2011, 04:09:26 PM »
Bell's Amber Ale
I enjoy The Beer Advocate reviews and have occaisionally brewed some of my own in the past and really don't go full geek on what I like or dislike but I found what is known as a session beer made in Michigan that I think some of you might like to try. It is an American Amber that is packaged rather plainly, has okay color and an unimpressive head with nice carbonation. It's malty with a caramel aroma and a nice balance of hops, probably Willamette. But I think it's the finishing hops (just guessing Mt. Hood) and a faint sweet flavor that make this beer a winner by my standards because it is not as cloying as many of this style and even better, it leaves you wanting for more. I'll just call it a workaday ale but it is a very good tasting beer which actually improves as it sits which is unusual because I'm conditioned to prefer my beer pretty chilled. Even if you are not a fan of craft beer or varying styles, I think you would not be disappointed with your purchase especially if you like a brew with dinner. And on a scale of 1-10, I'm going with a 7.5 And to me that's a very high mark...because I'm picky when it come to beer and football.  WDE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions