Ncaa violations for Alabama?????

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Ncaa violations for Alabama?????
« Reply #260 on: July 28, 2011, 04:24:13 PM »
Roflcopters...

I need to go there and sign some shit.
Just shows what a good humanitarian this guy is. He is beating Goodwill's prices to clothe the homeless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #261 on: July 28, 2011, 04:53:21 PM »
Someone should go in there and tell them you want the two suits for $60 special.  When they say WTF, tell them you heard "their ad" on Finebaum.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #262 on: July 28, 2011, 04:57:16 PM »
Someone should go in there and tell them you want the two suits for $60 special.  When they say WTF, tell them you heard "their ad" on Finebaum.
:rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #263 on: July 28, 2011, 05:55:14 PM »
Does that group include Thamel and Evans too?

When the Cam stuff first happened, Travis was all over our asses and people (including Finebaum and his redneck callers) swore by him. Funny how now he is just a "hack journalist". You live and die by the same sword.

They were hacks then.  If they weren't hacks, they'd find some real info, instead of pulling pictures off of a bookface and stating what anyone else can see is painfully obvious.  They weren't signing stuff just because they were being friendly.  Anyone with any reasoning ability knows there is an "improper benefit" trail there.  If Travis and Brooks weren't hacks, they'd find it.  Instead, they'll keeping posting pictures that have been available to anyone with a facebook for the last however many months and post blogs about the pictures. 

So unless a major publication (who isn't busy trying to pimp their own name) starts digging, or the NCAA decides to actually do something instead of waiting 5 years, this will blow over.  But I have no doubts that Tommy the Godfather was doing shit he shouldn't have been doing.  But as I said, I'll be shocked if Brooks or Clay find any of it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #264 on: July 28, 2011, 07:46:09 PM »
Btw, if you didn't catch it....Coach belittle basically admitted that the players were getting paid and that he doesn't see anything wrong with it.  Thumb meet Nose.

The cease and desist letter in December said that Albetar was selling current player autographs.
That didn't convince Saban that something was wrong?

Saban continued: "I also think that we need to take some deeper looks at things like this.
You know one guy posts something negative and it becomes a national story that everybody's interested in but
there's so many good things that we should be talking about relative to college football and all the good things
that are done in college football.
There's nothing sick about it, everything's good about it."

"And I definitely think we should do something to improve the quality of life of the student athletes who are on
scholarship.
I think if we did that maybe we wouldn't have some of these issues where somebody's trying to get 15 bucks
for signing a hat," Saban said.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #265 on: July 28, 2011, 07:48:08 PM »
Finebaum just said you can get 2 suits from T-Town Menswear for $60-70.

LOLWut?
I bought a pretty decent suit locally for my honeymoon for around $100. I mean, it wasn't like super fucking fancy or anything, but it was a nice looking suit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #266 on: July 28, 2011, 07:49:42 PM »
Does that group include Thamel and Evans too?

When the Cam stuff first happened, Travis was all over our asses and people (including Finebaum and his redneck callers) swore by him. Funny how now he is just a "hack journalist". You live and die by the same sword.
And if you think that wasn't one of the reasons this stuff is being spoon fed to them by certain AU fans, you're nuts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #267 on: July 28, 2011, 08:52:18 PM »
I bought a pretty decent suit locally for my honeymoon for around $100. I mean, it wasn't like super fucking fancy or anything, but it was a nice looking suit.
$100? I figured a volunteer fire department uniform would run at least $175 (shoes included, of course).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #268 on: July 28, 2011, 09:12:41 PM »
$100? I figured a volunteer fire department uniform would run at least $175 (shoes included, of course).

*snicker*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #269 on: July 28, 2011, 11:27:26 PM »
Your poverty not withstanding, a $100 suit is a world apart from a $30-$35 suit. $100 suits are on the low end, but they at least actually exist outside of yardsales.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #270 on: July 28, 2011, 11:57:22 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #271 on: July 29, 2011, 12:08:15 AM »

No.  Seriously.  This is an excellent idea. 

Have someone video tape it too. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #272 on: July 29, 2011, 09:35:58 AM »
They were hacks then.  If they weren't hacks, they'd find some real info, instead of pulling pictures off of a bookface and stating what anyone else can see is painfully obvious.  They weren't signing stuff just because they were being friendly.  Anyone with any reasoning ability knows there is an "improper benefit" trail there.  If Travis and Brooks weren't hacks, they'd find it.  Instead, they'll keeping posting pictures that have been available to anyone with a facebook for the last however many months and post blogs about the pictures. 

So unless a major publication (who isn't busy trying to pimp their own name) starts digging, or the NCAA decides to actually do something instead of waiting 5 years, this will blow over.  But I have no doubts that Tommy the Godfather was doing shit he shouldn't have been doing.  But as I said, I'll be shocked if Brooks or Clay find any of it.
Unless they want to get ratings in the process. If they do, they would slowly leak this stuff out to keep readers coming back to their site. I know this is what Brooks does. We figured that out with Thayer a long time ago.

Not saying you aren't objective because I think you are. Its the Legends of the world and Jim from Tuscaloosa, that I am talking about in regards to hypocrisy. Travis and Brooks were GREAT when they were digging on Cam. Now that they are digging on Bama players, these same clowns have done a 180 on these 2 guys. Whatever is convenient for them I guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #273 on: July 29, 2011, 10:18:36 AM »
Unless they want to get ratings in the process. If they do, they would slowly leak this stuff out to keep readers coming back to their site. I know this is what Brooks does. We figured that out with Thayer a long time ago.

Not saying you aren't objective because I think you are. Its the Legends of the world and Jim from Tuscaloosa, that I am talking about in regards to hypocrisy. Travis and Brooks were GREAT when they were digging on Cam. Now that they are digging on Bama players, these same clowns have done a 180 on these 2 guys. Whatever is convenient for them I guess.

That's the case with everyone.  Scarbinsky "gets it" when he does a slam on Bama, but if he writes something against AU, he's just feeling pressure from the masses. 

Like I said, as long as Brooks and Clay are rehashing each other's comments and posting pictures obtained from facebook, I'm not as concerned as I should be. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #274 on: July 29, 2011, 02:03:22 PM »
That's the case with everyone.  Scarbinsky "gets it" when he does a slam on Bama, but if he writes something against AU, he's just feeling pressure from the masses. 

Like I said, as long as Brooks and Clay are rehashing each other's comments and posting pictures obtained from facebook, I'm not as concerned as I should be. 
Maybe you should be...

The University of Alabama Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is soliciting applications for two Director of Compliance positions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #275 on: July 29, 2011, 02:11:53 PM »
Maybe you should be...

The University of Alabama Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is soliciting applications for two Director of Compliance positions.

Yeah, I saw that post earlier.  Doesn't mean Clay and Brooks are going to find shit.  I have no doubts that players accepted some type of improper benefits for autographs.  No doubts at all.  I'm still not worried about Clay and Brooks finding it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2011, 09:34:45 AM »
Yes. That's what the "/delivered" part of my statement meant.

I understand your side of it. You want Alabama wiped off the face of the Earth, and you're going to keep digging until you get it. You want this to go really far, and you want anything that even looks negative to be super super illegal. I get it. You have your ideas, and I have mine. You're not going to give Alabama the benefit of the doubt like you would give AU. You're not going to find every logical or even illogical reasoning valid in this case as you would if it concerned AU. I understand that. I'm just on the opposite side of that is all.

Like I said before, I'll take the word of the NCAA what did or didn't happen. Some fairly bold statements have been made by Saban and UA compliance. I would imagine if some of it is false, the NCAA and/or the SEC would be PISSED and fairly quick to call horseshit if something wasn't true. That would take pretty big balls and not alot of intelligence to tell outright lies in the national media when you know the NCAA is looking. Don't you think that would make them want to take a look if somebody was just outright lying, and they knew? If the NCAA doesn't take a look at it based on what UA gives them, then I feel pretty good about UA's compliance department. In the current environment in college football, with something as high profile as this, if the NCAA feels comfortable with the info Alabama's compliance department had gathered, that would have to be a compliment as to how the department operates. I highly highly doubt that will happen, though. I can't imagine that happening at ANY school.

Prowler doesn't work for the NCAA. Neither do you, nor I for that matter. They make the decisions as to what is or isn't illegal. I'm not going to take an Auburn fan's opinion as fact and the last word, just the same as nobody should take an Alabama fan's opinion as fact and the last word. Both sides have their own slant they want to put on it. I'm cool with whatever the NCAA finds in all of this.

Stop looking at my balls...

FWIW, you goat fucking updyke, sometimes people get to the point they think they are untouchable.  Saban-worship will create that monster if it hasn't already.  Somebody as ego-driven as that pissant fuck will come to believe that the rules don't apply to him.  Seen it happen over and over and over and over and over.  It's just a matter of time with your lord and savior, St. Saban.  Maybe it's now.  Maybe his hubris at this moment will be his undoing.  Maybe it comes later.  But it's coming.  Bank it.

I'm no Danny Sheridan, but I'll give you better than 50/50 odds of that happening.  More like 90/10.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #277 on: July 30, 2011, 09:41:58 AM »
What's going to be an issue as well, are the pictures out now with Tom Al-Betar hosting Trent Richardson to dinner at a hibachi restaurant before the 2010 season. 

What's up with the Oregon Duck hand thing sleazy suit and PeanutButter Richardson are doing?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #278 on: July 30, 2011, 10:16:19 AM »

No offense, but I wouldn't buy a tie for less than $100. 

You wear a suit that costs around $100, you look like you fucked a goat.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #279 on: July 30, 2011, 04:41:17 PM »
No offense, but I wouldn't buy a tie for less than $100. 
Of course you wouldn't. It would have to be diamond encrusted, made of 14 karat gold as well. We know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions