Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ncaa violations for Alabama?????

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Ncaa violations for Alabama?????
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2011, 08:51:18 AM »
I get it. You all want me to stop posting. Thats fine I will, But before I do know this. Most of you are some of the bigest dicks I have ever met as far as Auburn fans go. One would think that a fellow AU fan could at least ask questions, but apparently thats too much to ask. I can tell you all pretty much just like playing with yourselves. Have fun with your lil circle jerk you have going on.

Nobody gives a fiddling fuck in a golden wheatfield if you post or not.  But if you're going to, you've got to reach out there and give it some effort.  Carry your share of the load. 

"Most are some?"  That's some pretty bad grouping.  It's either most are or some are but not most are some. 

You can either get with the program or step back and reboot yourself.  Come back with a new and upgraded version maybe. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2011, 10:50:10 AM »
Yeah, that's why the TTown Menswear Facebook page still has all of the photos as of yesterday on it promoting the business.  Also, Tom, whatever his last name is, is a booster to boot.
Beat me to it.

This was an intimate setting. Just a couple of buds signing autographs for each other.

How the fuck Joe Schad can say "Nope. No improprieties here. Bama said so. I mean, they didn't involve the NCAA or SEC or anything, but I'm sure that's cool", is baffling.

Especially since this came to light after the media tried to make a big deal out of allegations that Cam might have gotten a discount on the suit he wore to the Heisman ceremony.

And this guy is the self-proclaimed "clothier of the Alabama Crimson Tide football team".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2011, 11:19:49 AM »
Oh, and this (from earlier in the thread, which you were replying to) was meant to be a private advertisement. More of a greeting card, really.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2011, 12:43:41 PM »
I get it. You all want me to stop posting. Thats fine I will, But before I do know this. Most of you are some of the bigest dicks I have ever met as far as Auburn fans go. One would think that a fellow AU fan could at least ask questions, but apparently thats too much to ask. I can tell you all pretty much just like playing with yourselves. Have fun with your lil circle jerk you have going on.

There's a lotta quit in that boy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2011, 01:18:41 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

chinook

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2011, 01:41:17 PM »
:hop: was sent letter of inquiry from NCAA.  the hammer will fall.  pictures will surface.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2011, 02:01:14 PM »
Beat me to it.

This was an intimate setting. Just a couple of buds signing autographs for each other.

It's not against any bylaw for current or former players to sign autographs. Anywhere. As long as they aren't being paid for them, they can sign autographs for people everyday, anywhere, anytime.

I mean shit, if we're going to make a big deal out of this, I know a few restaurants that display autographed stuff from AU players. The collision place I took my car to last year during the season proudly displayed in their lobby items signed by AU players still on the team. One of the guys there has a signed picture of Newton in his office. How stupid do we want to get?

Bottom line, Alabama isn't going to get anything because of this. I understand some of you want to puff it up to be more than it is as retribution for all of the shit Alabama fans are stirring, but it's stretching. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2011, 02:06:03 PM »
Its called freshman hazing. Get with it or get over it. Our circle jerks are the best of its kind.
He's probably just pissed because you guys won't let him be the pivot man yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2011, 03:08:50 PM »
It's not against any bylaw for current or former players to sign autographs. Anywhere. As long as they aren't being paid for them, they can sign autographs for people everyday, anywhere, anytime.

I mean shit, if we're going to make a big deal out of this, I know a few restaurants that display autographed stuff from AU players. The collision place I took my car to last year during the season proudly displayed in their lobby items signed by AU players still on the team. One of the guys there has a signed picture of Newton in his office. How stupid do we want to get?

Bottom line, Alabama isn't going to get anything because of this. I understand some of you want to puff it up to be more than it is as retribution for all of the shit Alabama fans are stirring, but it's stretching. 
Are you seriously this retarded? No one is saying that it's a violation to sign items...A BOOSTER is using current uat players to sell his business, "Been outfitting (uat) players since 1995." This collision place doesn't run comercials with current Auburn players does it?  NOPE.  Well, the TTown Menswear place did...

*wrong video*

(1:30 Mark)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 04:51:08 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2011, 04:42:44 PM »
Are you seriously this retarded? No one is saying that it's a violation to sign items...A BOOSTER is using current uat players to sell his business, "Been outfitting (uat) players since 1995." This collision place doesn't run comercials with current Auburn players does it?  NOPE.  Well, the TTown Menswear place does....
Where are you getting the info that the guy is a booster?

The first video, you may have a point. I'm not sure if the NCAA would say that is an advertisement for the store, or if it is more so advertising the autograph signing itself.

The second video, I'm not sure what your point is. TC is no longer an Alabama player. When he was shown signing autographs, it was after the NC game. Same for Javier Arenas. Their last game was the NC game. Seeing as how they were both under "2009 National Champions" signs, I would say that is pretty decent proof of when the video was done. I don't see any issues with the second video. The first video, that might be an issue. I suppose it depends on how much the NCAA sees it as an advertisement for the business, or an advertisement more for the actual autograph signing. I mean, if you're going to have an autograph signing and you're going to let people know about it, wouldn't you have to mention the name of the business or location where it is taking place by default? Or do you have to say "Autograph signing somewhere in Tuscaloosa by some players on some team. Find us so you can figure out who they are, what team they are from.....if you can even find us!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2011, 04:53:54 PM »
*wrong video*
It was the only video you posted that you might even have a point on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2011, 09:57:06 PM »
TRENT RICHARDSON SIGNING JERSEYS WITH PRICETAGS ON THEM IN T-TOWN MEN'S WEAR
Published on: July 22, 2011 | Written by: Clay Travis
 31Share

Leaving aside the clear questions of why a talented running back would travel to Tuscaloosa's mall and sign Alabama apparel for a random, middle-aged small business owner, the decision is easier to justify if it only happened once. Maybe Richardson is just a nice guy motivated by the boundless depth of his heart. But...based on the photo obtained this evening by OutkicktheCoverage.com, Trent Richardson made more than one trip to T-Town Men's Wear to sign Alabama apparel. Either that or he changed pants mid-signing. Who know, maybe it was getting hot in there -- commence singing along with the song, I did.

As you can see from the above photo, Richardson is signing more than one jersey and both jerseys appear to have price tags presently affixed to them. What's more, the jerseys have Richardson's name on the back which means they have to be specially ordered. NCAA regulations don't permit any stores to sell jerseys with Richardson's actual name on them. Why, you might ask, would he allow his photograph to be taken while signing specially ordered jerseys that aren't available for purchase in traditional retailers? Surely if this was merely a gift for the owner, the owner wouldn't require proof that the person in the store actually signed the jersey, right? He'd know because he'd have seen it. Could it be that someone else wants proof that Richardson actually signed the jersey?

I don't know, a buyer perhaps?

We're less than 24 hours into unpacking the extraordinarily odd relationship between a haberdasher and Alabama's football program, and I don't think we've even seen a fraction of what's to come. What's more, we're only three days into the life of OKTC and already -- already! -- we're driving the coverage of ESPN's Joe Schad and receiving no acknowledgment. This has to be a record, right? In case you missed it Schad took a break from his legal depositions in the Mike Leach case to get a comment from Alabama about its investigation into this matter initially reported by OKTC. Only, you guessed it, the report provided no foundation for how ESPN knew Bama might have a compliance issue with a clothing retailer in Tuscaloosa.

It was another castle in the sky story from ESPN, simply a report that Alabama compliance had looked into a local store and found nothing there. Not a suggestion of, you know, where the four-letter network might have become aware of Bama's potential issue.

Since ESPN won't acknowledge why its reporters are asking Alabama questions about our reports, I'll go ahead and cut and paste ESPN's six sentence "investigation" that was on the front page of the site. It's a shame, really, if Joe Schad had just acknowledged that he was reading our website this morning, I probably could have gotten him some free pairs of Duck Head.

Here's Schad's investigative report:

"Alabama's compliance department sent a cease-and-desist letter to the owner of a Tuscaloosa men's clothing store in December, asking it not to use the likenesses of football players in any advertising or commercials.

Alabama looked into the relationship between T-Town, the store, and players such as star running back Trent Richardson and concluded that the players did not receive benefits such as merchandise or discounts, a source said. Student-athletes can't be featured in any commercial advertising. The school also looked into autographs seen at the shop. The Alabama compliance office is monitoring the situation. The NCAA and SEC have not been engaged, the source said, because there is not believed to be an eligibility issue."

But rather than feud with ESPN's attempt to pretend its reporters aren't reading the site, it's Friday, a time for beers, good cheer, and a robust start to the weekend. After three days, I want to say thanks to all who came to hang out at our site, to all of who emailed, and to the three of you who have threatend to kill me. You're all beloved. Even you Legend from Paul Finebaum's show. 

And I hope that you'll all be back again soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2011, 12:31:00 AM »
He's probably just pissed because you guys won't let him be the pivot man yet.

He should learn the correct posture.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2011, 05:17:14 PM »

I know of a restaurant that has more than just uat signed pictures of current players, lmao...that's all I'm going to say.  A few here knows what I'm talking about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2011, 08:54:54 PM »
This is pretty cut-and-dry. 

A "current" player (which Maze, Nico and Richardson) are, can NOT have their images, or names used to promote a business.  Whether they benefit from it or not. 

How do they know he's a booster?  Because this idiot has dozens of photos online with him on the sidelines at games, in boxes, and in boxes with people like Namath and such.  Try to say that guy's not a booster, or that it couldn't be proven, and you're stepping directly into shithead status.

Maze being in an actual advertisement, is no picnic for Bama either.

Another problem that's happening here is the extremely coincidental cover-up bullshit that's happening.  A cease-and-desist letter, that was either never sent, or at minimum COMPLETELY ignored, and also jerseys that were signed in Tuscaloosa on September 3, 2010, and end up on a Vice Sports Memorabilia page the SAME day... Only to be yanked today when it was identified by posters on multiple boards as the same jersey seen in at TTown Menswear.  In itself, it's nothing.  Dude is allowed to sell that shit if he wants.  Have it found, and poof, be yanked on the same day it's identified from the FB pictures?  Kinda suspicious.

Look...  It might be nothing.  Could be as simple as a trade out for dressing Alabama football players for travel games, Alabama allows a certain level of access.  Fine.  However, it's STILL an issue, and violation if the menswear store is clearly promoting his business by putting current player equipment (let alone signed) in his shop window. 

Again, it's going to come down to Alabama KNOWING about this (acknowledged by the cease-and-desist) but for whatever reason in their shit for brains heads, decided NOT to report it to the SEC and NCAA.  Why not mention this violation to the NCAA when you've already reported a crazy amount anyway?  Probably because you'd rather it go unchecked.  That's a cover-up and it's bunch of shit for Bammer if it gets looked into.

Just my opinion....

Not good that Trent's got photos of him out with Tom at a hibachi restaurant circulating the net tonight either...  Shit's getting a little thick...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2011, 10:09:42 PM »
Clay Travis has posted the cease and desist letter. 

http://outkickthecoverage.com/alabama-releases-cease-and-desist-letter-to-t-town-menswear.php

Sorry for the large pic.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2011, 01:03:28 AM »
uat convently sent the C&D Letter the same day that OSU handed down their decision to suspend the tattooed players.  uat Athletic Department knew about this long before sending the C&D letter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2011, 01:15:02 AM »
The dinner photo(s) are the most incriminating, after the Skybox pics, Sideline and Recruiting passes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2011, 08:20:06 AM »
This is pretty cut-and-dry. 

A "current" player (which Maze, Nico and Richardson) are, can NOT have their images, or names used to promote a business.  Whether they benefit from it or not. 
Well, since it's that black and white, I have an easy solution. Business owners who are Alabama fans should purchase some items signed by current AU players (which are readily available for purchase on teh intrawebs) and display said items in their businesses. They should also create whatever graphics they can of those players with the business' logo and put them on their business' Facebook page.

While we're at it, we need to start scouring Facebook to find any business page that has any picture of any current AU player on it. I'll get the number for the NCAA from Prowler so I can report all of the businesses I have noticed that put up "WAR CAM EAGLE" on their signs after the SECCG, plus all of the businesses that have things signed by current AU players displayed to the public (such as a team signed NC helmet). Oh, and we will need to report the websites displaying signed items for sale as well. If they're using a picture of the signed item, they're advertising that signed item to promote their business and sell the item.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2011, 08:38:01 AM »
Well, since it's that black and white, I have an easy solution. Business owners who are Alabama fans should purchase some items signed by current AU players (which are readily available for purchase on teh intrawebs) and display said items in their businesses. They should also create whatever graphics they can of those players with the business' logo and put them on their business' Facebook page.

While we're at it, we need to start scouring Facebook to find any business page that has any picture of any current AU player on it. I'll get the number for the NCAA from Prowler so I can report all of the businesses I have noticed that put up "WAR CAM EAGLE" on their signs after the SECCG, plus all of the businesses that have things signed by current AU players displayed to the public (such as a team signed NC helmet). Oh, and we will need to report the websites displaying signed items for sale as well. If they're using a picture of the signed item, they're advertising that signed item to promote their business and sell the item.

You're a dumbass.... and miss the point.

These people are boosters with ties to the Alabama athletic program.  This isn't just some random fan. 

Also, it's pretty clear that Alabama sent a letter telling them to stop it, which they didn't.  Alabama knew it was a problem.  Why don't you, RWS?

The other issue with this, is that Alabama knew it was a "potential" violation at minimum, yet did no follow up evidently, and still never reported it to the NCAA or SEC.  That's playing with fire when you're a program in it's 17th year of probation.

Also, why would this booster continue to do it, despite the letter telling him to stop?

How you can sit there and play the "nothing to see here" card is amazing, when there are un-doctored, clear and unchallenged facts involved.

**Quick note on your "War Cam Eagle" retort...  The AU Compliance department DID send out letters telling them to stop.  Which they did.  I don't remember seeing any Auburn Athletics affiliated or business they had contracts with distributing, or promoting their business' with said shirts afterwards.  I'm also pretty sure they didn't ask Cam to autograph them to put in their store windows while thumbing their noses at their partner universities compliance department either. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 08:41:07 AM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions