AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
...in so many words.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/slive-ncaa-change-is-1026832.html

Slive: NCAA change is in the air

By JOHN ZENOR

The Associated Press

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — Southeastern Conference Commissioner Mike Slive thinks change is in the air for the NCAA — and to him that's a good thing.

Slive says he and other college and league administrators "feel like change is important," including having investigations "handled in a timely way." Slive spoke to The Associated Press ahead of SEC media days starting Wednesday, with NCAA investigations dominating the news from college athletics.

In the SEC, Tennessee is awaiting a ruling after a 22-month investigation into the football and men's basketball programs, while the NCAA is still investigating the recruitment of Heisman Trophy-winning Auburn quarterback Cam Newton. Auburn has not received an official letter of inquiry.

The SEC head supports a proposal that would allow universities to pay student athletes the full cost of an education.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Well, turns out this was a big part of Slive's "earth shattering" announcement.

So let's get back to discussing this.

Basically saying "Fuck you Finebaum. Fuck you al.com editorialists. Fuck you Pete Thamel. I agree 100% with what Chizik said to that Lach bitch. Shit or get off the pot!"

That's what I heard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about

Basically saying "Fuck you Finebaum. Fuck you al.com editorialists. Fuck you Pete Thamel. I agree 100% with what Chizik said to that Lach bitch. Shit or get off the pot!"

That's what I heard.
I have to agree. The NCAA at times is sluggish, and at times faster than lightning getting all over something. I think the NCAA should be a little more public about if an investigation is still ongoing or not, and what teams that investigation includes. Of course, this is a double edged sword. If your team is under investigation for something, that's going to hurt recruiting and other things. If you want to solve that, just don't do stupid shit. If they weren't so secretive, that would keep fanbases like mine, and people like Prowler in check.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 03:04:41 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach

That's what I heard.

Exactly!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
I have to agree. The NCAA at times is sluggish, and at times faster than lightning getting all over something. I think the NCAA should be a little more public about if an investigation is still ongoing or not, and what teams that investigation includes. Of course, this is a double edged sword. If your team is under investigation for something, that's going to hurt recruiting and other things. If you want to solve that, just don't do stupid shit. If they weren't so secretive, that would keep fanbases like mine, and people like Prowler in check.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Before we go getting all cocky about Slive's comment, remember it was he that went into the updyke locker room at halftime of the Iron Bowl last year and ordered Saban to take a dive in the 2nd half. He wanted to keep that BCS money flowing into the conference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about

You're not going to invite people from other boards here and e-beat me up, are you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler