Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Quote of the Day...

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Quote of the Day...
« on: July 13, 2011, 02:47:15 PM »
SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Duck fans know Nate Costa as a quarterback plagued by injuries but also as the guy who never gave up when his knee gave out.

Costa is bringing that same positive attitude and desire to be part of a team to the Springfield Police force. Municipal Court Judge Phil Williams swore Costa in as Springfield's newest police officer on July 5, Costa's first day on the job.
Trying on his new uniform, Costa called the position his dream job.

"This is a great job for me," Costa said. "This is what I wanted to do after football all along. I'm just into it a little quicker than I anticipated."

The sociology major started interning with the department last year. He quickly caught the eyes of Sgt. John Umenhoffer and beat out more than 100 other applicants for the job.

"Nate showed qualities working extensively with our detective that he was extremely community oriented and proactive," Umenhoffer said. "His personality matches what this police department is all about."

"Its an exciting job and that's what appeals to me," Costa said. "I don't have Autzen Stadium to get that adrenaline rush anymore, so I'm going to have to use the streets of Springfield for that."

Costa added he's also aware that his work could involve some of his former teammates.   :bugs:

"I have thought about that," he said. "Teammates are held close to my heart. My family is held close to my heart. I just took an oath to protect the law, the Constitution of Oregon and the Constitution of the United States and that comes number one in my book from now on."

Costa came to Oregon from California to play football. The fans embraced him, and he embraced them. Now, he said, he's ready to start protecting and serving them.

Costa becomes the second former Duck football player on the Springfield police force. Allan Amundson joined the force several years ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions