friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Quick Question About Jury Duty
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2011, 02:04:09 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2011, 02:17:04 PM »
YAWN!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2011, 09:08:29 AM »
I should have asked this the other day -

I was excused from jury service for the week of August 8-13 because I'm a teacher and we'll be starting school that week.  However, I was told I would still need to check to see when and where I would need to report for August 1-5. 

When I checked my reporting instructions on Friday July 29th at 5:00pm, it said to report at 8:15am on August 8th. 

I've tried to contacting the folks via email and phone, but I've gotten no answer.  Obviously they were all gone for the weekend at 5pm on a Friday, so I don't know why they had me checking my reporting instructions at that time. 

So one again, quick question - Since I've been excused for the week of August 8th, do I just need to ignore my reporting instructions? 

And because I was told I was still on call for August 1st, am I screwed because I'm not going there this morning?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2011, 09:29:32 AM »
I should have asked this the other day -

I was excused from jury service for the week of August 8-13 because I'm a teacher and we'll be starting school that week.  However, I was told I would still need to check to see when and where I would need to report for August 1-5. 

When I checked my reporting instructions on Friday July 29th at 5:00pm, it said to report at 8:15am on August 8th. 

I've tried to contacting the folks via email and phone, but I've gotten no answer.  Obviously they were all gone for the weekend at 5pm on a Friday, so I don't know why they had me checking my reporting instructions at that time. 

So one again, quick question - Since I've been excused for the week of August 8th, do I just need to ignore my reporting instructions? 

And because I was told I was still on call for August 1st, am I screwed because I'm not going there this morning?

Federal pound you in the ass prison. 

That's your future.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2011, 09:34:45 AM »
That's what I'm expecting. 

This doesn't seem like it should be difficult.  I applied for an excuse.  I was granted the excuse.  I shouldn't be schedule...actually, the exact word was "rescheduled" for the week I was excused. 

And of course, no one there answers phone calls or emails. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2011, 10:18:49 AM »
Finally got an answer -

They rescheduled all court cases for next week.  I've been excused from jury service until a later date.   :pb:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions