Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Football News - Alabama

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Football News - Alabama
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2011, 11:00:32 AM »
Really?  Got that bar set a little high don't you?
He said IF we win 10 games that will be a success. Hard to disagree with that. If you can get a 10 win season when losing your starting QB, your #1a running back, and Julio, I would call that a success.

The QB position is a pretty big question mark right now. But then again, it's not like the offense has depended on the play of an elite QB in recent years. I feel pretty good about the OL, which will help break in a new QB and make some holes for the running game. Losing Julio will hurt the run game some.

The defense better be as good as advertised. They showed some flashes last year, so I hope another offseason has helped them put it all together. The offense will need to lean on them some I think.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2011, 11:08:01 AM »
He said IF we win 10 games that will be a success. Hard to disagree with that. If you can get a 10 win season when losing your starting QB, your #1a running back, and Julio, I would call that a success.

The QB position is a pretty big question mark right now. But then again, it's not like the offense has depended on the play of an elite QB in recent years. I feel pretty good about the OL, which will help break in a new QB and make some holes for the running game. Losing Julio will hurt the run game some.

The defense better be as good as advertised. They showed some flashes last year, so I hope another offseason has helped them put it all together. The offense will need to lean on them some I think.

My point was that any team would consider 10 wins a success.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2011, 11:30:14 AM »
I thought of Kaos the other day as I listened to a caller to PF's show go on and on about how this D will be on par if not better than the 92' D. 

I think RWS's take is pretty much spot on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2011, 02:31:20 PM »
I thought of Kaos the other day as I listened to a caller to PF's show go on and on about how this D will be on par if not better than the 92' D. 

I think RWS's take is pretty much spot on.

bamas D will be tested a lot this year and thats just in the SECW. Another thing to consider is that if an offense isn't scoring, the D can only last so long. I think us being Auburn fans can empathize with that.

I also think Auburns D will be even better than years past.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2011, 05:30:46 AM »
Never had an ACL injury so I am not sure how it will change his speed 4eva but I hope it does not. Corey Grant transferring really hurts now. We are down to 2.5 guys. Defense will be fine but really if we can win 10 games I feel like it will be a success.
You'll be lucky to win 5 games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.