Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Mississippi has bammers too...

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Mississippi has bammers too...
« on: July 07, 2011, 11:21:16 AM »
Love Story Culminates With Unique Wedding
7/6/2011 

By Jack Gurner
Reporter

WATER VALLEY – Danielle and Shelton were married last Thursday surrounded by family, friends, snack cakes, candy bars and beef jerky.

The early afternoon ceremony was held at the SprintMart on North Main Street at the insistence of the groom’s mom, who said she finally talked the couple into getting hitched.

Their love story began about six years ago when Danielle Graham moved to Water Valley. “I was living behind her Dad with a buddy of mine and she moved up from Florida,” said the groom, Shelton Maclin. “We met like two days after she moved here. We’ve been together ever since.”

Danielle described Shelton as gorgeous. “That’s what I noticed,” she said. “He was cute. My cousin introduced us and it kinda just rolled from there.”

Danielle said that Shelton’s mom, Tammy Maclin, was definitely the person who pushed them to get married. “We were going to get married anyway. But, at the store, that was totally Mom’s idea,” she said.

There had been some discussion about going to City Park and holding the ceremony in the gazebo. But, their friends at the store would miss the nuptials, said the bride, a former SprintMart employee.

At 1 p.m. Thursday preparations were well underway as Jewel Melton downloaded Mendelssohn's “Wedding March” to her cell phone and Mom went to Doris’ Flowers and Gifts for a hastily constructed bouquet.

Rev. Raymond Aven arrived just before 1:30 and prepared the couple for the ceremony. “Brother Ray-mond has known us for quite a while. He knows how crazy we can get,” said Danielle.

When everyone was ready, he began: “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today…”

When Shelton repeated his vows and got to the part, “to love and to cherish,” tears began to run down Danielle’s face. There were also tears from some of the friends.

Three minutes after it began, Rev. Aven announced, “You may kiss your bride.” Cheering and applause erupted from the onlookers.

There was no wedding cake, so Danielle pushed an orange cupcake into Shelton’s mouth.

“It was amazing,” Danielle’s daughter, Alicia, said of the wedding. Her little sister, Jordyn, nodded her head in agreement.

Missing from the group of guests was SprintMart Manager Don Simoneaux. “Don’s in Cancun. He knows nothing about this,” said Tammy.

Rev. Aven took a moment to reflect on marriage. “The institution of marriage has been destroyed in our nation today. We need to get back the God-given ordination and the preciousness and the importance of being committed one to another.”

“It always does my heart good to see someone who is willing to follow God’s commandment and follow the covenant that has been set for us.”

With a smile, he added, “I have never done a wedding between cat food and cupcakes.”

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
Re: Mississippi has bammers too...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 11:32:18 AM »
That beauty is from Floriday too.  I'm guessing from either the Central or the Gulf Coast region...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 06:48:40 PM »
That beauty is from Floriday too.  I'm guessing from either the Central or the Gulf Coast region...

Arm Tat?  She's South Pinellas all the way.  Largo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 09:20:11 PM »
Arm Tat?  She's South Pinellas all the way.  Largo.

Yeah, but that would normally need to accompany a tramp stamp to be certain, and we don't have that much info about her.  Wait...  Is her eyebrow pierced?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand