Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

He's been struck by lightning... how many times has it been now, Reg?

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
S-s-s-six-six-six-six-six-six-sixty-sixty-six times. In-n-n-n-n-n-n-In-n-n-n-n-n-n-In-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n the head!

Man survives being struck by lightning SIX times

By Paul Thompson

Last updated at 5:46 PM on 30th June 2011

Lucky Melvin Roberts has survived being struck by lightning - for the sixth time.

The 58-year-old escaped with minor burns after a lightning bolt struck his watch.

He only suffered burns on his legs and feet, but his watch bears the scorch mark where it was struck.

Roberts, from Oconee County, South Carolina, said he has survived five other lightning strikes and bears the scars on his body to prove his amazing survival.

'They say lightning doesn't strike twice, but it does,' he said.

Roberts was hit on Monday when he left his home during a storm to cover up some chickens in his back garden.

'I went to cover my chickens up, and I believe it was clear,' he said.

'But when I woke up, I was all bloody and burned and confused and had my little chickens lying with their feet up.'

He said all he remembers is going out to his garden and then waking up in hospital with his wife Martha by his side.

'I don't understand it,' said Roberts. 'It's as if God is trying to tell me something, but I don't know what that is.'

The latest strike connected with his watch leaving a black scorch mark and stopping it at 4.25pm.

What are the chances? Scientists have said there is a one in nine million chance of being struck twice by lightning - but do not have the odds for being hit six times

Roberts was last struck in 2007 and was so badly injured that he spent over a year in a wheelchair after suffering nerve damage to his legs.

Previous strikes meant he had to give up his job as a heavy equipment operator.

Martha said when she first met her husband she struggled to believe he had already been hit twice by lightning.

Three further strikes convinced her that he was either very lucky or cursed.

She believes he increases his chances of being hit by going outside during a storm.

'He will not stay in the house,' she said.

Roberts said his lighting strikes almost parallels his love life having been married five times.

'I've been married five times and I've been hit by lightning five times,' he said.

'My wife says this is the sixth time. I'm not leaving my wife, so I'm going to have to try to do something different.'

'I'm not saying be afraid of it, but I'm going to have to learn to give it a little respect. It can happen to anybody.'

Scientists have worked out that there is a one in nine million chance of being struck twice by lightning, but do not have the odds for being hit six times.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2009955/Man-survives-struck-lightning-SIX-times.html#ixzz1RQWoubF1

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.