Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Casey Anthony Contempt

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Casey Anthony Contempt
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2011, 03:15:05 PM »
A guy on the Bunker that posts as Eagle5 really nailed how I feel about it:

I could stomach the jury's result far better if they concluded Murder 1 was not proven, but yet found CA "guilty" on the lesser charges of aggravated abuse and aggravated manslaughter. Scratching my head on that one, and reportedly, even the defense expected that sort of outcome.

Bolded above is what I am stuck on. They didn't believe she was responsible in ANY way. Not intentional, not accidental, not negligent...NOTHING.  But somehow think her dad/mom did it AND covered it up, although there was NO evidence. Makes NO FUCKING SENSE.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2011, 03:17:43 PM »
Any lawyers here think jury instructions may have affected the verdict?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2011, 03:40:40 PM »

They always should. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2011, 03:42:20 PM »
They always should.

I should have been more specific.

Do you think jury instructions caused the jury to declare her innocent contrary to the evidence provided? 

In other words, was the evidence there to convict her but the prosecution did too much of a shitty job to get the verdict?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2011, 03:43:48 PM »

Not really.  No DNA on the duct tape, no DNA from blood in the trunk, only witness testimony regarding a smell in the trunk vs. an expert on bodily decomposition saying that a body could not have decomposed in the trunk, no cause of death...murder is just impossible to get on that evidence.

Manslaughter?  You still have to prove she caused the death, and when you can't even prove that she was around the body before or after it started decomposing, then there's definitely reasonable doubt for manslaughter.

Negligence?  Well, sure, if we know what caused the death of the child and can show that someone's negligence led to her death, but we don't even have a cause of death, much less any evidence showing that anyone's negligence caused the death.

Abuse?  Again, no evidence.  Caylee was alive one day, and was found as a decomposing body the next.  No DNA links Casey to her body.  Forensic evidence and testimony gives different accounts as to whether Caylee's body was ever in Casey's trunk, and even if it were, there is no evidence showing who put her there.

It simply boils down to there not being enough evidence to rid the average person of reasonable doubt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2011, 03:46:53 PM »
I just can't wrap my head around the fact why someone would take an accidental drowning and make it look like a murder. That shit just doesn't jive, thats common sense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2011, 03:52:33 PM »
Not really.  No DNA on the duct tape, no DNA from blood in the trunk, only witness testimony regarding a smell in the trunk vs. an expert on bodily decomposition saying that a body could not have decomposed in the trunk, no cause of death...murder is just impossible to get on that evidence.

Manslaughter?  You still have to prove she caused the death, and when you can't even prove that she was around the body before or after it started decomposing, then there's definitely reasonable doubt for manslaughter.

Negligence?  Well, sure, if we know what caused the death of the child and can show that someone's negligence led to her death, but we don't even have a cause of death, much less any evidence showing that anyone's negligence caused the death.

Abuse?  Again, no evidence.  Caylee was alive one day, and was found as a decomposing body the next.  No DNA links Casey to her body.  Forensic evidence and testimony gives different accounts as to whether Caylee's body was ever in Casey's trunk, and even if it were, there is no evidence showing who put her there.

It simply boils down to there not being enough evidence to rid the average person of reasonable doubt.

This guy gets it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2011, 03:56:53 PM »

Sometimes I wish I had decided to go to law school.

I really haven't kept up with this case.  I'm just confused why everyone seems to be so bent out of shape about it.  I know Nancy Grace told everyone Casey Anthony was guilty, but it seems like the actual case had very little substance to prove she did it.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2011, 03:57:23 PM »
I just can't wrap my head around the fact why someone would take an accidental drowning and make it look like a murder. That shit just doesn't jive, thats common sense.

Is that evidence of MURDER to you?  In and of itself, with NOTHING to point directly to murder...NOTHING, no cause or manner of death, no crime scene, no murder weapon, nothing...just an idiot...and she's been proved to be an idiot, whore, skank, liar...an idiot doing something idiotic,  THAT alone rises to the level of proving that SHE, Intended to cause the death, and did, in fact cause the death of that child?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2011, 03:59:08 PM »
Sometimes I wish I had decided to go to law school.

I really haven't kept up with this case.  I'm just confused why everyone seems to be so bent out of shape about it.  I know Nancy Grace told everyone Casey Anthony was guilty, but it seems like the actual case had very little substance to prove she did it.

Id like to take a shovel and knock Nancy's mushroom hairdo in to another zip code.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2011, 04:01:24 PM »
Id like to take a shovel and knock Nancy's mushroom hairdo in to another zip code.

Hey remember that time when Natalee Holloway was missing and Nancy Grace picked up her phone to personally call the Aruba investigator and get some answers and she just sat there for a few moments acting like the phone was actually ringing and then went on a rant about how he was ignoring her calls and wasn't concerned for actually finding Natalee Holloway because he saw her number on his caller ID and ignored it?

Yeah I remember that.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:02:02 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2011, 04:05:09 PM »
Nancy Grace makes me want to rip the legs off newborn kittens. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2011, 04:06:34 PM »

I understand what you are saying on everything, but this.  We know as facts that she waited 30 days before contacting authorities that her (2 year old) daughter was missing.  That right there constitutes negligence.  Even if she was kidnapped and killed by someone else, why did she wait so long to contact authorities?  We are talking about a 2 yr old not a 16 yr old who could have run away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2011, 04:07:30 PM »
Is that evidence of MURDER to you?  In and of itself, with NOTHING to point directly to murder...NOTHING, no cause or manner of death, no crime scene, no murder weapon, nothing...just an idiot...and she's been proved to be an idiot, whore, skank, liar...an idiot doing something idiotic,  THAT alone rises to the level of proving that SHE, Intended to cause the death, and did, in fact cause the death of that child?

She didn't give a damn it was dead, lied about it repeatedly and then partied her ugly ass off. 

Soc-EOO-path.  Gonna not give a damn the next time somebody dies around her either. 

Somebody duct taped that child. Somebody discarded it like a used condom. 

Reckon who that was?  The person who lied about knowing where the body was when she, in fact, knew the baby was dead and discarded?  Surely not.  My God, that's unbelievable.  Who could possibly think that the person who knew where the baby's body was would have had anything at all to do with its death or disposal?  Why that doesn't make sense.  It's more rational to believe that Megatron killed the baby because he was mad at Optimus.   

Fuck. 

:sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2011, 04:10:59 PM »
She didn't give a damn it was dead, lied about it repeatedly and then partied her ugly ass off. 

Soc-EOO-path.  Gonna not give a damn the next time somebody dies around her either. 

Reckon who that was?  The person who lied about knowing where the body was when she, in fact, knew the baby was dead and discarded?  Surely not.  My God, that's unbelievable.  Who could possibly think that the person who knew where the baby's body was would have had anything at all to do with its death or disposal?  Why that doesn't make sense.  It's more rational to believe that Megatron killed the baby because he was mad at Optimus.   

Fuck. 

I heard Megatron had an Alibi, Starscream backed him up.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:11:39 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2011, 04:13:06 PM »

Well it sure as hell doesn't make a lick fucking sense. So, why would someone make an accidental drowning look like a murder? No there is no proof obviously for a jury but somebody sure as hell killed that little girl and common fucking sense said Casey Anthony did it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2011, 04:13:28 PM »
I understand what you are saying on everything, but this.  We know as facts that she waited 30 days before contacting authorities that her (2 year old) daughter was missing.  That right there constitutes negligence.  Even if she was kidnapped and killed by someone else, why did she wait so long to contact authorities?  We are talking about a 2 yr old not a 16 yr old who could have run away.

Fuck. 

She's one fucked up unit.  The only way to get to INTENTIONAL MURDER in this case is through sheer inference and supposition.

The prosecution probably could have gotten a conviction on something lesser than Capital Murder had they tried to "infer" that the child drowned due to negligent supervision while mom smoked crack and fucked 4 guys. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2011, 04:17:10 PM »
Well it sure as hell doesn't make a lick fucking sense. So, why would someone make an accidental drowning look like a murder? No there is no proof obviously for a jury but somebody sure as hell killed that little girl and common fucking sense said Casey Anthony did it.

See...you've jumped to a conclusion...there's no proof anybody intentionally killed her. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2011, 04:20:01 PM »
See...you've jumped to a conclusion...there's no proof anybody intentionally killed her.

Are you serious? You still haven't answered my question.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2011, 04:23:38 PM »
Are you serious? You still haven't answered my question.

Burial rites. 

She's going to get hit for mistreating a dead body. 

But no logical or sufficient answer is going to be found for your question.  Because she's a lunatic. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions