Casey Anthony Contempt

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Casey Anthony Contempt
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 10:35:25 AM »
Whatever...

Which part do you disagree with?

Did the mother party like a rock star in the days after her daughter's death (a death she was clearly aware of)?

Did her greaseball mother and father both have knowledge of the death of the child?

Did they all lie to the police? 

Did they all conspire to cover up the murder?

Did the parents stand quietly by while their daughter fed misinformation to the police and media?

Which of that is untrue?  Which is the behavior to be commended?  Who won?

I'd like to kill a lot of people.   They just moved up the list.   I'd laugh if they died in a burning building.  I'd be happy if a mountain lion got in their house and mauled them to death.  I'd snicker of a swarm of african bees stung them all to death. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 10:49:43 AM »
Which part do you disagree with?

Did the mother party like a rock star in the days after her daughter's death (a death she was clearly aware of)?

Did her greaseball mother and father both have knowledge of the death of the child?

Did they all lie to the police? 

Did they all conspire to cover up the murder?

Did the parents stand quietly by while their daughter fed misinformation to the police and media?

Which of that is untrue?  Which is the behavior to be commended?  Who won?

I'd like to kill a lot of people.   They just moved up the list.   I'd laugh if they died in a burning building.  I'd be happy if a mountain lion got in their house and mauled them to death.  I'd snicker of a swarm of african bees stung them all to death.

Sitting in a capital murder seminar posting from my phone...too much detail to type now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 10:51:49 AM »
Sitting in a capital murder seminar posting from my phone...too much detail to type now.

Irony. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2011, 11:17:47 AM »
Irony.

Between the conference, and the weather here in Orange Beach, I doubt I'll take much more time to hash this out.  You can read my previous posts and figure out where I stand.  Short version...they proved she's a first class, lying, skank, narcisist.   They proved to my satisfaction, and the jury's, a coverup.  They didn't have one shred of proof of murder, other than the inferences (see case against Cam Newton already referenced) back from her behavior post missing/dead.  That doesn't prove murder, and no way in hell you can KNOW she murdered her. If you believe you KNOW that...more power to you.  Everybody has an opinion.  Can't disagree with your take on the family as a whole either.  All of them big time fucked up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2011, 12:03:33 PM »
I remember hearing that as well, but it still seems that she could have been charged with even lessor crimes that the evidence more directly supported.  It was clear from what little I heard that she was involved in the mischief, especially the cover-up of a death.  I do understand the reasonable doubt assocated with charges of murder, child abuse or manslaughter.
Um...they did charge and convict here of a misdemeanor...  What's left...charge her with a traffic violation?

Also, Kaos, I find it funny how you know without a shadow of a doubt that she did this...without seeing all the evidence or actually being there.  If the prosecution did their job and the case was as open and shit as you think it is, then we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2011, 12:11:40 PM »
Um...they did charge and convict here of a misdemeanor...  What's left...charge her with a traffic violation?

That was four misdemeanors for providing false information, but who's counting...  So, if I hide your body for a month before reporting you missing to the police, what sort of charges should I be concerned about?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2011, 12:14:21 PM »
That was four misdemeanors for providing false information, but who's counting...  So, if I hide your body for a month before reporting you missing to the police, what sort of charges should I be concerned about?
Well, knowing you, sodomy and rape would be two felonies I'd worry about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2011, 12:15:49 PM »

Can you have the requisite intent to sodomize and rape someone if you're asleep?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GarMan

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2011, 12:18:06 PM »

Is that all?  Any evidence of that would be long gone by the time they found you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2011, 12:20:10 PM »
Is that all?  Any evidence of that would be long gone by the time they found you.
That's why I like you, you clean up.

Can you have the requisite intent to sodomize and rape someone if you're asleep?

Sleep rape, the new Goat AIDS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2011, 12:26:26 PM »
That's why I like you, you clean up.

That...  And, the fact that I keep 7-8 bags of lime in reserve.  You never know when you'll need it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2011, 12:46:56 PM »
Sleep rape, the new Goat AIDS.

Hey let's call it what it is....surprise sex.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GarMan

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2011, 12:54:27 PM »

You can't respond with "No" when you're asleep, and the duct tape will keep you from talking when/if you wake up.  So, it's not rape. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 01:01:49 PM »
You can't respond with "No" when you're asleep, and the duct tape will keep you from talking when/if you wake up.  So, it's not rape.

Especially if it's your dog.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2011, 01:03:18 PM »
Especially if it's your dog.

Or goat
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2011, 01:11:02 PM »
I don't know if she killed the kid or didn't.  My opinion based on her response is that she is a sociopath and has no feeling for anything or anyone other than herself.   The rest of the world is judged and used/discarded based solely on it's benefit to her at that moment.  Incapable of remorse.

The desire to see her exterminated stems from that. 

She knew her child was dead.  At best she was complicit in the cover up.

Prosecution fouled up by not getting the evidence down
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2011, 01:25:36 PM »

No, not the rape victim...the rapist.  We were talking about you sodomizing AWK, afterall...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GarMan

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2011, 01:33:40 PM »
No, not the rape victim...the rapist.  We were talking about you sodomizing AWK, afterall...

Oh...  Well since we're talking AWK, there's little chance that he'd ever be a victim in that situation.  A willing participant...  but, not a victim.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011, 01:59:58 PM »
I don't know if she killed the kid or didn't.  My opinion based on her response is that she is a sociopath and has no feeling for anything or anyone other than herself.   The rest of the world is judged and used/discarded based solely on it's benefit to her at that moment.  Incapable of remorse.

The desire to see her exterminated stems from that. 

She knew her child was dead.  At best she was complicit in the cover up.

Prosecution fouled up by not getting the evidence down

I knew you really got it.  That said, sometimes there's just not any evidence, but you got it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 02:02:58 PM »
I knew you really got it.  That said, sometimes there's just not any evidence, but you got it.

A guy on the Bunker that posts as Eagle5 really nailed how I feel about it:

I guess I'm too much of a "lay person" as the Boonker lawyers (whom I respect as it's clear most are very accomplished at their craft) dub us commoners. I possess the same qualifications as jurors (well, ...) who decide the fate of a fellow citizen accused of criminal charges, and it seems to me that "reasonable" has been "dumbed up" about 30-40% too high out of an irrational fear of an innocent being sentenced to life or executed. I'm not so sure it isn't a back door way of ending capital punishment except in the most heinous cases which society won't tolerate.

If abolishing capital punishment would level the field between prosecution and defense in Murder 1 trials, much as it pains me, I'd have to consider it.

It's a powerful argument, guarding against the taking of an innocent life. But when you see guilty murderers walk like O. J. and I believe Casey Anthony, it screams for reappraisal of prosecutors' tactics, risk/reward decisions on which cases or specific charges to bring, rules of evidence, venue of the trial, judges' management of cases, or jurors' competence or manipulability with the modern-day use of juror consultants, for starters.

Yes, I am saying that some jurors may just be too dim-witted, lazy, manipulable, or biased to render verdicts based on complex evidence. And remember - that cuts both ways - if you have a less attractive looking, young defendant than Casey Anthony with her life all before her, jurors may be manipulated the other direction. This jury didn't bother to review scientific evidence, reaching the not-guilty verdict in the time it takes to woof down a Big Mac.

Some here who had no problem with the verdict yesterday based on the standards of proof in a Murder 1 trial argue simply that the prosecution did not prove cause of death, motive, or guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. It's a fair argument, and obviously 12 jurors bought it with the defense's clever mix of sympathy tactics (Casey's Dad and brother touched her as a young girl), mud thrown at the wall to confuse, and lack of CSI level forensics that were just the reality of the prosecution's case.

Yet the same jurors could not toss out the evidence that CA lied and misrepresented facts to the police. Am I the only one who finds that to be jury compartmentalization of facts? And the jury appears to have found as "reasonable" a theory that Caylee died accidentally, drowning in the pool.

So I'm left thinking, in what alternate universe does this jury live in which a supposedly loving Mom binds her accidentally drowned child with masking tape, shoves her in a sack, dumps her in a swamp, and doesn't report it for 30 days? Now where did the notion of "reasonable" go in that assessment?

I could stomach the jury's result far better if they concluded Murder 1 was not proven, but yet found CA "guilty" on the lesser charges of aggravated abuse and aggravated manslaughter. Scratching my head on that one, and reportedly, even the defense expected that sort of outcome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions