Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Casey Anthony Contempt

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
Casey Anthony Contempt
« on: July 05, 2011, 11:29:39 AM »
This is hillarious!  This judge rocks!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: Casey Anthony Contempt
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 11:32:59 AM »
Six days in jail.  Talk about bringing the hammer down!!  HA!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 12:14:35 PM »
Watching a lot of this case is hitting home for me. I was part of the jury for a murder trial last week in Lee County.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2011/06/30/1639341/auburn-man-guilty-of-murder-could.html

I can imagine what is going through the Jury members' minds right now having just done this. The "he said, she said" and both sides having conflicting accounts of what happened. You really have to weed through a lot of the bullshit and smoke/mirrors and use common sense in this type of case. In the end, they are going to have to ask themselves one thing: is there any reasonable doubt she did this? That's what it really comes down to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 12:55:34 PM »
The defense really jacked up her chances of reasonable doubt by letting the mom lie on the stand that she (the mom) was the one who did the chloroform searches.  That old lawyer rule about never asking a question you don't know the answer to has a corrollary that you should never let one of your own witnesses tell a story you yourself have not tried to poke holes into - aka, Everybody Lies.  How hard was it for the prosecution to prove the mom was physically at work when those searches were done on the home computer? Easy peasy.  So before, it could have been Casey or her mom or her dad who did 85 searches... which is legitimate reasonable doubt.  But now, by having the mom officially ruled out AND proven to be a liar, and the dad probably ruled out as well, the whole "see, anyone had access" argument is shot to hell.

Slick move, guys... :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 01:00:09 PM »
Its better to stay quiet and have them wonder rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 01:19:25 PM »
My wife has been watching this for a while and has infected me with it. While taking breaks from being dragged around Orlando by the kids, I want to drink a beer and chill. The only problem is the only fucking thing on TV is this trial. I wish this jury would just go ahead and hang her ass and get it over with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 01:21:05 PM »
My wife has been watching this for a while and has infected me with it. While taking breaks from being dragged around Orlando by the kids, I want to drink a beer and chill. The only problem is the only fucking thing on TV is this trial. I wish this jury would just go ahead and hang her ass and get it over with.

I wish the jury had that power. Believe me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 01:24:21 PM »
I wish the jury had that power. Believe me.

I would love to kick her in the face before she went to dangling from a rope.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 02:54:50 PM »
She was found not guilty of everything but lying to the cops/filing a false report.

Obviously California does not have a corner on the market on stupid fucktards on juries.

UNREAL.

Normal people do not report their baby missing if they died "accidentally".  Normal people do not hide their baby's body in a sack in some bushes.  Normal people don't go party on South Beach when they lose a child.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 03:03:31 PM »
She was found not guilty of everything but lying to the cops/filing a false report.

Obviously California does not have a corner on the market on stupid fucktards on juries.

UNREAL.

Normal people do not report their baby missing if they died "accidentally".  Normal people do not hide their baby's body in a sack in some bushes.  Normal people don't go party on South Beach when they lose a child.

I agree with all of the above.  Problem is most people know in their heart what most likely happened but that's not what a jury is supposed to use to make their determination.  Happens with Heisman trophy winning QB's too.

I followed this case with a passing interest and read and heard enough to believe this was the more likely outcome.  Way too many unanswered questions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 04:54:32 PM »
I agree with all of the above.  Problem is most people know in their heart what most likely happened but that's not what a jury is supposed to use to make their determination.  Happens with Heisman trophy winning QB's too.

I followed this case with a passing interest and read and heard enough to believe this was the more likely outcome.  Way too many unanswered questions.

That's it in a nutshell.  You can't get a Capital Murder conviction on supposition supported with evidence of general bad character. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 05:07:55 PM »
I will concede capital murder, as there was no way to prove premeditation, other than the 85 internet searches for choloroform.  But I cannot figure out how she was not convicted of manslaughter.  That baby died on HER WATCH.  If it was accidental, say so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 07:07:30 PM »
I will concede capital murder, as there was no way to prove premeditation, other than the 85 internet searches for choloroform.  But I cannot figure out how she was not convicted of manslaughter.  That baby died on HER WATCH.  If it was accidental, say so. 

That's just it.  Based on what little attention I gave to this mess, there still seemed to be more than enough evidence to prove that she was involved to some degree with the murder, the death and/or the cover-up.  Perhaps, they could have charged her with lessor crimes to secure the convictions. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 08:11:58 PM »
That's just it.  Based on what little attention I gave to this mess, there still seemed to be more than enough evidence to prove that she was involved to some degree with the murder, the death and/or the cover-up.  Perhaps, they could have charged her with lessor crimes to secure the convictions.

She was charged with lesser crimes.  She was charged with aggravated child abuse and aggravated manslaughter.  Still not enough evidence to hang her. 

Also, JR correct me if I'm wrong, but the first degree murder charge also had lesser included charges (felony murder and one other, I think).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

JR4AU

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 09:38:03 PM »
She was charged with lesser crimes.  She was charged with aggravated child abuse and aggravated manslaughter.  Still not enough evidence to hang her. 

Also, JR correct me if I'm wrong, but the first degree murder charge also had lesser included charges (felony murder and one other, I think).

Yes and were instructed that they could consider them.  No evidence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 10:00:55 AM »

I remember hearing that as well, but it still seems that she could have been charged with even lessor crimes that the evidence more directly supported.  It was clear from what little I heard that she was involved in the mischief, especially the cover-up of a death.  I do understand the reasonable doubt assocated with charges of murder, child abuse or manslaughter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 10:08:32 AM »

Because they believe the defense's cockmaney theory that George Anthony drowned her in a pool and tossed her in Casey's trunk before throwing her in a swamp. With no evidence of course. Sounds plausible to me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 10:15:33 AM »
Because they believe the defense's cockmaney theory that George Anthony drowned her in a pool and tossed her in Casey's trunk before throwing her in a swamp. With no evidence of course. Sounds plausible to me.

IHO, it was a combo of being over charged, and lack of evidence.  They won in spite of the bs, not because of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 10:22:37 AM »
IHO, it was a combo of being over charged, and lack of evidence.  They won in spite of the bs, not because of it.

Won? 

There are no winners here. 

No matter what actually happened -- accidental drowning (bullshit) or purposeful murder (yep) -- that sick ass diseased family conspired to destroy evidence, cover up the event and callously discard the body of an innocent child.  And then resume partying. 

Fuck them all. 

I would not lose one second of sleep if I was presented the opportunity and gunned them down.  All of them.  The lying mother, the greasy father and the party whore.   In fact, I hope somebody does have the decency and humanity to wipe that entire family from the face of the earth.  I'd celebrate it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 10:29:20 AM »
Won? 

There are no winners here. 

No matter what actually happened -- accidental drowning (bullshit) or purposeful murder (yep) -- that sick ass diseased family conspired to destroy evidence, cover up the event and callously discard the body of an innocent child.  And then resume partying. 

Fuck them all. 

I would not lose one second of sleep if I was presented the opportunity and gunned them down.  All of them.  The lying mother, the greasy father and the party whore.   In fact, I hope somebody does have the decency and humanity to wipe that entire family from the face of the earth.  I'd celebrate it.

Whatever...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions