Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Article on Patrick Trahan and the Reason he was academically ineligible...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
This story is COMPLETELY one sided...I'm not going to post the article...because they have my name...and I have a subscription to the Magazine.  So, click the link and read the posts that've responded to it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3361190
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

This story is COMPLETELY one sided...I'm not going to post the article...because they have my name...and I have a subscription to the Magazine.  So, click the link and read the posts that've responded to it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3361190

Oh fucking shit, man.  This article just set me off. 

As a former Tiger Tutor, I can be the first one to tell the world that the Auburn athletic department does NOT allow these athletes to get away with being lazy.  I don't doubt for a second that Virgil point at Trahan and said, "You lied!"  He's very hard on these athletes and speaks to them the same way a coach would. 

It might be a sad situation, but Auburn can't bend the rules just because Mama doesn't understand why her baby isn't getting all the help he needs to keep playing football.  Isn't that where the problem is?  She didn't seem to give an actual shit about the situation until he was ineligible.  Auburn parents have the ability to check their kid's grades.  Not to mention, if Trahan needed extra help he could have ASKED for it.  There are tons of tutors in the program that are willing to help.  If he so happened to have one that didn't do their job correctly, he could have easily marched into Virgil's office and said something. 

"When asked what sense it makes for Auburn to let her son, a starter, sink into an abyss, she searches for an answer."  That statement says it all for me. 

I had some players that I tutored who genuinely could not read past a 5th grade level.  They went to class, took notes, and studied the material.  When I met with them, they had no clue what was going on.  I, along with other tutors and academic advisors, worked hard to help them the best we could.  The ones that tried hard, passed.  The ones that didn't, had big time issues. 

I'd really like to know who the Auburn official was that said, "It's his fault. We asked how you were doing, and you said fine. You lied!"  Was Feldman in attendence for that meeting, or did he get it from Trahan's Mama?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
He probably did Extensive Research...then got the story from Trahan's mom.....This guy is a regular on the PF bammer information network.  I'm sure we'll be hearing about this...and, $abban and Co. will use this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

When you have CTT's reputation for graduating players and at the rates we graduate players at AU, I almost hope they're stupid enough to try and blow this up.

We'll wipe the floor with this particular lie.  They don't want to be exposed as the liars they are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BLS

He probably did Extensive Research...then got the story from Trahan's mom.....This guy is a regular on the PF bammer information network.  I'm sure we'll be hearing about this...and, $abban and Co. will use this.

In all fairness, what school wouldn't use this for recruiting? It's fair game. You can bet it won't be just one school either.

I'm sure there is enough blame on both sides. The young man knew he was getting into trouble and continued to let it happen. This had to have happened over a period of time, not over night. Both parties could have avoided it. Looking at it from the outside it looks like the universities faculty, coaching staff, student and his family, dropped the ball.
 What I'm really surprised by in this story is the fact that usually someone from the coaching staff has an idea on which players are borderline academically, especially starters. Something there just isn't right.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 08:58:43 AM by BLS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BLS

When you have CTT's reputation for graduating players and at the rates we graduate players at AU, I almost hope they're stupid enough to try and blow this up.

We'll wipe the floor with this particular lie.  They don't want to be exposed as the liars they are.

Frankly,in the world of mudslinging,I mean recruiting, this story can't be positive. These coaches that do this for a living will put a spin on it that would sound all too convincing. Particularly to a young recruite and his family. Especially one with a learning disability .
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Frankly,in the world of mudslinging,I mean recruiting, this story can't be positive. These coaches that do this for a living will put a spin on it that would sound all too convincing. Particularly to a young recruite and his family. Especially one with a learning disability .

It would take someone 5 seconds to show them the facts.  I hear what you're saying, but there's just too much information available to the contrary.   

We'll just have to see ultimately in the end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
It would take someone 5 seconds to show them the facts.  I hear what you're saying, but there's just too much information available to the contrary.   

The problem is that there are too many parents that will not follow up, much like his mother.  I assure you that the folks with the facts will be nowhere near these coaches when they sell recruits on this shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

BLS

No question about the facts. It's there to see. Problem is when professional bullshitters, or recruiters, are on their game they can put spin on anything. Sometimes facts become meaningless by products. It's unfortunate but true, Those guys are really, really good at what they do. Usually all they need is a little bit of ammunition to build on.
Now that works both ways so AU could counter but being defensive over accusations automatically puts you in a less than favorable light and behind the 8-ball right off the bat. It's easier to point with less than truthful accusations rather than explain yourself. I'm sure it won't be that big of a deal but in the state of the SEC and it's extreme competitiveness, no ammo is required and any that is offered up is used to the hilt.

Not to mention if the media runs with it and twists it out of proportion or keeps harping on it to sensationalize it.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 09:46:15 AM by BLS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Damn, they have computers.  Why didn't they just hack in and change his grades?

Works in Mobile
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
You know what....the Turds want to use this as some kind of Ammo and get kids to beleive this One Sided story, then Fuck 'EM.  Fuck uat.  I hope they do use this and get some recruits because of it....It'll just weed out the Dumb Asses that are too stupid to do research on the matter.  Hell, they'll fit right in at Shitstone.

Here's Mr. Feldman on Dunaway & Brown....Audio, Scroll Down.  Sounds like he's taking Auburn's side.  He explains A Lot.  It's pretty good stuff.  It actually made me feel a little better.

http://www.dandbradio.com/
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 07:21:49 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions