Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Son of whatcha listening to: Whatcha watching?

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Son of whatcha listening to: Whatcha watching?
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2011, 01:44:19 PM »
Those of you with Netflix need to cue this up. 

http://www.amazon.com/Back-Hell-Tribute-
Sam-Kinison/dp/B0042RJWSI
It's streaming and well worth the hour!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2011, 02:29:05 PM »
I've been watching some of "Wilfred" when I can. I recommend catching some of it too. The dog/human is pretty damn funny.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2011, 12:01:12 AM »
Mobsters on Bio and CI.....love these shows. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 12:01:58 AM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2012, 03:00:40 PM »
Just finished catching up on Ax Men for this season.  Finished Moonshiners last week.  Not a bad show, fake as hell, but entertaining.   The addition of Popcorn Sutton was nice.  Thought about buying his book a couple of years back.  I should have then, but didn't really have that much interest in it.  I had seen him on a couple of history Channel specials.  I think "Hillbilly" was one of them, but can't remember.   I should have bought it since it has gone out of print.  I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it and some of his "likker".

Going to finish up the past season of "Sons of Anarchy" and the first season of "American Horror Story" in the near future.  I have been lucky here lately to get caught up with what I have so far.   Hoping to get caught up before the next seasons start.  :(
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2012, 03:02:16 PM »
Just finished catching up on Ax Men for this season.  Finished Moonshiners last week.  Not a bad show, fake as hell, but entertaining.   The addition of Popcorn Sutton was nice.  Thought about buying his book a couple of years back.  I should have then, but didn't really have that much interest in it.  I had seen him on a couple of history Channel specials.  I think "Hillbilly" was one of them, but can't remember.   I should have bought it since it has gone out of print.  I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it and some of his "likker".

Going to finish up the past season of "Sons of Anarchy" and the first season of "American Horror Story" in the near future.  I have been lucky here lately to get caught up with what I have so far.   Hoping to get caught up before the next seasons start.  :(

I've learned that there is no reality show that is "reality". When the people on the reality show know there is a camera rolling, they will not act 100% natural. They will act, and think about what they are going to say/do more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2012, 03:07:30 PM »
I've learned that there is no reality show that is "reality". When the people on the reality show know there is a camera rolling, they will not act 100% natural. They will act, and think about what they are going to say/do more.

Agree 100%.  I threw out all that out the window a long time ago and just go along with it.  Although, I do know a guy that went to Louisiana for work and while he was down there he took a weekend to search out for Shelby from AxMen.  Found him, said that dude is as crazy in real life as he is on the show.  Took him out for a ride with Willie, let him shoot the pistol and invited him back anytime he had a chance.

Being a fan of the Alky-halls made me turn into Moonshiners.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2012, 03:14:20 PM »
Agree 100%.  I threw out all that out the window a long time ago and just go along with it.  Although, I do know a guy that went to Louisiana for work and while he was down there he took a weekend to search out for Shelby from AxMen.  Found him, said that dude is as crazy in real life as he is on the show.  Took him out for a ride with Willie, let him shoot the pistol and invited him back anytime he had a chance.

Being a fan of the Alky-halls made me turn into Moonshiners.

It may disappoint many, but Pawn Stars is fake as hell. Saw that in person out in Vegas. When you see a deal being done on the show, the deal has already been done off camera beforehand. If an item or person is interesting to them that they made a deal with, they basically line everyone back up, get everyone (except a couple of extras) out of the shop and film a "fake" scripted deal for the TV show.

Ever notice how when they are haggling a deal you only see 4-5 people in the shop? This is why. Every day of the week, that place has thousands of visitors, and people line the place shoulder to shoulder. When they go to film, they clear the place. After I was told all of this by a few of the guys that worked there, I totally got turned off from the show. They also said the owners are there about 10% of the time at best. So tourists hoping to see them......good luck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2012, 03:20:01 PM »
It may disappoint many, but Pawn Stars is fake as hell. Saw that in person out in Vegas. When you see a deal being done on the show, the deal has already been done off camera beforehand. If an item or person is interesting to them that they made a deal with, they basically line everyone back up, get everyone (except a couple of extras) out of the shop and film a "fake" scripted deal for the TV show.

Ever notice how when they are haggling a deal you only see 4-5 people in the shop? This is why. Every day of the week, that place has thousands of visitors, and people line the place shoulder to shoulder. When they go to film, they clear the place. After I was told all of this by a few of the guys that worked there, I totally got turned off from the show. They also said the owners are there about 10% of the time at best. So tourists hoping to see them......good luck.

My brother was out there not long ago and told me the same thing.  Stayed long enough to get a t-shirt and then left.  Said they had a bunch of shit items on the shelves as well.  The stuff (weapons, cars, guitars) must be taken to auction, b/c they aren't anywhere to be seen for the most part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2012, 03:49:47 PM »

A couple I'd disagree on are the two I watch the most, Deadliest Catch and UFC.  I'd say Deadliest Catch is about spot on because there's not a lot of acting that can go on when it's 20 degrees, snowing, sleeting with the wind blowing 60 and the seas throwing you around the boat.  Just do your job and hang on. That's reality enough for me and for some reason, very entertaining.

The UFC, if you don't watch it, takes a bunch of up and coming fighters and puts them all in a house for 6 weeks while they fight their way to a UFC contract.  They divide them into 2 teams, which does cause a whole hell of a lot of drama, but at the end of the day, it's really every man for himself.  I'm sure there's some hamming it up for the cameras but the "reality" is, these are some mean, bad ass mother truckers who fight for a living. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2012, 03:52:37 PM »

Never gave it much thought, but doesn't surprise me.  What did surprise me was "Big Shrimping".  Geeeezus Christo, the captains of those shrimp boats make the dumbest Alaskan crab boat hands look like fucking Rhode's Scholars.  Getting a little tired of all these "reality shows" about idiot southern rednecks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2012, 04:04:30 PM »
Never gave it much thought, but doesn't surprise me.  What did surprise me was "Big Shrimping".  Geeeezus Christo, the captains of those shrimp boats make the dumbest Alaskan crab boat hands look like fucking Rhode's Scholars.  Getting a little tired of all these "reality shows" about idiot southern rednecks.

Couldn't agree more.  Those are some nasty, toothless, dumbass Wal Mart shoppers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2012, 06:25:35 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2012, 11:29:48 PM »
I have watched a few shows of Cajun Pawn Stars.  I like the "coonasses" better than I do the guys from Vegas. 

I am with Snaggle on the Deadliest Catch.  It is damn good to me.  I have started recording Bering Sea Gold.  Anyone watched it yet and is it worth my time? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2012, 01:09:42 AM »
I have watched a few shows of Cajun Pawn Stars.  I like the "coonasses" better than I do the guys from Vegas. 

I am with Snaggle on the Deadliest Catch.  It is damn good to me.  I have started recording Bering Sea Gold.  Anyone watched it yet and is it worth my time?
I like the Cajun Pawn a lot more than Vegas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2012, 09:54:46 AM »
I like the Cajun Pawn a lot more than Vegas.

Several people I know have said they don't.....Good to know that it's just not me that likes them better. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 09:56:25 AM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2012, 10:12:20 AM »
All I know is Troy Landry filled his last tag with less than an hour to go in the season, with a 13'6" gatah.

Choot him Elizabit...choot him
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2012, 10:22:22 AM »
All I know is Troy Landry filled his last tag with less than an hour to go in the season, with a 13'6" gatah.

Choot him Elizabit...choot him

I like swamp people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2012, 10:33:38 AM »
I like swamp people.

Agreed.  How can you not want to see what's on the other end of that line.  Grabbing a small rope with a 500 lb. gator thrashing like a mofo on the other end is just good television.  However, I feel for the people filming because they have to be around those people and huge coolers of "bait" all day....which is.....big chunks of rotting chicken.  There's not a whole lot worse than rotten chicken.  Yeeeeesh
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2012, 10:46:01 AM »
Agreed.  How can you not want to see what's on the other end of that line.  Grabbing a small rope with a 500 lb. gator thrashing like a mofo on the other end is just good television.  However, I feel for the people filming because they have to be around those people and huge coolers of "bait" all day....which is.....big chunks of rotting chicken.  There's not a whole lot worse than rotten chicken.  Yeeeeesh

:puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2012, 03:19:30 PM »
Ok, confession.....I will DVR shows and I am real bad about getting a season behind and then getting caught up.  I can't do that with Swamp People.  I had to watch last night.  Anyone else catch it?

Will ask again about Bearing Sea Gold?  Worth watching?

Also caught an episode of Mudcats or whatever.  Those guys................yeah, they are idiots.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions