Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Countdown to Football

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Countdown to Football
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2011, 03:03:05 PM »
That's one muscled up he-man

I heard they nicknamed him "Table Scraps".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

noxin

« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2011, 03:30:05 PM »
My money is on Phillip Sims at North Alabama.

fixed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2011, 04:04:54 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2011, 07:33:03 PM »
I like Robinson too Ths. He needs more help and Michigan might only win a handful but this guy is electric. And I think he will light up the NFL as a slot back ala Bush.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2011, 10:55:10 AM »
51 Days

I've got my eye on Denard Robinson at Michigan. 

What about you?

51 Days.

On paper, yes I would agree Robinson is a good candidate to pull this off. Only issue for him may be that Hoke switched Michigan back to a Pro-Style system. Robinson might not run as much. Quick trivia: Anyone know who his OC at Michigan is? Should be a familiar prostyle coach to most Auburn fans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2011, 11:06:09 AM »
On paper, yes I would agree Robinson is a good candidate to pull this off. Only issue for him may be that Hoke switched Michigan back to a Pro-Style system. Robinson might not run as much. Quick trivia: Anyone know who his OC at Michigan is? Should be a familiar prostyle coach to most Auburn fans.

Borges?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2011, 01:01:44 PM »
Borges?
Yes, I posted the link to that story 8 months ago. JESUS CHRIST, WHY DON'T YOU GUYS READ MY THREADS!@#@!#!@

I'M LEAVING!@#!@#@!#  :( :( :(
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2011, 01:03:21 PM »
Borges?
Yes, I posted the link to that story 8 months ago. JESUS CHRIST, WHY DON'T YOU GUYS READ MY THREADS!@#@!#!@

I'M LEAVING!@#!@#@!# :(  :(
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2011, 01:14:08 PM »

47 Days

"Are you kidding me?!?"

"Mr. Athletic Director, look, I'm sorr-"

"The power bill is double what it was last year!  Why the hell has the A/C been turned down ten extra degrees!  It's freezing!"

"My office and my chair, they're just, well it's just so hot outside, ya know?" 

Mark Richt's power bill has gone up. 

From 2002-2008, every year but one did Mark have a 10 win season. 

But in 2009, he had an 8 win season and in 2010, he had a 6 win season. 

If Richt can't improve, he's going to need his own window unit especially considering Muschamp and Dooley are very young inexperienced head coaches. 

Mack Brown's carrying an extra handkerchief in his pocket.

It's been two years since Brown was in the BCS championship game, but something seemed off last year.

Almost tiring.  Like the program had run out of gas. 

He may have some time, but he may be cautiously eyeing those retirement papers if he can't keep up with the rest of the nation.

Paul Wulff at Washington State.

"But Washington State is such a doormat!"

And the coach before him could win 5-6 games a year.  Mike Price won 10 games from 2001-2003. 

Wulff is 5-32.  That's around a .135 winning percentage. 

He's probably past the sweating phase and just kickin' it until he's run out of town. 

Greg Schiano might want to keep some extra hundred dollar bills around to wipe his forehead. 

Not so much because he has been a terrible coach.

But Rutgers - a traditionally bad football team - is pumping tons of money into Schiano's program. 

Schiano makes 2.25 million per year, and he's convinced boosters to fund facility improvements.

And Rutgers still looks like Rutgers. 

Football and school spirit is why we watch. 

But it's the drama of the offseason that keeps us talking. 

Soon, we'll start figuring out talking points for next January-July.

And coaching changes are always fun.

47 Days
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:16:11 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2011, 02:01:24 PM »

I'M LEAVING!@#!@#@!#  :( :( :(

Thats where I gots me info from Shirley.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2011, 02:02:31 PM »

I'M LEAVING!@#!@#@!# :(  :(

Stop yelling at me sourpuss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2011, 02:07:09 PM »
Stop yelling at me sourpuss.
It's these short arms...they make me emotional.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2011, 10:17:08 AM »
46 Days

Years ago, football season lasted from September through December and ended on January 1st.  High school recruits were allowed to sign with their college of choice in February, and most people went about their business until the following fall. 

Nowadays, football season lasts from September through mid January.  Football's recruiting season lasts year round and really heats up January and February.  Football's spring season lasts from March until April.  Trash talking season lasts from May until June.  Football's media season is in July, and football's practice season is in August.

Fans have to buy tickets to experience most of those. 

Tomorrow starts the media season.  All 12 SEC coaches will visit the Winfrey hotel in Hoover, AL and will field questions from a group of hair-gelled, fake tanned journalism nerds who probably only played football in the 9th grade. 

And those nerds can be a coach's best friend in terms of pushing propaganda or a coach's thorn in terms of asking too much. 

The best defense against an unwanted question is a strategy known as coach-speak.  This kind of answer is a vague statement that technically answers the question but leaves out relevant facts. 

But what if coach-speak was illegal? 

What questions would each coach hate to answer if they were forced to answer truthfully? 

SEC EAST

Will Muschamp (Florida) - "Coach, how does it feel to be the last former Tuberville coordinator - Chizik, Petrino, and Fischer being the others - to get a head coaching job?"

Mark Richt (Georgia) - "Is there a game this season that you've circled as the 'If we don't win this one I'm done' game?"

Joker Phillips (Kentucky) - "How's the basketball team this year?"

Steve Spurrier (South Carolina) - "Using only adjectives, how do you feel about Stephen Garcia?"

Derrick Dooley (Tennessee) - "Using only adjectives, how do you feel about Lane Kiffin?"

James Franklin (Vanderbilt) - "What's the formula for coming up with a post game speech after a loss?"

SEC WEST

Nick Saban (Alabama) - "How do you feel about being partially responsible for the creation of numerous NCAA rules meant to curtail head coaches from taking advantage of high school and college students?"

Gene Chizik (Auburn) - "If Julie Roe Lach was on fire and all you had to do was pee on her to put it out, would you?"

Bobby Petrino (Arkansas) - "How do you manage family life considering being a college football coach requires so much of your time?" 

Les Miles (LSU) - "Would you be willing to pay a few thousand dollars for a tape of my 14 year old cousin playing capture the flag in his back yard with his neighborhood buddies?  Have one of your assistant coaches text him the answer."

Dan Mullen (Miss State) - "Coach, how different do you think things would be right now if you had ponied up the money for Cam Newton and stayed quiet about it?" 

Houston Nutt (Ole Miss) - "Out of the 120 FBS schools in the country, how many of them would you leave Ole Miss for even if you had to take a pay cut?" 

46 Days
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 10:18:14 AM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2011, 11:29:35 AM »
Bobby Petrino (Arkansas) - "How do you manage family life considering being a college football coach requires so much of your time?"

Les Miles (LSU) - "Would you be willing to pay a few thousand dollars for a tape of my 14 year old cousin playing capture the flag in his back yard with his neighborhood buddies?  Have one of your assistant coaches text him the answer."

I chortled out loud at these...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2011, 10:40:15 AM »
45 Days

SEC media days starts today! 

It's all downhill from here.

Next week, radio hosts will analyze the interviews until they're blue in the face.

The following week, practice starts.  Articles begin churning out.  It suddenly hits less than 30 days until kickoff.  Depth charts are settled.  Predictions get rolling.  Hype begins.  The fireworks are ready to go. 

But before we get ahead of ourselves, let's preview each team's most needed player in order to have a great season. 

SEC EAST

Florida - QB John Brantley.  In 2008 and 2010, Florida finished in the top three in recruiting rankings.  While 2009 was rated #11, they still hauled in 3 five stars and 9 four stars.  Needless to say, Florida's full of experienced talent especially on the defensive side of the ball.  But the offense remains a question mark.  If Brantley can manage the pro-style offense effectively, this team will make serious noise this season.

Georgia - RB Isaiah Crowell.  A true freshman?  Yes.  A true freshman at running back is crucial to Georgia's success this year.  Aaron Murray may be considered by some to be the best quarterback in the SEC, but he's lost a lot of talent around him.  The two experienced running backs from last season are gone.  If Crowell doesn't get the line of scrimmage moving, Murray won't have much time to avoid the blitzes every team will throw at him.

Kentucky - QB Morgan Newton.  Kentucky loses Randall Cobb, and they have to find a new identity.  Newton now has experience, and Joker Phillips's program should be running smoothly.  If Newton doesn't come through, this Kentucky team could be looking at missing a bowl game. 

South Carolina - LB Shaq Wilson.  Last year, South Carolina had one of the most productive offenses in the country.  They should be just as dangerous this year with Lattimore, Garcia, and Jeffrey returning.  However, despite their offensive production, they still lost five games.  Defense was their weak point.  They get Wilson (2009 leading tackler) back after an injury last year, and he has to return to form.  If not, this team will not be much different than last year's.

Tennessee - QB Tyler Bray.  Question marks plague the Tennessee program.  From NCAA investigations to a depleted depth chart to an inexperienced head coach to a young, shaky quarterback.  The Vols need consistency.  Bray has the most potential talent of anyone in the country, but he lacked leadership last year.  He has to grow up quickly.  If he does, Tennessee may have a puncher's chance to make noise. 

Vanderbilt - QB Larry Smith.  Vanderbilt returns all 11 starters from last season's offense.  While they were horrible last season, returning starters equals experience, and experience equals a better chance at proper execution.  Vandy doesn't have much of a chance to get to a bowl game, but if Larry Smith can come around as an experienced QB, they may squeeze out 6 wins.

SEC WEST

Alabama - QB AJ McCarron (or Phillip Sims).  Donta Hightower almost got this spot because the defense is predicted to be the best defense of the last ten years.  As the leader, Hightower has to come through.  But what if the defense is put into a position to lose?  That's the worst mistake a quarterback can make.  To give the other team easy field position is like cracking your defense in the knee with a hammer.  Trent Richardson will do his part.  The offensive line will do theirs.  The defense will be stacked.  But with a lack of talent at the receiver position and an inexperienced quarterback, it's crucial that the starting quarterback does not make stupid mistakes leading to points for the other side.

Auburn - MLB Not Available.  Auburn is inexperienced all over the field.  The offense is going to take a step backwards after losing Cam Newton and four offensive linemen.  But the defense should continue to grow as they are three years into Ted Roof's system.  Josh Bynes was the leader of the defense last year.  Whoever fills his spot is the most important player on the team.  He'll have to be a leader.  A warrior.  And one who stuffs the middle as most of Auburn's opponents feature bruising, heavyweight running backs. 

Arkansas - MLB Jerry Franklin.  Tyler Wilson will do just fine.  Knile Davis will continue to dominate the running game.  But the defense has to make the next jump.  Jerry Franklin is the leader of an improving defense that has to be better at stopping the run.  Franklin's play this year will determine if Arkansas has another good season or if Arkansas makes a trip to Atlanta in December.

LSU - RB Michael Ford.  Everyone knows the plight of the LSU quarterback, but Ford is the key component of this offense.  If he (or any other running back on the team) cannot be a consistent productive back that moves the line of scrimmage, Jordan Jefferson will be forced to make quick decisions - something that's proved fatal to LSU the past few years. 

Miss State - QB Chris Relf.  Miss State is shooting for its first 10 win season since 1999.  Relf is the leader of Mullen's vaunting offense, and in order to beat the top teams of the West, he will have to be their Tim Tebow. 

Ole Miss - RB Brandon Bolden.  Bolden has been Ole Miss's feature back for a few years now, and if Ole Miss wants to get back to winning 9 games, he has to break out.  Ole Miss had a terrible season last year, and this year doesn't look promising.  If Bolden can control the line of scrimmage, eat clock, give the quarterback time to throw, and help the defense with field position, Ole Miss stands a chance to upset some unsuspecting teams. 

45 Days.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 10:54:04 AM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2011, 10:48:41 AM »
Knile Davis.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2011, 10:22:05 AM »
44 Days

A haze of smoke still lingers in the air.  Faint screams paint the background with a fearful atmosphere.  The pattering of footsteps of those who want to live. 

In the center, one man celebrates.  His wild hair blithely dances with the breeze.  His arms alternately punch the sky. 

He stops.  The smoke clears. 

Glass breaks in the distance.  Pieces of the building fall to the ground adding to the din of the scene.

He doesn't notice.

He slowly walks forward.  His feet slightly scrape the pavement.  They knock a piece of metal out of the way. 

He thinks about his back.  He is battered and bruised.  He was awfully close to the explosion.  It nearly knocked him unconscious.  But it was worth the pain.  Worth the injury.  He would heal.  He would not. 

He stops and stares trying to cut his vision through the remaining fog.  There's nothing there.  He saw him land right in this spot.  He can see how the debris fell all around this spot, but this spot is empty and clean. 

The ticking of a pocket watch begins to echo.  He pulls an oversized, colorful watch out of his pocket and loudly giggles at the sight of the familiar clown painted on the back.  He checks the time.  Just past midnight. 

He begins scouring the scene.  Overturning sheetrock.  Tossing away glass. 

He is no where to be found. 

He pauses in pain.  He can barely move his back.  And that's when he senses it.  And he turns around.

In shock, he sees him standing upright.  Tall, strong, and confident.  Victorious even.  Perhaps an expression of elation but one couldn't tell.  There was no mirth behind the black mask. 

"Give up, Joker.  You've caused enough damage to yourself.  To others.  To our city," he said.

The Joker started to turn around.  He stumbled, but he knew a gun was around here somewhere.  He found it on top of an overturned car. 

When he spun around, Batman was gone, and the Joker knew he had failed once more in taking out his foe. 

Two and a half years ago, a man named Gene Chizik moved from the state of Iowa to the state of Alabama amidst criticism and derision. 

He was a 5-19 failure.  A glorified coordinator that had benefitted from experienced head coaches and a roster full of talent. 

He was taking over a hopeless program.  One that just had an embarrassing turn of events with a slovenly offensive coordinator.  One that just lost to Vanderbilt.  One that was embarrassed and shut out by their arch-rival.  One that was drowning in recruiting.  One that had nothing to stand high on.

He was met with uncertainty.  More so, he was met with a disdain for his hiring.  Sincere acrimony was directed at the athletic director responsible for this debacle. 

Worse, a simpleton drove to an airport amongst other unhappy Auburn fans and vocally booed the person who hired him.  It was caught on video.  Broadcasted nationally were the words, "We want a leader not a loser!" 

Still, Chizik stood tall.  He sternly stated in his press conference that he loved Auburn.  That he's always wanted to coach at Auburn.  He handled the situation beautifully. 

But the negative attacks still came.  Dire predictions were headed his way. 

He hired a staff of unappreciated assistant coaches.  His offensive coordinator was deemed no better than a high school coach.  His defensive coordinator was painted as a failure.  His two coaches in charge of recruiting were thugs and crooks. 

No one would be fooled by Auburn, they said. 

Maybe they weren't.  But Chizik's first recruiting class just a few months after his hire managed to salvage what was once thought to be a complete mess. 

His first season was treated just as harshly. 

No hope.  We would all see just how bad he was.  How Tuberville would have saved the day somehow.  How Chizik would be unable to handle the firestorm of the SEC, the media, and the fans. 

But he did.  He stood confidently and won his first 5 games as a head coach.  He would go on to win 8 games and show inspiring leadership as the team won a thrilling bowl game against Northwestern. 

Yet, everyone still laughed.  Northwestern was a doormat.  Chizik had lost too many SEC games.  Recruiting would falter, and Chizik would fade away into the dungeon of losing coaches. 

To everyone's surprise, Chizik emerged on top again.  A top 3 recruiting class including the number one player from numerous states.  The top JUCO prospect.  The #1 running back according to Rivals. 

Things were looking up for Gene Chizik. 

But not if the Joker had anything to say about it. 

The top JUCO prospect wasn't a top prospect at all.  He was a thief.  He was Brent Schaeffer.  The #1 running back was too old.  He would never grow into a mature football player because he was already 20.  None of the depth chart would matter because of the ineptitude of the head coach. 

Chizik was still a nobody and would trap himself.  It was almost too easy for the villain to get the victory. 

By October of 2010, Gene Chizik and Auburn had solidified themselves as a national contender.  After an impressive victory against an extremely talented LSU team, the college football world would have to take Gene Chizik seriously.

He was no longer a loser.  He was a true leader.  And he had many weapons of sophistication he could use to retake the city.  To place Auburn at the top. 

That's when the Joker started playing unfair.  Sophisticated weapons were no longer used.  A dirty bomb was dropped, and everyone snickered and grinned as surely Gene Chizik would return to his cave as a nobody in the college football world.

But he still stood tall.  He didn't play their game.  He played his own.  And he came out on top with the spoils of the victor. 

The Joker wasn't done. 

The Joker still had other dirty bombs.  Dirtier bombs.  Bombs that would kill the Batman and remove him from the scene. 

No way Chizik could recruit well after such a tumultuous season.  The NCAA would slam Auburn.  The media would report the smoking gun.  Recruits would run for other schools. 

Once again, however, Chizik was unshaken.  Auburn finished with another top recruiting class. 

The Joker began to get desperate.  He began threatening with unimaginable weapons.  Dirty bombs weren't enough. 

Suicide bombs were called in. 

Aspiring professionals claimed to have tapes.  Claimed to have evidence that would destroy Auburn.  Threatened to use them when the time was right. 

No way Chizik could survive an attack when the attacker has wrapped his arms around Chizik's waist. 

But when the bombs blew, Chizik stood tall.  The attackers had disappeared. 

The Joker sensed that this man was unstoppable.  He would have to do it himself, and he would have to use something big. 

So the Joker lured Chizik into a building littered with explosives.  He would bring the entire building down in order to stop Chizik.  It was no longer about the competition.  It was about ruining Chizik's victory.  Ruining the joy one gets from success.  Destroying the past by eliminating the future. 

Again, when the bombs blew and the building came down, Chizik stood tall.  This time the Joker had hurt himself. 

Batman never kills.  He worries about protecting its city, ensuring its prosperity, and warding off the enemies. 

I have no reason to believe that Chizik is any different. 

As silly as it may sound, I respect Gene Chizik for resembling a famous comic book hero.  He never tries to destroy the enemy.  He worries about promoting the goodness of Auburn, and he is always successful at warding off the unwarranted attacks against Auburn's football program, Auburn's university, and Auburn's fans. 

Unfortunately, comic books never seem to have an ending. 

In the next issue, we see Gene Chizik handle The Joker without his weapons of old.  He'll need new weapons to use.  New tactics.  New ways to escape the traps set by The Joker. 

That is, until The Joker finds himself locked up in Arkham. 

44 Days
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:32:37 AM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2011, 10:48:15 AM »
 :kimclap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2011, 11:41:02 AM »
43 Days

Today ends SEC Media Days. 

As the day wraps up, we'll start hearing predictions from spiky-haired, pencil twisting journalists who think they've learned inside information from the coaches in their interviews. 

We should join them.

Starting today (mainly next week), the countdown to football will shift from promoting why Auburn is not going to fall into a black hole and focus on previewing and predicting the season.  Please feel free to discuss everything said here as it is all one man's opinion.

Preseason SEC championship predictions and why:

SEC East - South Carolina
SEC West - LSU

SEC Champion - LSU

The overwhelming favorite to win the SEC is Alabama.  They are stacked top to bottom with talented recruits and NFL-caliber veterans. 

But they have two problems. 

1.  Inexperienced quarterback.
2.  Difficult schedule.

The schedule isn't difficult in the sense that they're going to lose 3 or 4 games.  It's difficult because breaking in a new quarterback and relying on defense isn't the best strategy to have.

Alabama will be covered more in depth later on. 

Why LSU? 

They remind me of 2004 Auburn.  An unproven, shaky quarterback finally being introduced to a new offensive coordinator.  Just as much talent from recruiting as anyone in the country.  Experienced talented receivers.  Experienced, dominant o-line.  Strong, powerful running backs.  And a defense to be feared. 

LSU will drop a few games.  I don't pencil them in as a national champion caliber team because every team in the SEC faces a difficult schedule, and I truly believe most teams will have at least two losses.

But it's LSU's start that gives me confidence in them. 

They are better than Oregon in Dallas, @Miss State, and @West Virginia. 

They will not only be 4-0; they will be 4-0 and carrying the hype to be the #1 in the country after an impressive start.

From there, while possibly exhausted, they get Kentucky and Florida at home.  Kentucky poses no threat at Tiger Stadium, and Muschamp's maturing Florida team most likely isn't ready for their second biggest rivalry game of the season which is played in Baton Rouge this year. 

This gives LSU plenty of room to handle the remaining tough games (@Tennessee, Auburn, @Alabama, Arkansas).

It's not a big stretch to say LSU finishes with two losses.  If they can beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa, that will give them the boost to get to Atlanta.

South Carolina is well documented as returning the most important starters on their team.

Their schedule is very manageable.  If they can beat Georgia the second week of the season (which I believe they will), they will have a good chance at emerging from the East with two SEC losses.  They don't have Alabama or LSU on their schedule.  They get Auburn at home. 

They do have a tough four game stretch (@Miss State, @Tennessee, @Arkansas, Florida), but they get a bye week between Miss State and Tennessee. 

If they can get out of that stretch only losing twice, they're still in great contention to win the East.

A more in depth preview of other teams will come soon.  However, keep in mind that Florida has a new head coach with a struggling quarterback and a very difficult schedule especially for their inexperience.  Georgia has had a tumultuous offseason, and their first two games of the year have a good chance at ruining their motivation for the season.  Tennessee is still struggling with their depleted roster and Dooley is still very young.  Not to mention, while Tennessee does get many games at home, are they ready to win against @Florida, Georgia, LSU, @Alabama, South Carolina, and @Arkansas?  And are they prepared to only lose two or three of those SEC games? 

LSU vs. South Carolina is my preseason prediction based on returning talent, coaching, and schedules. 

What's yours?

43 Days.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:42:33 AM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2011, 07:10:32 PM »
42 Days

LSU and South Carolina sit at the top of my preseason predictions. 

How does the rest of the SEC turn out?

SEC East

1. South Carolina
2. Florida
3. Georgia
4. Tennessee
5. Kentucky
6 Vanderbilt

SEC West

1. LSU
2. Alabama
3. Auburn
4. Arkansas
5. Miss State
6. Ole Miss

What do I base all of this on?  Well lots of thoughts that amount to nothing.  Just a poor man's opinion.   

42 Days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions