Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Saban Processing More Players?

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Saban Processing More Players?
« on: June 21, 2011, 05:33:06 PM »
Lots of rumors all day that Saban "processed" two more players today.

Saban's out of town right now, so it can't be confirmed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Re: Saban Processing More Players?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 06:31:28 PM »
There is a great "wanted" style poster on Scout that shows all the processed players over the last few years.  Someone needs to send it to every major national talk show host and sports channel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 07:46:01 PM »
Darrington Sentimore (Mom received a new kitchen for his signature) and Robbie Green.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 10:10:11 AM »
Lots of rumors all day that Saban "processed" two more players today.

Saban's out of town right now, so it can't be confirmed.
Robbie Green has been in the doghouse since he failed an NCAA drug test last year and had to sit out the entire season. Sucks if he is leaving. I had hoped he would be a little bit more help in the secondary this season.

I don't think Sentimore is going to be academically eligible, plus other issues. The corndogs were jumping up and down after we signed him telling us the kid was going to be a problem down the road. We all assumed they were just butthurt. Now we know why LSU didn't jump in on his recruitment until late. I still think he is a hell of a player, though.

Supposedly, according to some on teh intrawebs, the players peer group is deciding their fate today. How accurate that is, I have no idea.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 10:11:18 AM »
Darrington Sentimore (Mom received a new kitchen for his signature)
Imagine that. I bet you heard that from very reliable posters on some other message boards, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 11:37:02 AM »
Imagine that. I bet you heard that from very reliable posters on some other message boards, right?

Damn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 01:40:31 AM »
Nope, I heard about it when it fucking happened.  LSU buddy told me about it over the phone.  Also, LSU was recruiting him the while time, but they knew grades where a huge issue as was Eddie Lacy's...he told me, here recently, that he's still curious as to how they got in.  He didn't know about Hoovergate, until I told him.  Sentimore's mom got a new kitchen outta his signature, that's been known ever sense he signed, and I remember you being one of the ones jumping to his defense then.  Maybe I should do like the rest of your retarded fanbase and go run and tell SbDA to write up an article about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 01:36:15 PM »
Maybe I should do like the rest of your retarded fanbase and go run and tell SbDA to write up an article about it.
Maybe you should.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 03:08:37 PM »
WR Michael Bowman is next, then LB Tana Patrick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 03:20:09 PM »

Nope:

Report: DL Sentimore to be sixth Tide transfer
Posted by Jerry Hinnen

Another Alabama Crimson Tide player is reportedly looking for a way out of Tuscaloosa.

According to the Tuscaloosa News, defensive lineman Darrington Sentimore is "exploring transfer options" for reasons that currently "remain unclear" but could be related to a disciplinary issue. Though his ultimate destination still seems far from being made official, Sentimore is believed to be considering Miami, according to the News source.

Sentimore's decision comes as something of a surprise given the expectations for his 2011 season.

A redshirt sophomore out of Norco, La., Sentimore earned playing time in 11 games in 2010 for the Tide's stacked-as-usual defensive line, recording nine tackles and four quarterback hurries. He then enjoyed a productive spring, earning praise from Nick Saban and posting a QB hurry and half-tackle-for-loss in the Tide spring game.

Though not apparently first-in-line to start this fall, Sentimore was expected to be an important part of the Tide's three-man defensive line rotation, with an eye toward challenging for that starting role in 2012.

Assuming the report is accurate, though, that challenge will have to come on some other team's roster.

Sentimore is now the sixth player to leave the Tide program since the end of the 2010 season, following in the footsteps of Brandon Moore, Corey Grant, Demetrius Goode, B.J. Scott and Petey Smith.

Though it's debatable exactly how much impact Saban's habit of oversigning has on the flood of departures -- and Saban himself will be happy to debate you. Until his program stops its pattern of signing several players past the 85-scholarship limit and then spending a long summer suffering transfers, dismissals and medical scholarships, the topic likely isn't going away, new SEC legislation or not.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 09:13:59 AM »
For about the past week, it has popped up on some Alabam boards that Malone is the one on the way out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 09:35:58 AM »
I have to say this is not good for bama in recruiting at all. Other schools will use the shit out of this when going head to head with them on recruiting battles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 09:42:43 AM »
I have to say this is not good for bama in recruiting at all. Other schools will use the shit out of this when going head to head with them on recruiting battles.

Meh, I see it as a wash.  Other schools will use it but spuat will say look at the depth chart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 09:55:57 AM »
Meh, I see it as a wash.  Other schools will use it but spuat will say look at the depth chart.

I'm sure that will be their defense but these kids that are transferring out will more than likely be headed to other teams. You don't think that these schools will use those kids as a talking point? I mean, that would seem to be a recruiting tool in of itself. "Hey kid, you don't want to go to bama, look at how many of these young kids transfer out of there". "Here talk to this young man, he knows." I got to say this will cost bama some recruits more than it normally would.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 09:58:52 AM »
I'm sure that will be their defense but these kids that are transferring out will more than likely be headed to other teams. You don't think that these schools will use those kids as a talking point? I mean, that would seem to be a recruiting tool in of itself. "Hey kid, you don't want to go to bama, look at how many of these young kids transfer out of there". "Here talk to this young man, he knows." I got to say this will cost bama some recruits more than it normally would.

Well sure if any of them are going to schools that would go head to head with the cousin grinders for recruits but I bet most of these kids will not be on teams that do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 10:35:24 AM »
Well sure if any of them are going to schools that would go head to head with the cousin grinders for recruits but I bet most of these kids will not be on teams that do.

True that. The teams that have had these kids transfer to their school can make more use of it. I would imagine that all of the SEC schools will put it to work but right now only Auburn has any of the kids that transfered out of bama, I think. I may be jumping the gun a little bit there too because I haven't read anything official about Grant being on the Auburn team yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 03:58:30 PM »
I thought Luther Davis' mom got a new kitchen?  These facts are starting to run together.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 04:00:21 PM »
I thought Luther Davis' mom got a new kitchen?  These facts are starting to run together.

I thought Luther was in 48 Hours?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 04:15:02 PM »
I thought Luther was in 48 Hours?

Roooooxxanne
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 04:36:47 PM »
You're right, it was Davis' mom that got the new kitchen.  Sentimore was the one that magically got in, along with Lacy.  Is Davis still with the team?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions