Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

*Word on da skreets...Shane "from Centerpoint"*

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: *Word on da skreets...Shane "from Centerpoint"*
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2011, 11:29:24 PM »
Bump for all of our retarded, inbred, trailer trash bammer guests.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2011, 01:26:17 AM »
Bump for all of our retarded, inbred, trailer trash bammer guests.

<3 <3 <3 <3
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Interwebz

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2011, 04:01:06 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2011, 04:43:24 PM »
Interwebz gets to skip the fisting.  He just earned his place.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2011, 09:20:05 PM »
Interwebz gets to skip the fisting.  He just earned his place.   
Jumbo isn't going to like that idea.  But, I'd say let interwebz be....he vaulted himself passed a few current members.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2011, 05:43:42 PM »
Shane is apparently well enough to speak again.

And all that oozes out of his mouth (besides cancerous puss-coughs) is vitriolic, hate-filled shit-talking.

The tiny tiny piece of me that felt bad about this thread no longer does. Fuck him. Cancer can't eat his evil black lung fast enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2011, 08:59:08 PM »
Shane is apparently well enough to speak again.

And all that oozes out of his mouth (besides cancerous puss-coughs) is vitriolic, hate-filled shit-talking.

The tiny tiny piece of me that felt bad about this thread no longer does. Fuck him. Cancer can't eat his evil black lung fast enough.
I swear upon all I hold holy that when they throw this worthless piece of shit in the ground, I am going to drop a deuce on his grave. Somewhere, somehow, I will find out where they plant this fuck stick and I'll make his final resting place my personal toilet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2011, 09:41:26 PM »
Smoke 'em if you got 'em, Shane.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

JR4AU

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2011, 10:31:52 PM »
I swear upon all I hold holy that when they throw this worthless piece of shit in the ground, I am going to drop a deuce on his grave. Somewhere, somehow, I will find out where they plant this fuck stick and I'll make his final resting place my personal toilet.

I didn't chortle, I laughed so hard I coughed up a lung! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2011, 11:43:09 PM »
Yup, I was thinking that maybe....just maybe, his situation would allow him to realize that there's more to life than Auburn-bama rivalry.  But, no...The last National Champion that he'll see hold up that BEAUTIFUL Crystal Ball will be Coach Gene Chizik, Jay Jacobs, Cameron Newton & Chette Williams.  Fuck you shane....make sure you tell finebaum what I said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2011, 08:26:42 PM »
RT @ClayTravisBGID: Same here. Hated me but great caller. “@ChrisVernonShow: So sad to hear of passing of Shane from Center Point.  Famous caller on @Finebaum.

Sad day for his family.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2011, 09:23:47 PM »
 :rolleyes:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2011, 09:37:45 PM »
Sad day for his family.
Cancer has a family?...who knew.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2011, 10:01:45 PM »
So the last National Champ he got to see was Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2011, 10:43:15 PM »
That sucks...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2011, 01:14:14 AM »
I got nothing to say because I don't really want to go to hell all that much. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2011, 07:20:54 AM »
I got nothing to say because I don't really want to go to hell all that much.

Me either.  I spent enough time listening to him on this ethereal plane.  I certainly do not want to be subjugated to him on the next.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2011, 08:26:45 AM »
Finebaum tweeted this from the Crapstain Report, in which Shane was affiliated.

http://capstonereport.com/2011/12/02/shane-from-centerpoint-leaves-us/14996/

“Shane From Centerpoint” leaves us

L ast night, around 7:30pm, Shane Corn lost his battle with lung cancer.

Better known as “Shane from Centerpoint,” and a regular caller to the Paul Finebaum Show, Shane personified what so many Auburn fans hated about Alabama.

And he wouldn’t have had it any other way.

For years Shane was a daily caller to the show, one of the most successful in sports talkshow history. Paul Finebaum’s show is about the callers, and Shane was a cornerstone to the foundation that made Paul’s show so successful.

In a sense, Shane was a trailblazer, clearing the path for the nutjobs who would later call in and make a name for themselves. Names like:

• Phyllis from Mulga
• B.O.B.
• Jim from Tuscaloosa
• Charles from Reeltown
• I-man
• Tammy

…and the list goes on and on.

Not familiar with the show? Well think back to the glory days of 1980′s professional wrestling, when the Macho Man Randy Savage was facing off against Jake the Snake Roberts, following Andre the Giant’s match with Hacksaw Jim Duggan. The WWF didn’t produce characters as unique as the ones that appear on Paul Finebaum’s show.

And of that bunch, Shane from Centerpoint was Hulk Hogan.

Shane was a sports blogger before blogging existed. He was persistant in his passion for Crimson Tide football as well as his belief that anything orange was evil. So persistant was he that he proved his point last summer, when a rival Auburn caller made an ass of himself on the open airwaves, relishing in Shane’s recent grim diagnosis. The caller’s subsequent scorn, ridicule and eventual ban from the show could not have been a more perfect illustration of Shane’s point. And the caller in question is now a bigger joke than he ever painted Shane out to be.  :taunt:

Shane had a dream of being a sports journalist, and had several opportunities to write columns for various small market news outlets around the state. His “Shane Sez” article appeared on the Finebaum website for a time, then took its place in other periodicals.

Most notably, Shane’s articles once appeared on this site. He wouldn’t miss an opportunity to plug capstonereport.com while talking to Paul (with millions listening) on a given afternoon. Say what you may about the man, but his influence was so great that to this day, years after his last article appeared here, readers still associate this site with him, often mistaking my work for his.

Shane wasn’t afraid to take anybody on. When Paul opened the phone lines for callers to talk to his biggest guests, it was like dropping chum into shark infested waters. Eventually you knew Shane’s call was coming, and mercy wasn’t coming with him. I swear on the air he once made Tim Brando cry.

My only encounters with Shane came when we appeared on a live webcast with this site’s owner leading up to the 2009 BCS National Championship Game, and also at the 2010 SEC Media Days.

But when listening to Paul’s show, Shane’s calls led you give the volume a little boost. Whatever he had to say, it was going to be worth hearing.

As with any zealot, it was easy to be critical of Shane. I have to admit not agreeing with everything he said myself.

But either Shane bought in to what we all think he thought he was, or he really was what he thought he was. The guy didn’t care what you or I thought, but went about his business with a rare blend of sarcastic humility that somehow left him standing once the dust settled.

Ironically, at this moment he probably knows the truth about Cam Newton, and Chet Williams’ non-profit pay-for-play schemes, and Roy Kramer’s union with Phillip Fulmer to sink Alabama…and any of a number of other conspiracies Shane was so good at orating. And while I don’t believe this is spiritually possible, if there is a way, you can bet any info ascertained will find its way to the right destination for maximum impact. And you can also bank on any LSU lockeroom secrets on January 9th somehow finding their way into Alabama coach Nick Saban’s hands.  :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

More probable, if you could see Shane today, you’d just find a guy in the midst of the peace he so needed after battling cancer. And even more than “the truth on Cam”, Shane now realizes what we will all realize one day: college football is just a game, a blip on the radar of eternity.

But in the here and now, he is gone. Our prayers are with his family, and our hearts are a little heavier today knowing that “Shane From Centerpoint” will never grace our airwaves again.
Damn, there was the last Danny Sheridan nugget of hope for Bammers.

Apparently Shane Corn from centerpoint was the only person on Earth, including the parties involved, that knew the "truth" about Cam. That secret died with him. What a shame. He was just about to blow the roof off on that whole thing...  :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

You'd think in the waning moments of his life, he'd actually do what this article says and realize it's just a game. Make ammends. Admit his obsession with bringing Auburn down, and admit it was petty. Instead, he died an asshole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2011, 09:43:51 AM »
Apparently Shane Corn from centerpoint was the only person on Earth, including the parties involved, that knew the "truth" about Cam. That secret died with him. What a shame. He was just about to blow the roof off on that whole thing...  :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I think the article was saying that now that he's dead, he has answers to all of life's questions.  Not that he knew them and took them to his grave.

I try not to judge others, but methinks Shane is dealing with more pressing problems right now.  I'll leave it at that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2011, 09:52:21 AM »
Let's be sure to document whether or not Toomer's gets rolled.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."