Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Eric Smith

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Eric Smith
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2011, 09:02:41 AM »
Like he said, go back and watch it again. It was in no way dirty. The duck was the dirty one.

By the way...Chizik agrees with me...

At:20

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2011, 01:44:12 PM »
Anyone that has has EVER played football knows that the coach is ALWAYS pissed at the player that got a penalty, no matter what the reason.

I guess we all missed that big assed yellow cleat in Smith's crotch. I'm sure it was a passive mistake on the Oregon players part. We really do not see enough of the play to get a true picture. We only see the retaliation. And retaliation is not "DIRTY". It is emotional. Some of you act like you have never been on the field before.

As an aside. I do not want him back either. I just never though the play was "dirty".
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 01:44:51 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2011, 05:06:05 PM »

Yeah, your idea of kneeing the shit outta someone and mine are apparently different....because I'd consider that a leg bump to his ass...definitely not "a kick to the head" as aubie16 stated, also Eric Smith did put his hands up which means he didn't do anything and that he's innocent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2011, 05:28:33 PM »
Now there's the type of go-getter I want on my team.  Kid's a real up and comer.  A double tough competitor, not afraid to mix it up, get his hands dirty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2011, 09:51:44 PM »
We need a Jerome "Stay outta my yard" Bechard type enforcer.
Bham Bulls, early 90s - that guy was great
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2011, 11:47:59 PM »
Bham Bulls, early 90s - that guy was great
Glad someone remembered, lol. The Bulls had the scariest fucker in the sporting world, that played with reckless abandonment, and people forget about him??? Come On PEOPLE!!!!  I loved watching him fly down the rink and elbow the opponent in the mouth, basically destroying his face.  Now that was a Damn Enforcer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2011, 04:20:44 PM »
So, I heard another rumor today that Smith may be coming back.  Anyone have anything on this? Some may not think it's that big a deal but I tend to believe we need this guy badly.  Our numbers are going to be razor thin at RB and a big, experienced 240 pound body back there would be huge to me.

Rumors?  Gossip? In-your-end-o's?

I just read on another site (AuburnEagle) that Eric Smith was back on the team.

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=35001.0

A source close to the team informed me that the coaches laid out a plan for Eric Smith to follow in order to be back on the team and he has followed it. Eric has changed his ways and is back with the team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2011, 04:47:50 PM »
I just read on another site (AuburnEagle) that Eric Smith was back on the team.

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=35001.0

Rule #1: Stop hitting women.
Rule #2: Stop hitting men in bars.
Rule #3: Don't get caught on camera kneeing opposing players in the ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2011, 05:02:47 PM »
I hate that he's back on team, I think it's a terrible move.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

djsimp

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2011, 05:13:20 PM »

It seems to be a split 50/50 opinion on that. Some like it and some don't. I for one wouldn't have never thought anything of it, him not being on the team that is. I would be willing to bet the coaches haven't made it easy for him at all. I guess if he is able to work his ass off and get his mind right then I'm down with it. I guess I'm just gonna have to trust the coaches know what the hell they're doing.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2011, 05:23:16 PM »

I would agree with you under normal circumstances, but Auburn doesn't need something bad to actually occur to have someone write about it and give us a black eye.  Why not take advantage of the fact that all we get is bad press anyway?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2011, 05:39:49 PM »
If he so much as spits on the sidewalk, I want him gone.  That's how short his leash needs to be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2011, 07:06:19 PM »
If he so much as spits on the sidewalk, I want him gone.  That's how short his leash needs to be.
He'll be picked up by a team just like Darvin. Has an attitude on and off the field. Has good hands and plays special teams as well. We need a legit fullback, I'm just not sure he's worth another chance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2011, 10:20:15 PM »
We don't know the details. Maybe Eric Smith really changed and somehow proved it to Chizik.  Maybe Chizik recognized that our running game greatly improves with him.

I don't know.

But I know this - our running game just greatly improved with him coming back. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2011, 11:24:57 PM »
We don't know the details. Maybe Eric Smith really changed and somehow proved it to Chizik.  Maybe Chizik recognized that our running game greatly improves with him.

I don't know.

But I know this - our running game just greatly improved with him coming back.

I agree with this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2011, 11:30:03 PM »
I heard he agreed to be a Tigerette for free over the summer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

jmar

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2011, 12:41:05 AM »
I heard he agreed to be a Tigerette for free over the summer.
You do know that Smith is a cyber ninja.
Sweet dreams!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2011, 01:33:55 AM »
I would agree with you under normal circumstances, but Auburn doesn't need something bad to actually occur to have someone write about it and give us a black eye.  Why not take advantage of the fact that all we get is bad press anyway?

Bingo. 

Told my wife a long time ago, if you're going to accuse me of cheating and berate me as if I had every time I look in another direction?  I'm going to do what I'm being punished for. 

If he's back, good.  We need some fire.  We need a dude who'll knock somebody's ass out in defense of a teammate. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2011, 03:40:22 AM »
Bingo. 

Told my wife a long time ago, if you're going to accuse me of cheating and berate me as if I had every time I look in another direction?  I'm going to do what I'm being punished for. 

If he's back, good.  We need some fire.  We need a dude who'll knock somebody's ass out in defense of a teammate.
Any guy that is violent toward a female is a piece of shit in my book....fuck him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2011, 09:44:08 AM »
Any guy that is violent toward a female is a piece of shit in my book....fuck him.

Agree Jumbo.....but we have no idea what happened or the context of the incident. I would like to think The Chin knows the deal and I trust him to keep this little peckerhead on a short leash. If we weren't as low on schollys as we are or shallow in the backfield, I would 100% agree with you. But we really need the guy this upcoming season. Lutz needs to be a true TE. We need more than just him in that bruiser/short yardage/wheel route role.

Also, as JR and Kaos said, they are gonna talk shit about us anyway. Might as well get our money's worth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE