Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Mike Bianchi

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Mike Bianchi
« on: June 06, 2011, 01:33:21 PM »
His latest article will certainly stir the pot to say the least.  Bianchi is a jerk of epic proportions and now he turns his venom toward Lord Saybinz. Is he correct...off base...should he shut his cockholster and contract teh goat aids?  Just copied and pasted to teh X's 

Shame on Nick Saban for comparing Jim Tressel to a fallen soldier
There is truly honor among thieves
    Tweet Share238(14)
Mike Bianchi

SPORTS COMMENTARY

6:07 p.m. EDT, June 5, 2011
Last year at about this time, Nick Saban got up on a podium in front of bunch of reporters at a Southeastern Conference gathering and ranted about the evils of unscrupulous sports agents, calling them "pimps" who put football programs in jeopardy by preying upon poor, innocent players.

Now let's fast forward to a few days ago when Saban was at another Southeastern Conference gathering and disgustingly compared ousted Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel to a fallen soldier.

"I guess if you were in the military, you would say we lost a fine comrade," Saban said of Tressel.

Actually, I guess not. Soldiers die for the love of their country; Tressel got canned for the love of a Sugar Bowl bid.

Welcome to the warped world of college football, where Saban's twisted description of Tressel's firing is the latest example of honor among thieves. Of course, why should we expect better from a self-important coach like Saban, who once compared getting defeated in a football game to the catastrophic national tragedies of 9-11 and Pearl Harbor?.

Saban went on to call Tressel "one of the finest people in our profession." Which, in itself, should tell you something about the profession … a profession where hypocritical college coaches have seemingly gone out of their way to paint Tressel as some sort of sympathetic figure.

Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt on Tressel: "I think he's one of the finest men I know."

Where's the outrage? Where's the indignation and defiance we got last summer when coaches were ripping into unscrupulous sports agents who were putting entire athletic programs in jeopardy? What about unscrupulous football coaches who put entire athletic programs in jeopardy? Aren't they just as bad – if not worse?

Just once, wouldn't you like to hear a college coach get on his soapbox and say guys like Jim Tressel and Bruce Pearl are disgraces who have given everybody in the profession a bad name? Wouldn't you like to hear a coach stand up and say college sports need to be purged of men who intentionally bury illicit violations and then it lie about it to their own bosses and NCAA investigators?

I've always found it curious that college coaches who make $4 million a year somehow portray unscrupulous sports agents as scum-of-the-earth bloodsuckers who exploit players. Shouldn't these college coaches look in the mirror every once in a while and point the finger at themselves? They will get up on their high horse and speak out against the shady agent or the renegade booster, but they remain strangely silent when one of their own gets caught breaking the rules.

Where is ESPN commentator Urban Meyer's outrage about Tressel? Last year when he coached the Gators, he referred to shady sports agents as "predators" and "piranhas preying on our kids." He verbally abused a sports writer as being a "bad guy" for accurately quoting one of his players. Since becoming an ESPN analyst, he has been preaching that college football and basketball need to clean up the "garbage" that now litters the sport.

But when Meyer was asked about Tressel the other day during an ESPN segment, he deftly tap-danced around making a judgment on one of the biggest liars and cheaters in recent college history.

I keep hearing coaches rationalize Tressel's behavior as "making a mistake" instead of accurately calling him out for telling a series of lies and perpetrating an elaborate cover-up to keep his players eligible.

Among coaches, Tressel's departure seems more like the death of a friend than a deceitful coach getting canned.

You wonder if Nick Saban and the rest of the college coaching fraternity are flying their BCS championship banners at half-mast in honor of their "fine comrade" who lied and cheated his school into the abyss of NCAA hell.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Mike Bianchi
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 01:40:15 PM »
He's correct.

And he needs the goat aids.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 01:42:14 PM »
Yeah, of all the "Saban used a dramatic metaphor, and now I'm offended" pieces (of which there is at least one every single offseason), this is the weakest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 01:44:02 PM »
Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt on Tressel: "I think he's one of the finest men I know."

Imagine that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 01:48:39 PM »
When the whole Tressel tattoo deal came out, had he just bit the bullet and suspended the guys and took his chances, something tells me we'd never have heard anything else.  Pryor would be gone and things would rock on as always.  But EVERYTHING about that situation was handled wrong and they brought all the attention on themselves. 

One caller to PF last week was apparently someone who had worked in several athletic depts and currently is at Louisville.  His take was that this thing went/goes way deeper than Tressel and has from the start.  He didn't think there was any way the decision to play the guys in the Sugar Bowl was Tressel's. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 02:54:27 PM »
They were just trying to let Tressel hang around long enough to see Auburn get their punishment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 05:07:29 PM »
"I guess if you were in the military, you would say we lost a fine comrade," Saban said of Tressel.

Is that it?  Am I missing something? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 05:36:17 PM »
Is that it?  Am I missing something?

No, I think that was it.

I also can't recall ever calling a friend in the military "comrade."  But I'm not Russian, so who knows. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 05:53:17 PM »
No, I think that was it.

I also can't recall ever calling a friend in the military "comrade."  But I'm not Russian, so who knows.
There's a better angle than the one the author went with.

Saban's comments = Saban is a communist.

Where's McCarthy when you need him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 07:18:27 AM »
No, I think that was it.

How dare you you talk about lord Sabinz when he has done so much for mother Tuscaloosa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."