Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Basketball team picks up a couple of JUCO commitments

Ogre

Basketball team picks up a couple of JUCO commitments
« on: October 04, 2007, 12:55:30 PM »
Auburn's basketball program landed two verbal commitments Wednesday when Niceville (Fla.) Okaloosa-Walton junior college teammates Tay Waller and Johnny Lett announced they would sign with the Tigers.

The 6-foot-2, 180-pound Waller, a high-scoring shooting guard, was a teammate of AU junior forward Korvotney Barber at Manchester (Ga.) High. Waller was named All-Conference as a freshman averaging 18.3 points per game and nailing 39.5% percent (117-of-296) from the three-point line.

"Auburn is a good fit for my position and the way I play because the person at my position is leaving and the coach (Jeff Lebo) said I could come in and pick up where he left off," said Waller.

Waller, who also received interest from UAB, Missouri and Kansas, shot 92 percent from the free throw line.

The 6-foot-9, 240-pound Lett originally signed with Virginia out of Mobile (Ala.) B.C. Rain. The power forward averaged 2.9 ppg and 4.2 rebounds as a freshman.

Lett chose Auburn over Georgia State, Penn State and New Mexico.

"I know when I go there they'll be running out of big men so I have the potential to play ball right away and get valuable minutes," said Lett.

Both Waller and Lett officially visited Auburn the weekend of the New Mexico State football game.

Waller and Lett's commitments give the Tigers three for the class of 2008. AU previously picked up a commitment from Uniontown (Ala.) R. C. Hatch point guard Frankie Sullivan. All three plan to sign with Auburn in the early period, which begins Nov. 14.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Basketball team picks up a couple of JUCO commitments
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 12:58:09 PM »
92% from the charity stripe?  When is the last time we had anyone who could hit anywhere close to that percentage?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Ogre

Re: Basketball team picks up a couple of JUCO commitments
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 12:59:59 PM »
Scotty Pulman comes to mind, and that was 5 years ago. 

40% behind the arc ain't bad, either.  I think we'll have a shot of posting a winning record this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions