Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It's baaaaaack

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
Re: It's baaaaaack
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2024, 02:07:00 PM »
I love Buccees brisket sandwich.

You know the brisket cut is the groin’ right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2024, 02:11:22 PM »
You know the brisket cut is the groin’ right?
His wife says that's the best part of a bull
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2024, 02:44:00 PM »
This format has gotten dumber and dumber over the years. 

It needs to be single elimination for the smaller schools and then a best of three series then a best of five.  All at neutral sites.  This one and you’re done bullshit is crazy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2024, 02:46:57 PM »
This format has gotten dumber and dumber over the years. 

It needs to be single elimination for the smaller schools and then a best of three series then a best of five.  All at neutral sites.  This one and you’re done bullshit is crazy.

And fuck the rest of the SEC.  I am done with those assholes.  Fuck them all.  And no fucking for CCTAU.  Let that asshole be celibate for the rest of his days. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2024, 03:05:11 PM »
And fuck the rest of the SEC.  I am done with those assholes.  Fuck them all.  And no fucking for CCTAU.  Let that asshole be celibate for the rest of his days.

I'm married..so...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2024, 03:48:54 PM »
Fuck Buccee's and fuck celibacy. Both overated.
Fuck a one and done tournament. Give us a playoff format that will put us
to sleep.
Let's burn this bitch down.
Who's with me?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2024, 03:54:58 PM »
Fuck Buccee's and fuck celibacy. Both overated.
Fuck a one and done tournament. Give us a playoff format that will put us
to sleep.
Let's burn this bitch down.
Who's with me?

You’re the Jesus to my John.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
jmar,

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2024, 03:49:55 AM »
Well, that sucked

Dammit Anyway

:facepalm: :aubie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

jmar

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2024, 07:01:13 AM »
Well, that sucked

Dammit Anyway

:facepalm: :aubie:
Yeah I hate it as an Auburn fan.
We turned the ball over each time we got on a little run to go up by five or seven through much of the game. And almost predictably within the last six minutes we start missing free throws.

This Auburn team had virtually no experience playing in close games. 

Yale was saavy enough to stay just within striking distance and send Auburn packing. That was their plan and they worked it to perfection.
Congrats!

As a fan of the game I'm disappointed because Auburn was one of a handful of teams that actually play a style of ball that could match up with UConn.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
eagleair89,
No reactions

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2024, 10:17:13 AM »
Might be an unpopular opinion, but I blame this loss mostly on CBM. Changed the whole dynamic of the game with his foolishness. That and we have a bunch of guys that can’t make the free points when it matters most. Free throw shooting is essential for championship caliber teams. Disappointed that we didn’t play to our potential in this year’s tournament. Still, thankful for the SEC Championship & for what Bruce has done for this program. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2024, 04:21:48 PM »
Might be an unpopular opinion, but I blame this loss mostly on CBM. Changed the whole dynamic of the game with his foolishness. That and we have a bunch of guys that can’t make the free points when it matters most. Free throw shooting is essential for championship caliber teams. Disappointed that we didn’t play to our potential in this year’s tournament. Still, thankful for the SEC Championship & for what Bruce has done for this program. 
Yeah it's unpopular but it has merit. We still had enough to get it done and failed. It's a contact sport.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2024, 10:25:30 AM »
Might be an unpopular opinion, but I blame this loss mostly on CBM. Changed the whole dynamic of the game with his foolishness.

It was a dumb move, but without prior warning (to CBM or Pearl) that shit like that wasn't going to be tolerated it was an EXTREME overreaction on the part of the officials.  An Arizona defender nearly beheaded a kid with a forearm shiver: Flagrant 1, play on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,Buzz Killington,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2024, 10:27:49 AM »
It was a dumb move, but without prior warning (to CBM or Pearl) that shit like that wasn't going to be tolerated it was an EXTREME overreaction on the part of the officials.  An Arizona defender nearly beheaded a kid with a forearm shiver: Flagrant 1, play on.

I certainly didn’t consider the added depth the zebras brought to the Bulldog bench prior to the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2024, 12:15:25 PM »
We weren't the championship caliber team I thought we were. We could beat them double digits 7 out of 10 tries only we played right into their hands as was discussed pregame.

It's a great letdown.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2024, 01:29:02 PM »
Adding insult to injury, I have that stupid "What a pro wants..." commercial playing on a loop in my stupid brain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2024, 01:49:54 PM »
Adding insult to injury, I have that stupid "What a pro wants..." commercial playing on a loop in my stupid brain.

Prayers sent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2024, 05:29:46 PM »

Officiating.  Plain and simple.

On the trip down the court before, the trust fund baby threw a fist into Baker's face/throat.  Official looking directly at it.  No call.  On the "flagrant 2", the trust fund baby tried to run through Baker from behind.  There was jostling. No more egregious than what you'd see on any possession in the SEC on any given night. Just a normal Wednesday "get off me bitch" play. 

Auburn's strength all season was its ability to shut down offenses with aggressive defensive play. It was never scoring, guard play, Broome dominating, or any of that. Auburn won because it shut down the opposition. Period. That's who we were.

How many teams scored 78 or more on Auburn all season?  EIGHT.  Just eight.  Auburn lost four of those games. The other four were runaways and the scoring came after the outcome was decided.

When it became obvious that looking sideways at the trust fund babies was going to result in whistles?  It changed everything.

Auburn was the same team on the offensive side of the ball it was all season long. Unfortunately it had to play defense with both hands tied behind its back. 

That's not an excuse. They still should have beaten Yale. But the confused, tentative team I saw on defense bore little resemblance to the aggressive dominating team we've seen all season. 

Those are the facts.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 05:33:54 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2024, 07:46:51 PM »
Officiating.  Plain and simple.

On the trip down the court before, the trust fund baby threw a fist into Baker's face/throat.  Official looking directly at it.  No call.  On the "flagrant 2", the trust fund baby tried to run through Baker from behind.  There was jostling. No more egregious than what you'd see on any possession in the SEC on any given night. Just a normal Wednesday "get off me bitch" play. 

Auburn's strength all season was its ability to shut down offenses with aggressive defensive play. It was never scoring, guard play, Broome dominating, or any of that. Auburn won because it shut down the opposition. Period. That's who we were.

How many teams scored 78 or more on Auburn all season?  EIGHT.  Just eight.  Auburn lost four of those games. The other four were runaways and the scoring came after the outcome was decided.

When it became obvious that looking sideways at the trust fund babies was going to result in whistles?  It changed everything.

Auburn was the same team on the offensive side of the ball it was all season long. Unfortunately it had to play defense with both hands tied behind its back. 

That's not an excuse. They still should have beaten Yale. But the confused, tentative team I saw on defense bore little resemblance to the aggressive dominating team we've seen all season. 

Those are the facts.
We’d get better officiating if we were more diverse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Token

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2024, 09:15:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/VernFunquistCFB/status/1772374225820561655

At one point late in the game, Grand Canyon had 36 free throws to Bama's 11.   I'm not saying Bama didn't foul, it was a sloppy defensive game the entire time and both teams were very physical.  But as physical as both teams were playing, there should have never been a 25 free throw difference in the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions