Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dillon Mitchell

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Dillon Mitchell
« on: May 14, 2024, 09:48:22 AM »
Texas transfer, former 5*, 6'8" 205 F.

Visiting Tuesday.  Scouting report out of HS:

At 6-7 has a long and thin build. Does need to build strength but has electric athleticism. Bouncy and runs like a gazelle. One of the top athletes in the 2022 class. A lefty with a sidewinder shot. His long distance shot is his main weakness, but it is improving and solid in the midrange. Excels at attacking the rim and finishing with authority. Is a high level rebounder who can initiate the break. Handles the ball well and sees the court and has a feel for passing. Can also run the lanes at an elite level. Defense is perhaps his best attribute. Can be a shut down defender. Versatile as well. Tough to find a player he can't guard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Re: Dillon Mitchell
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 10:22:48 AM »

At 6-7 has a long and thin build. Does need to build strength but has electric athleticism. Bouncy and runs like a gazelle. One of the top athletes in the 2022 class. A lefty with a sidewinder shot. His long distance shot is his main weakness, but it is improving and solid in the midrange. Excels at attacking the rim and finishing with authority. Is a high level rebounder who can initiate the break. Handles the ball well and sees the court and has a feel for passing. Can also run the lanes at an elite level. Defense is perhaps his best attribute. Can be a shut down defender. Versatile as well. Tough to find a player he can't guard.

It moved a little.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 10:40:50 AM »

Have you ever sen a giraffe run?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2024, 11:56:15 AM »
I thought TJ Finley was through with football?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2024, 02:33:02 PM »
So is a sidewinder shot akin to a whirlybird?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2024, 04:04:37 PM »
If you are inferring that he runs like a giraffe then you need to reread the article. It clearly states that he runs like a gazelle.

I wonder if this means that he will just take a shit anywhere he is at the moment he feels the need. Like, at the free throw line or throwing the ball in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2024, 04:16:02 PM »
This is an indicator that we are moving on from Achor Achor, or at least are preparing to. He has the same issue as the Coastal Carolina QB did last offseason in that his major doesn't seem to xfer anywhere, so he may be heading back to Samford.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2024, 04:21:08 PM »
Quick imaginary roster shall the Tigers land this kid and or Dior Johnson:

Guards: Jones, D. Johnson, Pegues, Pettiford
Wing: CBM, Howard
Fwd: C. Johnson, Mitchell
Bigs: Broome, Cardwell

Wildcard: Moore

Puts us at 11, with a 12th open to give to a walk on if they are deserving to Lord Bruce. (Ala Berman)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 04:25:44 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2024, 08:18:40 AM »
I only know we need more production from the SF spot that Williams played so well during his career at Auburn.

And with Broome now moving to that position we need to fill the PF spot with that loss of production and floor minutes.

Same goes for point guard.
Had my sights set on Ivy-Curry given he would have been an excellent 6th man type at point guard to spell and share minutes with Pegues only he wanted to be the main guy wherever he landed and who could blame him?

Not done yet but the quality numbers remaining in the portal are dwindling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions