Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New Idea On Gas Prices

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
New Idea On Gas Prices
« on: May 31, 2011, 05:59:56 PM »
I just got an email that had a picture of a gas station in 1955.  It had a sign that read

Gas 5 1/2c
Fed tax 1c
state tax 5c
city tax 1c
R.R. 2 3/4c
Agent 1 1/4c
Me 4c
Total 20 1/2c

With all the libs wanting stuff like restaurants posting calorie counts, I think all the gas stations ought to start posting exactly how much tax is attached to each gallon of gas. 

You reckon some people's eyes may open to the major problems?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
Re: New Idea On Gas Prices
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 10:22:54 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 10:45:51 AM »
That would be the one.  It would be great for all stations to post these again.  Everyone would realize that, other than the actual gas, the government gets far more of the money from a gallon of gas than any other entity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 10:47:44 AM »
That guy is clearing a 73% profit!  Price Gouger!

I like the 91% state tax too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 11:08:11 AM »
That guy is clearing a 73% profit!  Price Gouger!

I like the 91% state tax too.

Actually family friends with gentleman who owns all the pace car/racetrac's around Montgomery.  According to him he makes .01/gallon.  Says having petroleum onsite is a necessary evil in order to get people to come inside and buy a coke which is where they make their money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 12:34:19 PM »
Actually family friends with gentleman who owns all the pace car/racetrac's around Montgomery.  According to him he makes .01/gallon.  Says having petroleum onsite is a necessary evil in order to get people to come inside and buy a coke which is where they make their money.
Unless you have the distribution rights...then you make a fuck ton.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 11:17:32 AM »
I don't think it would change anything. 

I think radio hosts would bitch.  People would listen during their lunchbreak.  Fox News would have experts on to discuss it.  CNN would try to skew it so it doesn't sound so bad.  Environmentalists would scream that it should be taxed even more to save the planet.  Investors and business men would say it's not as big a profit as you think and that it's a necessary business model to ensure long term success.  Politicians would promise to fix it and blame the current administration for causing it.  Voters would flock to best looking politician and vote for him. 

I think it would be exactly the same. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 11:45:56 AM »
I don't think it would change anything. 

I think radio hosts would bitch.  People would listen during their lunchbreak.  Fox News would have experts on to discuss it.  CNN would try to skew it so it doesn't sound so bad.  Environmentalists would scream that it should be taxed even more to save the planet.  Investors and business men would say it's not as big a profit as you think and that it's a necessary business model to ensure long term success.  Politicians would promise to fix it and blame the current administration for causing it.  Voters would flock to best looking politician and vote for him. 

I think it would be exactly the same.

Sadly, I agree wholeheartedly with this post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan