Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The new and improved Droid app thread

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
The new and improved Droid app thread
« on: May 25, 2011, 12:24:20 PM »
Hit me with your latest and greatest.

I'm a late adapter, so some of this is probably old news to you young bucks.

Applanet - free apps!

TV Show Stream - Stream just about any show you can think of.  I'm catching up on the last season of Weeds.

Movie Stream - Same as the tv show thingy.  Only runs through 2009, though.

Mega Viewer - Movie streaming that catches features still in the theater.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: The new and improved Droid app thread
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 01:59:23 PM »
If you travel with a laptop alot and you don't have internet access wherever you are going, Pdanet is an awesome app. Verizon has blocked it from the Android Market as of a few weeks ago, but plenty of people have the app shelved and out there to download. It allows you to tether your laptop to your phone and use the phone's internet access on your laptop. Awesome app. I plan on using it for the laptop to entertain the kids on the way to Disney on Friday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 02:03:14 PM »
If you travel with a laptop alot and you don't have internet access wherever you are going, Pdanet is an awesome app. Verizon has blocked it from the Android Market as of a few weeks ago, but plenty of people have the app shelved and out there to download. It allows you to tether your laptop to your phone and use the phone's internet access on your laptop. Awesome app. I plan on using it for the laptop to entertain the kids on the way to Disney on Friday.

You can do this anyway for a fee every month. I assume you mean this app lets you do it free.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 02:32:35 PM »
You can do this anyway for a fee every month. I assume you mean this app lets you do it free.
Yes. Which is why Verizon so graciously blocked it from the Android Market. Your phone doesn't even have to be rooted or anything to use it, which is great.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 09:47:05 AM »
Yes. Which is why Verizon so graciously blocked it from the Android Market. Your phone doesn't even have to be rooted or anything to use it, which is great.

Are you running it currently? How is it if so?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 12:31:42 PM »
Are you running it currently? How is it if so?
It is still on my phone, and I have the app itself archived on the SD card as well. It works very well. You have to install an exe on your computer, and install the phone part on your phone, obviously. The exe on the computer even has an SMS agent. If you are using Pdanet and people are sending you texts, you can reply back on an instant messenger type interface on your computer. This keeps you from having to keep picking up your phone, etc.

My only complaint is sometimes you have to unplug and plug it back into the USB cable connected to your computer 2-3 times to get the app to sync when you initially start it. But once it syncs up with your laptop, it runs just fine. As long as your phone has signal, you have internet for your computer.

If you're interested, I would be happy to e-mail it to you. It really is a useful app, even if you only ever need it once. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions