Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Future Scheduling

jmar

Future Scheduling
« on: May 18, 2011, 06:46:31 PM »
Yeah we have Clemson, McNeese St. and Kansas St. but...
anybody for a home and away with Notre Dame in 2013 and '14?  Spots are open.
Always wanted Auburn to play them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Future Scheduling
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 10:36:39 PM »
I have no desire to play Notre Dame.

They're Alabama except they have the clergy behind them.  A bunch of old ass traditions that no one cares about anymore. 

I would like to play Michigan or Ohio State though.  Maybe Texas again to get revenge for 1983. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 12:16:36 AM »
I have no desire to play Notre Dame.

They're Alabama except they have the clergy behind them.  A bunch of old ass traditions that no one cares about anymore. 

I would like to play Michigan or Ohio State though.  Maybe Texas again to get revenge for 1983.

Weren't you just a brown stain on the mattress in 1983?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 04:51:55 AM »
I don't mind playing Clemson or Tech or Miami as in the past.
Just want to open up a series that counts for something instead of McNeese or LaMonroe.
Texas would be great.  But Notre Dame is a close second.
And send an open invite to the entire Big Ten but it isn't likely to happen.

I recall three embarrasing games during that 80's period and all sorts or excuses could be made. But things are much different now.
Carpe diem bitches!   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 07:12:20 AM »
Weren't you just a brown stain on the mattress in 1983?

It became a genetic thing, and I have orange and blue running through my veins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 10:16:47 AM »
It became a genetic thing, and I have orange and blue running through my veins.

:bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 10:55:30 AM »
Nothing but win in playing Notre Dame.  A high profile team that sucks.  Same as playing McNeese State except we get some cred for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 10:59:27 AM »
Big East-

There always looking for creditability-spank them-send them home-Later spank them in front on their fans.

TCU really comes to mind. The shit talking around dallas (because they beat a weak ass big 10 team) is becoming too much.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 11:01:39 AM »
Georgia Tech is a great rivalry and used to be a fixture on Auburn's schedule.  Wreck Tech pajama parade was always good times.  Sorority babes in PJ's. 

Had some killer games with FSU in years past and I'd have no problem getting a home and home with Texas again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 11:16:27 AM »
Big East-

There always looking for creditability-spank them-send them home-Later spank them in front on their fans.

TCU really comes to mind. The shit talking around dallas (because they beat a weak ass big 10 team) is becoming too much.   
I would not want to see TCU early....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 12:02:31 PM »

Why? Their schedule?

2011-New mexico-Wyoming-Portland state??/  Biggest game Boise state

2012- Rumor they pick up Okie-and Play Virginia.

They are TCU

I'd rather play them early then after we have played our sec schedule
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 06:38:13 PM »
Why? Their schedule?

2011-New mexico-Wyoming-Portland state??/  Biggest game Boise state

2012- Rumor they pick up Okie-and Play Virginia.

They are TCU

I'd rather play them early then after we have played our sec schedule
Not to fret, Wisconsin and TCU have only one or two more starters returning than Auburn.
Screw the big east. Notre Dame has an enormous following, they travel well and spend money like drunken... anyway more cred as AU_ Tiger_2000 said. Damn you gotta nickname?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 11:16:39 AM »
Not to fret, Wisconsin and TCU have only one or two more starters returning than Auburn.
Screw the big east. Notre Dame has an enormous following, they travel well and spend money like drunken... anyway more cred as AU_ Tiger_2000 said. Damn you gotta nickname?

As a freshmen in HS this senior girl started calling me Bert because she said I looked like Bert Hogan (Hogan Family).  That one lasted for the whole four years of high school.  I also got called Sammy Winder after the Denver Bronco running back because I was told I looked like him with my helmet on.  For the record Winder was a black scatback.  I was a white offensive lineman.  Mushrooms were popular at my school.

But your wife just calls me Stallion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 11:53:39 AM »
I would not want TCU at all...I see no upside to these type of match ups.  We have nothing to prove and everything to lose.  Win and well yeah we should have, lose and you will never hear the end of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 01:43:14 PM »
I would not want TCU at all...I see no upside to these type of match ups.  We have nothing to prove and everything to lose.  Win and well yeah we should have, lose and you will never hear the end of it.
[/quote

I understand that part of it (kind of like playing troy) But all the talk around here is how TCU wants’ to play against the best the SEC has and blah-blah. I just think it’s time for teams like TCU-Boise-Utah to get a chance to play against some real teams-get there ass beat and then go away.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 01:49:55 PM »
[/quote

I understand that part of it (kind of like playing troy) But all the talk around here is how TCU wants’ to play against the best the SEC has and blah-blah. I just think it’s time for teams like TCU-Boise-Utah to get a chance to play against some real teams-get there ass beat and then go away.

Someone needs to see Jumbo for a fisting class on the quote function.

EDIT:  Apparently I should include myself in that class.  Damn you quote function!  Why must you be so difficult?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 01:56:51 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 01:50:49 PM »
Just the way all those teams kicked that upstart independent Florida State in the ass back in the early '80's.  We showed them!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 02:21:40 PM »
Someone needs to see Jumbo for a fisting class on the quote function.

EDIT:  Apparently I should include myself in that class.  Damn you quote function!  Why must you be so difficult?

Don't worry world ends tomorrow anyway. :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 02:24:58 PM »
Don't worry world ends tomorrow anyway. :sad:

Good point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan