funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: End of an era: Lowder takes a powder
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 10:47:52 PM »
I was in school at Auburn when he was at his most antagonistic with "The Plainsman" and the student body in general (and vice versa).  So for me he has always seemed a little slimy. 

Of course there have been a lot of IPA's over the bridge since then and I can't even remember exactly what all the fuss was about.  I do know that he pumped a lot of money into the place and for that he should have every Auburn alumni's gratitude.  But then again, most of the buildings on campus have a "Dedicated by Gov George Wallace" plaque on them also.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: End of an era: Lowder takes a powder
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 11:03:04 PM »
I was in school at Auburn when he was at his most antagonistic with "The Plainsman" and the student body in general (and vice versa).  So for me he has always seemed a little slimy. 

Of course there have been a lot of IPA's over the bridge since then and I can't even remember exactly what all the fuss was about.  I do know that he pumped a lot of money into the place and for that he should have every Auburn alumni's gratitude.  But then again, most of the buildings on campus have a "Dedicated by Gov George Wallace" plaque on them also.

Ummm.... let's back off The Governor.  National treasure.

And let Bobby go in peace, too.  I agree with Scarbinsky.  His biggest fault was that he cared too much and wanted things done the way he thought was right.  I can sympathize. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.