Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cam has obviously been harmed by the scandals...

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Cam has obviously been harmed by the scandals...
« on: May 16, 2011, 12:27:43 PM »
NOT.

Expect to see a lot of Cam Newton shortly
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on May 16, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT

APAny controversy associated with Cam Newton during his college career hasn’t hurt his endorsement potential.

Under Armour already gave him the richest endorsement contract ever for an NFL rookie (more than $1 million-per-year), and CNBC’s Darren Rovell reports Newton is expected to sign a deal soon with GMC to endorse the company’s trucks.

A previous relationship between Under Armour and Auburn helped close the first deal.  A commercial featuring Newton is coming in August, followed by print ads.

“We felt very comfortable with the type of people that Cam and his family are,” Matt Mirchin, Under Armour’s senior vice-president of sports marketing, told Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer.

Compared to the endorsement money made by young star basketball players, young NFL players make relatively little via endorsements. Newton has a chance to break through as a true national star, but he’ll quickly need to start winning games to take the next step.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Cam has obviously been harmed by the scandals...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 12:35:11 PM »
I'd buy a snuggie from Cam
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 12:56:22 PM »
Damn it, now should I keep my Ford truck because Chizik endorses it or should I get a GMC because of Cam? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 01:32:18 PM »
I'd buy a snuggie from Cam

Mallet might let you have his.  I think he has a Brady one now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 01:34:26 PM »
Mallet might let you have his.  I think he has a Brady one now.

Once you make the big show, the perks just pour in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 01:36:31 PM »
So Cam is essentially taking Tiger Woods' place?  Didn't that puss used to have a GMC deal?

Or is he taking over for Bob Seger and Sam Elliot?  Big shoes either way. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 03:32:33 PM »
So Cam is essentially taking Tiger Woods' place?  Didn't that puss used to have a GMC deal?

Or is he taking over for Bob Seger and Sam Elliot?  Big shoes either way.

Buick.  I'm sure that Woods was promoting a product that he uses everyday.

Do you think GMC will come out with a Cam Newton edition GMC 2500 4X4 Denali with the diesel?  Cause I could so see myself rolling up to the tailgate spot with that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 05:08:05 PM »
CNBC’s Darren Rovell reports Newton is expected to sign a deal soon with GMC to endorse the company’s trucks.

I wonder if Cecil tried to sell him to Ford first?  :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 05:11:16 PM »
CNBC’s Darren Rovell reports Newton is expected to sign a deal soon with GMC to endorse the company’s trucks.

Well Cecil listened to the offers from Ford, but he never got around to telling Cam about them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 05:11:59 PM »

Cam doesn't know about it if he did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions