Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Quotable Pike

jmar

The Quotable Pike
« on: May 13, 2011, 11:01:04 PM »

He ain't shy!
Our young QB signee has answers...before the questions are even asked. It might be refreshing for some to hear anything other than the usual coachspeak. But he looks to be paving his way into a booth on Saturdays. I just cannot imagine this dude taking a redshirt season. Looks like Gus has his hands full.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: The Quotable Pike
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 11:20:35 PM »

He ain't shy!
Our young QB signee has answers...before the questions are even asked. It might be refreshing for some to hear anything other than the usual coachspeak. But he looks to be paving his way into a booth on Saturdays. I just cannot imagine this dude taking a redshirt season. Looks like Gus has his hands full.

he does.  i woudln't have it any other way.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 11:32:31 PM »
Hells Yeah!!!  We landed my #1 prospect, all the rest is just gravy.  I'm gonna get to sit back and enjoy the rest of recruiting.  I wasn't able to really enjoy last year's recruits (when they committed to Auburn) until my #1, Kris Frost, stopped fuckin around and decided that Auburn was really where he wanted to be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 12:00:58 PM »
Y'all know Trooper lied to this kid about being offered a job with the Cowboys, which will result in the NCAA, FBI, CIA, ATF, Secret Service, Special Forces, Rangers, Marines, and SEALs,  to descend on Auburn, killing all the men, raping all the women, and selling all the children in to slavery?  They will then cut all the oaks down on Samford lawn and Toomer's cornder, and leave the stumps that they will then carve in the likenesses of all the NC winning bammer coaches, plus one of Harvey Updyke, and one of Shane from Centerpoint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 03:07:17 PM »
Y'all know Trooper lied to this kid about being offered a job with the Cowboys, which will result in the NCAA, FBI, CIA, ATF, Secret Service, Special Forces, Rangers, Marines, and SEALs,  to descend on Auburn, killing all the men, raping all the women, and selling all the children in to slavery?  They will then cut all the oaks down on Samford lawn and Toomer's cornder, and leave the stumps that they will then carve in the likenesses of all the NC winning bammer coaches, plus one of Harvey Updyke, and one of Shane from Centerpoint.
Well...yeah.  But right now, Zeke Pike is a badass.  Thank God that Coach Troop's decision to stay at Auburn was the reason why Zeke decided on Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 10:51:09 AM »
I may have just found my new cougar bait...  damn... he rocked!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 12:14:02 PM »
I may have just found my new cougar bait...  damn... he rocked!
TW,
I see Auburn with the black hat for the years ahead. Young Pike's confidence will not be received well by opposing camps. And I hope he backs it up like he tells it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 02:42:49 PM »
TW,
I see Auburn with the black hat for the years ahead. Young Pike's confidence will not be received well by opposing camps. And I hope he backs it up like he tells it.

I would love Auburn to get a rep as a bad ass uber-confident QB producing team.  First, Cam, now Pike, with Malzahn the wizard behind the curtain.  Works for me. 

Besides, I look good in black.  Fuck 'em. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 03:49:38 PM »
I would love Auburn to get a rep as a bad ass uber-confident QB producing team.  First, Cam, now Pike, with Malzahn the wizard behind the curtain.  Works for me. 

Well alright...and yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 07:23:01 PM »
So...I guess Frazier should just go ahead and accept riding the pine?   :rolleyes:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 08:30:29 PM »
So...I guess Frazier should just go ahead and accept riding the pine?   :rolleyes:

Frazier is pretty talented, AND will have a year's experience on him.  Can't replace experience, even if it's just being on campus, and learning the playbook.  I'm thinking Frazier plays next year, and Pike Red Shirts...but hey, that's a long way in the future. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 09:23:46 PM »
Absofuckinglutely NOT!

I'm just a spectator but:
I just can't see either riding the pine and how many 4 star pluses actually stick it out for the entire ride anyway? Yes, even Dyer.

Frazier is a perfect fit for the NH.

A personality like Pike will be bucking on a sideline. Hope that's a good thing. Redshirt? Okay by me.

The youngun here is all hat till he suits up. And he seems to feel a irrepressible need to speak rather freely, which was why I posted the topic. He said more in three minutes than most other Auburn QB's have actually "said" in their entire PLAYING careers...minus the usual company line.  But I want what everybody here wants (w exceptions) and that is victory, with whomever gives Auburn it's best chance.

TBS, I want Trotter and/or Moseley to claim this team as Cam did, though much depends on how well the front develops and learns to play together.
Coach Grimes will deliver in any case.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 07:24:14 AM »

Or a wizard up in your curtain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 11:01:17 AM »

It's all part of the master plan.  The highly touted athletic QB from Arkansas signs and takes the reigns from the odd looking incumbent white guy.  The team then brings a new freakishly large QB prototype.  The athletic QB swallows his pride, steps up before his team, and tells them he supports the new guy who is just lip quiveringly awesome.  This inspires everyone to pull together as they rally to the national championship while adopting "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" as a theme song.

Look for Auburn to repeat this pattern every other year until it quits working.  I've heard that T-Will already has about 10 Motown hits lined up to inspire the team for years to come.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 11:03:47 AM »
Or a wizard up in your curtain.

Ummmmm Gus is pretty fucking hot. Gaining on The Chin, in fact.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 11:06:32 AM »

Not sure if they need any dry walling done or not?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 11:12:42 AM »

Testify, sister.  We have the hottest senior coaching staff in college football.  Even the Roofer doesn't bring down the average - some women like that older man thing.

It's a win win no matter what you want coordinated. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 11:18:34 AM »
Testify, sister.  We have the hottest senior coaching staff in college football.  Even the Roofer doesn't bring down the average - some women like that older man thing.

It's a win win no matter what you want coordinated.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 11:25:56 AM »

Speaking of which, how did he get skinny?  He used to be mark Mangino huge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 11:28:14 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions