Beat the rush, bang the maudlin drum...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Beat the rush, bang the maudlin drum...
« on: May 13, 2011, 10:36:04 AM »
 :puke:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/05/alabama_football_season_will_b.html

But there will be a feeling that surrounds the stadium, the campus, the city and the area that has not been felt before.

There will be a different atmosphere, a different approach, a different understanding that goes along with the cheers and tradition.

Simply put, no season before will be like the one just ahead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Re: Beat the rush, bang the maudlin drum...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 10:52:02 AM »
Imagine how shitty they'll look when the team losing a game incites fury and pandemonium. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 11:28:05 AM »
Any team that beats them in Tuscaloser will probably be vilified by the press for being cold and heartless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 11:35:33 AM »
Any team that beats them in Tuscaloser will probably be vilified by the press for being cold and heartless.

LSU's baseball coach apologized for winning there last week. 
 :puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 11:37:09 AM »

Brad Nessler: "There's another run by Knile Davis!  I tell you he is just tearing up the Tide D tonight!"

Todd Blackledge: "He is just running like he has a huge tailwind behind him!  Look at the pat of destruction he is leaving behind him!"

Nessler:  :blink:

Blackledge: "Let me tell you about where I ate last night."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 11:51:30 AM »
Brad Nessler: "There's another run by Knile Davis!  I tell you he is just tearing up the Tide D tonight!"

Todd Blackledge: "He is just running like he has a huge tailwind behind him!  Look at the pat of destruction he is leaving behind him!"

Nessler:  :blink:

Blackledge: "Let me tell you about where I ate last night."

Nice.   Can I do Ace and Gary? 

Fat Vern:  Gaaahhh Baaahhh Bleeehhh TUSCALOOSA, ALABAMA, where Gene Stallings and the Crimson Tord take on the OLE MISS REBELS!

Gary:  I think they're calling them Black Bears now.  And Nick Saban. 

Fat Vern:  ghahh, braahreg.  Now Gary, Bear wasn't black, but he did integrate the entire state of Alabama in 1970 when he took down the schoolhouse door, allowing Martin Luther the King to enroll in a drama class at Forrester Auditerriam.  King went on to set several rushing records and was the inspiration for the beloved movie Bubba Gump.

Gary:  Thanks Verne.  We've got to talk about this.  The Cam Newton story was the biggest of the century.  Meteorologists have determined that the magnetism of his personality was largely to blame for the unstable atmospheric conditions that led to the tornadoes that have saddened this community.  Newton's father was aware that his son's star shined that bright, but Cam was kept in the dark. 

Fat Vern:  There's no excuse for that in football.  Yes.  Double mayo and extra salami. 

Gary: CBS Sports has learned that the NCAA will not review the Newton tornado case, but they are leaving the investigation open pending hurricanes or earthquakes. 

Fat Vern:  They're playing some rap music over the PA!  I'm gonna dance. 

Gary:  Mark Ingram's father was in prison.  He made my license plate.

Fat Vern:  Look at that Johnny Musso fella go.  He's bowling through the Blue Bears like a tornado through Alberta City.  Nothing but destruction there.  Ha HAAAAA! 

Gary: Over to Tim Brando in the CBS Studio. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 12:50:40 PM »

Fat Vern:  Gaaahhh Baaahhh Bleeehhh TUSCALOOSA, ALABAMA, where Gene Stallings and the Crimson Tord take on the OLE MISS REBELS!

Fat Vern:  ghahh, braahreg.  Now Gary, Bear wasn't black, but he did integrate the entire state of Alabama in 1970 when he took down the schoolhouse door, allowing Martin Luther the King to enroll in a drama class at Forrester Auditerriam.  King went on to set several rushing records and was the inspiration for the beloved movie Bubba Gump.

Gary:  Thanks Verne.  We've got to talk about this.  The Cam Newton story was the biggest of the century.  Meteorologists have determined that the magnetism of his personality was largely to blame for the unstable atmospheric conditions that led to the tornadoes that have saddened this community.  Newton's father was aware that his son's star shined that bright, but Cam was kept in the dark. 

Fat Vern:  There's no excuse for that in football.  Yes.  Double mayo and extra salami. 

Gary: CBS Sports has learned that the NCAA will not review the Newton tornado case, but they are leaving the investigation open pending hurricanes or earthquakes. 

Fat Vern:  Look at that Johnny Musso fella go.  He's bowling through the Blue Bears like a tornado through Alberta City.  Nothing but destruction there.  Ha HAAAAA! 

You got a lot in in a short read.  Good work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 12:54:36 PM »

My secretary just came back to find out what I was laughing at.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 01:51:06 PM »

OUTSTANDING!!  I literally spit coffee all over my desk.  Thanks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 03:17:44 PM »
F-U-C-K-I-N-G    C-R-Y-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 03:22:26 PM »
ghaahh braahreg

Bear wasn't black?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."