Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Boise St. and the NCAA

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Boise St. and the NCAA
« on: May 03, 2011, 11:56:44 AM »
Lack of Institutional Control....uh oh...

NCAA investigating Boise State for athletic violations, lack of institutional control
Statesman staff - Idaho Statesman
Published: 05/02/11

* Read the summary of the NCAA inquiry

Boise State responded Monday night to the NCAA regarding rule violations in football, men’s tennis, men’s and women’s track and field, and a major violation in women’s tennis. The combination of several secondary violations and the major one has led the NCAA to allege a lack of institutional control within Boise State athletics.

An NCAA inquiry contained 22 allegations from 2005-2010 and asked for additional information from the university pertaining to each, according to a Boise State press release. The university formally responded April 25, and the NCAA Committee on Infractions will review the response June 10. A final NCAA report is expected to take several more months.

“I am confident we have responded thoroughly to the NCAA. Our internal review was comprehensive and our response was very detailed. We will continue to provide our full cooperation,” Boise State president Bob Kustra said

“We are deeply committed to following all NCAA rules and to ensuring that our athletic department works diligently so that our procedures reflect the highest standard. I am disappointed that we face these allegations. It is unacceptable, and the athletic department staff understand and agree with my position.”

Said athletic director Gene Bleymaier: “Complying with NCAA rules is fundamental to who we are and how we do things at Boise State. We have addressed the issues and are working with the NCAA to bring this to a close.”

According to the Boise State release:

Boise State began an internal investigation in March 2009 at the request of the NCAA. Through May 2010, Boise State responded to the inquiry and self-reported some undiscovered secondary infractions in preparation for a summary disposition in which the university, NCAA enforcement staff and involved individuals agreed on the violations.

However, a new, serious violation in women’s tennis occurred in October 2010. Boise State removed those coaches in November. As a result of the new violation, the NCAA decided that the case would now be sent to the Committee on Infractions rather than the agreed upon summary disposition for less severe cases.

The majority of allegations involve impermissible housing, transportation or meals, where an incoming student-athlete was provided a place to sleep (often on a couch or floor), a car ride or was provided free food by an existing student-athlete.

In football, the NCAA determined that total dollar value over five years was $4,934 for all of the housing, transportation and meals provided to 63 incoming student-athletes. All services ranged from $2.34 to a maximum of $417.55 and have been reimbursed by the student-athletes. In tennis and track and field, the NCAA determined that 16 student-athletes had received extra benefits over the five years equaling a $718 value. Other small dollar excess benefits are also alleged in the notice. All these funds were reimbursed as well and all were donated to charity.

Additional allegations of NCAA violations include:

- From 2005-2008, track and field coaches conducted impermissible practice sessions for five international incoming student-athletes prior to enrollment.

In 2010, women’s tennis coaches provided an incoming student-athlete with impermissible educational expenses and entertainment, conducted impermissible practice sessions and permitted the athlete to compete prior to enrollment.

Boise State already has implemented several changes to avoid future violations, including the hiring of additional compliance staff, updating policies in its athletics compliance manual, increasing rules education and improving compliance documentation, as well as transferring compliance responsibility and oversight from the athletic department to the President’s Office through the General Counsel.

Read more: www.idahostatesman.com/2011/05/02/1632708/n caa-investigating-boise-state.html#ixzz1LFlN6BS9
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Boise St. and the NCAA
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 12:04:41 PM »
So Cecil was shopping Cam to Boise St.?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 12:16:19 PM »

Exactly, Mr. Schad.

According to one poster on Scout (after reviewing the relatively minor violations): Damn, BSU even cheats like a mid-major.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 12:17:49 PM »

Yes, and we have the tapes to prove that Cam was breathing in the background during the phone call.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 01:04:22 PM »
Lack of institutional control because you found less than $6K in improper benefits....like a couch to sleep on or a $2.34 Happy Meal...paid out to probably 100 student athletes over a 5 year period.

Screw the NCAA
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 01:26:32 PM »
Edit - Just read the details of the violations. 

The NCAA is a bunch of punks.

"Kid had no where to stay so I put him up on the couch and then gave him some ice cream." 

VIOLATION!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 01:32:27 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 01:32:43 PM »
Just pay the damn players already. 

EVERY SCHOOL CHEATS. 

Except Auburn of course.

Squeaky clean, baby
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Xanusus

• Admit it, I'm sexy
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 01:38:06 PM »

"Kid had no where to stay so I put him up on the couch and then gave him some ice cream." 

VIOLATION!

What else do you expect from an organization that claims to be non profit but yet pays it's President over 1.5 mil a year and then goes after kids for getting free happy meals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 01:49:49 PM »
The guy who owns the gym I workout at has a son who plays basketball for Troy. We were talking about this kind of stuff the other day and he was talking about how careful he has to be when his son brings home a couple of his teammates for a visit.  He talks about how careful he has to be not to offer them anything or take them all out to dinner. He's scared to give them a bottle of water for fear it might bring the wrath of the almighty NCAA.  Just stupid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 01:58:58 PM »
In football, the NCAA determined that total dollar value over five years was $4,934 for all of the housing, transportation and meals provided to 63 incoming student-athletes

They will never get to sit at the big boy BCS table until they learn to cheat like a big boy...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 02:03:02 PM »

"Kid had no where to stay so I put him up on the couch and then gave him some ice cream.

VIOLATION!

Did Shula get rehired?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 02:03:16 PM »
They will never get to sit at the big boy BCS table until they learn to cheat like a big boy...

That averages out to $78.32 per player.

I say nothing less than the death penalty for this rougue program.  Where is Bryant Gumball and the HBO cameras?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 06:37:51 PM »
Once again, the NCAA moves on evidence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 07:09:10 PM »
*Retweet*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 11:11:29 PM »
Yep...smite the cheap bastards. And get rid of that blue turf. It's an abomination. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions