Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Weather in Central AL

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The Weather in Central AL
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2011, 10:02:26 AM »
Up to 131 dead in Alabama now.  Horrible stuff.  Anyone on the board affected or take a hit from this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2011, 10:31:23 AM »
Calhoun County, Goshen, AL - Palm Sunday 1993.  Goshen United Methodist Church in path of mile wide F-5.   LEVELED Goshen, which is right outside of Piedmont.  Killed 23 people total, 21 inside the sanctuary and in the nursery, including a guy I graduated high school with and his wife and young daughter.  My dad was a first responder.  He still will not talk about going inside that church nursery.

Same tornado that came through Tuscaloosa and Birmingham took the same path into Calhoun County that the Palm Sunday tornado took.  Webster's Chapel area devastated.  I was up until 1am sifting through debris trying to locate people.  Insane amount of damage.  I'm guessing (and I'm no expert) that it had to be an EF-4. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2011, 10:41:28 AM »
Same tornado that came through Tuscaloosa and Birmingham took the same path into Calhoun County that the Palm Sunday tornado took.  Webster's Chapel area devastated.  I was up until 1am sifting through debris trying to locate people.  Insane amount of damage.  I'm guessing (and I'm no expert) that it had to be an EF-4.

Everyone make it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2011, 11:01:39 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2011, 01:52:50 PM »
Every time they show more footage and pics of the devastation, it gets worse and worse.  I spent 15 years in claims and went to a ton of areas that had been hammered by tornadoes and hurricanes.  I think this..pardon the pun...blows all of that away.  This is just unbelievable. 

Obama is now in th area taking it all in and pledging support.  When I hear that, something comes to mind that has always chaffed my nether regions.  Anytime there's a disaster around the world, we are quick to stroke a check for several hundred million.  That's fine but is the same going to happen here?  Take the politics out of it.  These people need help...now!!!   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2011, 02:02:06 PM »
Every time they show more footage and pics of the devastation, it gets worse and worse.  I spent 15 years in claims and went to a ton of areas that had been hammered by tornadoes and hurricanes.  I think this..pardon the pun...blows all of that away.  This is just unbelievable. 

Obama is now in th area taking it all in and pledging support.  When I hear that, something comes to mind that has always chaffed my nether regions.  Anytime there's a disaster around the world, we are quick to stroke a check for several hundred million.  That's fine but is the same going to happen here?  Take the politics out of it.  These people need help...now!!!

The last I heard, he had already declared Alabama a disaster area as of Thursday and pledged federal resources and emergency response teams to assist the state.  Of course, with the rate at which FEMA works, we'll see those funds in 2012, shortly before the world ends.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2011, 02:47:10 PM »
Rick Perry needs to shut the fuck up.

Fires consuming a nano % of the state and 3 deaths in 10 days  vs  over 200 dead in the blink of an eye and 1/2 a state leveled in 2 hours. Not the same thing. Not the same level of attention.

Fuck him and his whining. Obama made the right call here for once. Kudos when kudos due.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2011, 03:08:14 PM »
There is a FEMA post working out of Cullman right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2011, 10:58:19 PM »
We left New Market (NW of Huntsville) after a few days of no power to go to in-laws in south Birmingham.  Being without phone or power we had no idea of the extent of the devestation in North Birminham and Cullman.  As for us they are saying the TVA will be down until Monday or Tuesday but thankfully we are safe. 

I was at work and the kids at school when the storm passed over our house about 1:00pm.  On the way home I passed a house a couple of miles from us that had an oak tree through it.  Beside my house I could see where a very small tornado had touched down repeatedly in a winter wheat field and left what looked like crop circles.  Nothing like the devestation in Birmingham, but still scary enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2011, 05:52:43 PM »

Amateur storm chasers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2011, 12:06:54 AM »
The death toll will continue to climb.  There are still over 400 missing from Tuscaloosa alone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs