Cam can't win

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Cam can't win
« on: April 30, 2011, 11:19:04 AM »
They blast him for being cocky.

So when he's asked if he will be the starter in game one he says:

"I'm not going to put that pressure on myself.  All I can do is be the best teammate I can, work to be better every day and be the best I can be.".

And they blast him on ESPN radio.

HIS JOB IS NOT TO BE A TEAMMATE!  He is SUPPOSED TO BE THE STARTER. HE SHOULD SAY HE WILL BE READY!!

Then they play a clip of Sam Bradford from last year.  He says:

"Not up to me.  There are good players I can learn from.  Will work to learn the system but that decision is up to the coaches."

And the host goes:  There's your difference.  Cam Newton. Sam Bradford. That's how you answer the question.   No comparison.   Just shows how unprepared Newton is. 

What the fuck?   The answers are essentially the same. 

I hope Cam throws for 8000 yards and runs for 3500 more in his first game. 

I'm sick of the fucking haters. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Re: Cam can't win
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 11:22:40 AM »
They blast him for being cocky.

So when he's asked if he will be the starter in game one he says:

"I'm not going to put that pressure on myself.  All I can do is be the best teammate I can, work to be better every day and be the best I can be.".

And they blast him on ESPN radio.

HIS JOB IS NOT TO BE A TEAMMATE!  He is SUPPOSED TO BE THE STARTER. HE SHOULD SAY HE WILL BE READY!!

Then they play a clip of Sam Bradford from last year.  He says:

"Not up to me.  There are good players I can learn from.  Will work to learn the system but that decision is up to the coaches."

And the host goes:  There's your difference.  Cam Newton. Sam Bradford. That's how you answer the question.   No comparison.   Just shows how unprepared Newton is. 

What the fuck?   The answers are essentially the same. 

I hope Cam throws for 8000 yards and runs for 3500 more in his first game. 

I'm sick of the fucking haters.

Do you think it's racial? 

I mean, I've scoffed at reports of how Doug Williams was treated.  I've smirked at reports of how Randall Cunningham was treated.  I've laughed at Warren Moon and his comments of how the black QB is treated. 

But I'm starting to think those reports were accurate.  Cam is getting hammered in the media.  Why?  Because he might have taken money from Auburn?  Even if he did, why would the NFL care?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 11:24:17 AM »
I've come to expect nothing else.  Fucking amazing what he has to endure. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 11:33:47 AM »
Do you think it's racial? 

I mean, I've scoffed at reports of how Doug Williams was treated.  I've smirked at reports of how Randall Cunningham was treated.  I've laughed at Warren Moon and his comments of how the black QB is treated. 

But I'm starting to think those reports were accurate.  Cam is getting hammered in the media.  Why?  Because he might have taken money from Auburn?  Even if he did, why would the NFL care?

You can read what NFL people, not media, but NFL people say about the very talented Mallet.  Character matters to them.  Cam, one of the most questioned characters in the history of football, was selected No. 1, and the Panthers flat out said they were inundated with calls and emails alleging all manner of bullshit, and found the vast majority of it to be just that.

Gruden, who has coached an NFL team to a Super Bowl does an indepth interview, and the haters used one line from a long interview to impugn Newton, call him an idiot that couldn't remember Auburn's plays, and yet, all the football people said he appeared to take the coaching he got well, and retain it.  That he couldn't help it that he played in the offense he played in...we hear this about LOTS of spread college QBs, but with Newton, to the haters, it's absolutely reason to predict miserable failure.   All the football people said the same things.  Great raw talent, has a lot to learn at this level.  All the media people talk about the fucking innuendo and bullshit, and tell you what he says is stupid, even though someone else saying the same thing is considered the absolute right answer. 

Oh, and though the NFL had major questions about Mallet's character, did you hear him being run down daily in the media at every turn?  Hell no, and you know why?  Ark. doesn't have an instate rival driving a smear campaign bus against them.  Make no mistake.  This shit about Cam is repeated by the national media, but it originates within this state's border. 

Fuck them one and all. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 11:35:56 AM »
Since it was first reported have you heard anything more about Patrick Peterson being "shopped to the highest bidder"?  Nope!  Why?  LSU has no instate rival trying to eliminate them from competition. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 12:39:45 PM »
Since it was first reported have you heard anything more about Patrick Peterson being "shopped to the highest bidder"?  Nope!  Why?  LSU has no instate rival trying to eliminate them from competition.
Check pm
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 12:49:20 PM »
Check pm

You don't feel like sharing today?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 01:33:58 PM »
You don't feel like sharing today?

Not related to the subject of this thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 01:50:50 PM »
I think it's simple.  He's in the mother of all results oriented worlds at this point.  Let him prove himself, or prove the haters right.  For one, I listened to the haters while he was at Auburn.  I ultimately get to wear my NC clothes around, and have the experience of going to Arizona.

Panther fans?  Your turn.  What ESPN idiots say at this point won't take my 2010 memories away from me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 02:30:46 PM »
I think it's simple.  He's in the mother of all results oriented worlds at this point.  Let him prove himself, or prove the haters right.  For one, I listened to the haters while he was at Auburn.  I ultimately get to wear my NC clothes around, and have the experience of going to Arizona.

Panther fans?  Your turn.  What ESPN idiots say at this point won't take my 2010 memories away from me.

Probably not going to happen, at least not this year, but it would be some vindication of both Detroit and Carolina met in the playoffs after great years by both Cam and Nick. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 02:45:16 PM »
Probably not going to happen, at least not this year, but it would be some vindication of both Detroit and Carolina met in the playoffs after great years by both Cam and Nick.
I don't know. They are a likely injury (with that OL) and a few bad outings amid excessive booing away from throwing him out there around mid season  just to see what happens. I don't know that management would cave-in to such pressure but it wouldn't surprise me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 03:06:47 PM »
Plus they want to see how he responds to adversity on the field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions