Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Mark Ingram = Emmitt Smith

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
Re: Mark Ingram = Emmitt Smith
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 07:57:05 PM »

He was an asshole when he was at Florida.  Epic asshole.
Who isn't an asshole at Florida? besides  :jesus:
And this is why it took women so long to get the right to vote.

So fucking sue me. The fact that he got his ass handed to him by Auburn AND played for my beloved Cowboys redeemed him in my eyes. He also came to a couple of camps I worked with while in grad school.....nobody that nice to kids is an asshole in my book.

I figured you for a DWTS fan, AWK.....I mean NKOTB on tonight......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

JR4AU

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 07:59:37 PM »
FTFY

You'd bettah fuckin ask somebody.

Emmitt is a Dancing with the Stars Champion. Not an asshole.

And he wasn't slow.

Emmitt, at 5-9 200, reportedly posted times varying from 4.55 to 4.8 in the 40 coming out of UF.  Emmitt was slow for that size back.  Jerry Rice was a 4.6-4.7 guy.  Just goes to show you a great 40 time isn't the Holy Grail of football talents.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 08:08:55 PM »
If Emmitt was a fat, slow, pussy ass, Ewok-looking, chicken shit quitter, he'd be exactly like Ingram.

They could be twins. 

If I was 6'6", 250, had a cannon for an arm and a set of awesome wheels and I'd be Cam Newton. 

Alas. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 08:10:02 PM »
my beloved Cowboys
...and I had such high hopes for you. :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 08:33:02 PM »
...and I had such high hopes for you. :facepalm:

The football gods gave me Tony Romo. I've been punished enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Token

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2011, 10:03:21 PM »
Breaking through contact and avoiding are two different things.  You are combining the two.  Most quality running backs break through contact...just saying.

Breaking through and avoiding are one in the same.  If most quality backs are defined by breaking through contact, then Ingram is a quality back.  He gained a lot of yards after contact, regardless how shitty of a game he had against Auburn. 

Prowler, quit being a dumb ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2011, 11:19:14 PM »
Breaking through and avoiding are one in the same.  If most quality backs are defined by breaking through contact, then Ingram is a quality back.  He gained a lot of yards after contact, regardless how shitty of a game he had against Auburn. 

Prowler, quit being a dumb ass.
First off, Ben Tate does lower his shoulder on Eric Berry (you're the dumbass saying that he didn't). Secondly, breaking through and avoiding tackles are not the same (you're the dumbass that thinks Earl Campbell and Noel Devine have similar running styles), Campbell breaks through tackles...Devine avoids them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Token

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2011, 11:30:12 PM »
First off, Ben Tate does lower his shoulder on Eric Berry (you're the dumbass saying that he didn't). Secondly, breaking through and avoiding tackles are not the same (you're the dumbass that thinks Earl Campbell and Noel Devine have similar running styles), Campbell breaks through tackles...Devine avoids them.

I told you to quit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2011, 11:34:02 PM »
I told you to quit.

I would have to believe that you are teasing for the reaction when saying breaking tackles and avoiding tackles are one in the same???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2011, 11:43:39 PM »
He was an asshole when he was at Florida.  Epic asshole.

I'd be pissed too if I couldn't attend the university I actually wanted to attend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2011, 11:46:57 PM »
I would have to believe that you are teasing for the reaction when saying breaking tackles and avoiding tackles are one in the same???
With retarded bammers, who knows. They still believe in Unicorns and 13 Championships.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011, 11:48:38 PM »
I'd be pissed too if I couldn't attend the university I actually wanted to attend.

That seems to be the norm nowadays.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011, 11:51:02 PM »
With retarded bammers, who knows. They still believe in Unicorns and 13 Championships.

For real. I was actually taken back a bit with this coming from Token. I think he has been drinking on the job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011, 01:08:24 AM »
For real. I was actually taken back a bit with this coming from Token. I think he has been drinking on the while giving blowjobs.
Fixed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011, 04:44:58 AM »
Fixed
He's working undercover and had probable cause...just a guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2011, 09:51:38 AM »
Who isn't an asshole at Florida? besides  :jesus:
So fucking sue me. The fact that he got his ass handed to him by Auburn AND played for my beloved Cowboys redeemed him in my eyes. He also came to a couple of camps I worked with while in grad school.....nobody that nice to kids is an asshole in my book.

I figured you for a DWTS fan, AWK.....I mean NKOTB on tonight......
I'm a Cowboys fan....and Emmitt was and always has been an arrogant asshole. I'm glad he was on my side though. He had the drive to do what he did and thats all I cared about. I don't have to eat dinner with the guy and have small talk.

Token - you are full of shit. Running to the sideline to avoid being hit is something entirely different. Ingram is a pussy that looks like a hedgehog.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011, 10:06:42 AM »
Hopefully Ben will be able to play this year and so will Ingram. Then we could look at the tale of the tape fo show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011, 11:59:58 AM »
Several things...

First, a running back is not "supposed" to run through contact, nor is he "supposed" to avoid contact.  If a hit is imminent, then yes, the running back is taught to lower his shoulder and drive through the hit.  However, if we're just talking about "proper" playing style, it all depends upon A) the play calling, and B) the running back.  A smaller, faster running back is going to be more adept at evasion, especially during off tackle rushes, sweeps, reverses, etc.  A larger, slower running back is not going to be able to effectively run side-to-side, and thus running through contact up the middle or off guard is more productive for that style of back.  Neither style is right or wrong.

Second, as a Tennessee fan, I have to be an asshole and post this in response to the Ben Tate video:

Third, Tate's speed and strength legitimately knocked Eric Berry on his ass, but I honestly don't see where he lowered his shoulder.  I'm not attempting to call Tate's talents into question, nor am I simply supporting a Bama fan just to get everyone's panties in a wad, but I just don't see it.  This video shows the hit from behind Tate, and I don't see any vertical change in the position of his shoulder.  Additionally, it doesn't even look like he intentionally attempted to run through Berry; he was sidestepping the first tackle and happened to hit Berry.  Props to Tate for having the ability to withstand the hit and knock Berry on his ass, but it just doesn't look intentional to me.

But, if you still have a hankering to see a running back who does lower his shoulder and really trucks a Tennessee defensive player, then enjoy this classic:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2011, 12:06:46 PM »
Whatever, as long as the guys doesn't get tackled I don't care if he uses the Barry Sanders method of embarrassing defenders or the Earl Campbell method of embarrassing defenders.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2011, 12:30:36 PM »
Several things...

First, a running back is not "supposed" to run through contact, nor is he "supposed" to avoid contact.  If a hit is imminent, then yes, the running back is taught to lower his shoulder and drive through the hit.  However, if we're just talking about "proper" playing style, it all depends upon A) the play calling, and B) the running back.  A smaller, faster running back is going to be more adept at evasion, especially during off tackle rushes, sweeps, reverses, etc.  A larger, slower running back is not going to be able to effectively run side-to-side, and thus running through contact up the middle or off guard is more productive for that style of back.  Neither style is right or wrong.

Second, as a Tennessee fan, I have to be an asshole and post this in response to the Ben Tate video:

Third, Tate's speed and strength legitimately knocked Eric Berry on his ass, but I honestly don't see where he lowered his shoulder.  I'm not attempting to call Tate's talents into question, nor am I simply supporting a Bama fan just to get everyone's panties in a wad, but I just don't see it.  This video shows the hit from behind Tate, and I don't see any vertical change in the position of his shoulder.  Additionally, it doesn't even look like he intentionally attempted to run through Berry; he was sidestepping the first tackle and happened to hit Berry.  Props to Tate for having the ability to withstand the hit and knock Berry on his ass, but it just doesn't look intentional to me.

But, if you still have a hankering to see a running back who does lower his shoulder and really trucks a Tennessee defensive player, then enjoy this classic:

Different team, same player, but...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."