Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bluetooth Headsets

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Bluetooth Headsets
« on: September 03, 2008, 04:00:50 PM »
I am thinking about breaking down and buying a wireless headset - I just have a Motorola Razor, not a Blackberry or anything - but does anyone have any suggestions?  The reviews I read for the Jawbone 2 were bad...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Bluetooth Headsets
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 04:01:34 PM »
I will point, laugh, mock and ridicule anyone (not just you, J) that I find wearing this ridiculousness.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 04:02:02 PM »
yes.  make sure you take it out of your ear when you are not in the car or I will be forced to taunt you as I do the other nimrods that walk around with them in their ears.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 04:02:33 PM »
Is there a mocking motion on the floor?  If so, I third it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 04:02:39 PM »
I will point, laugh, mock and ridicule anyone (not just you, J) that I find wearing this ridiculousness.

WOW 30 seconds of difference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 04:03:51 PM »
I can't count the number of times i have made fun of people wearing these things 24-7.  I love seeing people out to dinner with an earpiece in their ear, what dorks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 04:05:05 PM »
I will NOT be wearing it anywhere but in my car - I have some hearing loss and it is hard to hear the person on the other end of the phone when I am in my car - kids, highway noise, etc.  The noise cancelling feature and the hands free/safety issue are what is driving this decision.  I will NOT be walking around looking like a Borg.  I hate people that do that.  I am capable of answering my phone in the normal way when I am not in my car.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 04:06:32 PM »
I can't count the number of times i have made fun of people wearing these things 24-7.  I love seeing people out to dinner with an earpiece in their ear, what dorks.

I swear one of my co-workers sleeps in his.  I make fun of him constantly.

My boss keeps trying to make me get one, mainly because I'm on the road a lot.  I have yet to buy one, and unless he threatens to fire me, I won't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 04:06:45 PM »
I will NOT be wearing it anywhere but in my car - I have some hearing loss and it is hard to hear the person on the other end of the phone when I am in my car - kids, highway noise, etc.  The noise cancelling feature and the hands free/safety issue are what is driving this decision.  I will NOT be walking around looking like a Borg.  I hate people that do that.  I am capable of answering my phone in the normal way when I am not in my car.

With the caveat that you never, ever wear this abortion outside the confines of your car, I can reluctantly endorse your purchase.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 04:07:17 PM »
I have the original Jawbone and have had no problems Wench.  One of my biggest problems with most headsets was not being able to hear it good enough.  I've not had that problem with mine.   ....and yes, I keep it only for the car, or use it with my PS3 for online games.   :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 04:09:08 PM »
I have the original Jawbone and have had no problems Wench.  One of my biggest problems with most headsets was not being able to hear it good enough.  I've not had that problem with mine.   ....and yes, I keep it only for the car, or use it with my PS3 for online games.   :thumbsup:

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA...

Chopper wears a Dorkle! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 04:09:12 PM »
or use it with my PS3 for online games.   :thumbsup:

No, sir.  Not in keeping with the caveat.  You must be mocked and ridiculed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 04:10:18 PM »
It doesn't bother me that I wear one in the car 1000 miles a week....   and you just said "dorkle"....hahahahahahahahaha
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 04:10:31 PM »
With the caveat that you never, ever wear this abortion outside the confines of your car, I can reluctantly endorse your purchase.
I do so solemnly swear... If I'm lying, Taylor is not gay.  

It is actually kind of creepy to see people walking around with those things on.  One of these days our kids will be born with USB ports in their heads... *shiver*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 04:17:50 PM »
It doesn't bother me that I wear one in the car 1000 miles a week....   and you just said "dorkle"....hahahahahahahahaha

I made up that word.    I have no idea what it means. 

I think I will try to get it added to the dictionary.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 04:19:52 PM »
To hell with those hands free safety devices.  I will continue to fumble around trying to get my phone out of its holster, and answer the damn thing in time, all the while swerving into and out of oncoming traffic. I will also fuck around with the radio at will.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 04:46:35 PM »

AGREED!!!!  The only time it is remotely acceptable is in the car...that is it!  I HATE when people walk around with that shit in thier ear.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 04:52:17 PM »
AGREED!!!!  The only time it is remotely acceptable is in the car...that is it!  I HATE when people walk around with that shit in thier ear.

Welcome to the thread...  I know I should have read futher than just the first post rather than reacting to it. With that being said.... I fucking hate when people walk around with that shit in their ears!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 08:49:10 PM »
Whenever I see somebody wearing one of those outside of their car, I like to mock them by humming the "Mission Impossible" theme or sing "Secret Agent Man" as I walk by them. I love it when they look back at me with that quizzical expression on their face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

barkndog

• number one super guy
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 04:04:08 PM »
Check out the BlueAnt z9i at http://myblueant.com/  It has noise cancellation technology like the Jawbone, but it's smaller (less noticeable) and fits better.  It's built with a clip so you can attach it to your shirt when you don't want it on your ear but want it easily accessible.  As a tech person, I like the fact that it comes with a USB connector that allows you to upgrade the firmware when they have updates.  I've owned a Jawbone before, IMO the BlueAnts are a lot better.

BlueAnt has other models, including a headset that is voice activated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Silence is golden. Duck tape is silver.