No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The Rivals 100
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 01:42:20 PM »
I saw FSU with 5.  Not going to be long before talent alone makes them very relevant again.  They've had some great recruting classes and it looks like it's going to continue.  As long as Mark Richt doesn't take over, they may be damn good real quick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 01:47:48 PM »
I need to venture over to rivals more often and check out where we may or may not stand with some on that list.  So I take it that Yeldon is the #1 player in the state this time?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 01:55:41 PM »
Question for the recruiting gurus.  Only 17 five star guys in the entire country?  I assume they'll re-rank these guys during/after the season but right now, only 17 players worthy of 5*****?  Take this Nelson Agholar.  I see AU and everyone else in the country offered him.  His stats say he "Racked up" over 2,200 yards and 392 yards (or something) receiving over the last 2 seasons. Each year or combined?  If combined...the 5 stars come from....?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 02:00:41 PM »
Question for the recruiting gurus.  Only 17 five star guys in the entire country?  I assume they'll re-rank these guys during/after the season but right now, only 17 players worthy of 5*****?  Take this Nelson Agholar.  I see AU and everyone else in the country offered him.  His stats say he "Racked up" over 2,200 yards and 392 yards (or something) receiving over the last 2 seasons. Each year or combined?  If combined...the 5 stars come from....?   

They usually hit 30 five star guys right before signing day.  They always start with less.  That way the really good recruits who are four stars have a chance to move up, and there's very little chance of guys moving down.

It's better to say, "This guy really turned it on this year," than to say, "We didn't rate this guy correctly." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 04:37:29 PM »
At this point, you have to take the Rivals 100/250 with a grain of salt. Some kids are gonna blow up their senior year, some will slip. I would rather them lowball some guys rather than obviously overrate them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 09:21:23 AM »
Wonder if they're looking closer this year at any JUCO quarterbacks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions