Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Take on Tix

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Take on Tix
« on: April 15, 2011, 01:04:44 PM »
One of the regular callers to our local sports talk show is the father of a former reserve AU lineman who graduated in 08'. He called in about Ramsey and his claims and went over how the ticket process worked for scholarship players.  In a nutshell, he said that players who are given tix, have to post the names prior to the season of up to 25 people who they might give tickets to.  Up to 8 of those can be family members.  The people with those tix have to show up at a certain door and required to show picture ID before entering the stadium.  He said his son played for 3 years and they had the same girls taking the tix up virtually every game.  Even though they knew them well, he and his wife had to show ID every time.

Anywho, he said that Auburn has absolutely zero control over whether or not a player sells the tickets.  No way to monitor it.  THS could probably verify some or all of this.  Second, the host asked him hwo big an axe does Ramsey have to grind with Auburn.  The answer..."Paul Bunyan size."  He said he has no idea what happened with the lawsuit but that Ramsey's problem was with the head trainer, who basically was telling the coaches, against doctors orders, that Ramsey was fit to play.  The guy said Ramsey wasn't nearly the only one having the same problem with the head trainer.  However, he also said that ultimately, Ramsey should have just been a man and taken responsibility for addressing it with the coaches as opposed to acting like a bitch (My words).   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: Take on Tix
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 01:26:27 PM »
I wasn't involved in the ticket office. 

I do know it was a pretty tightly run ship.  Everything seemed that way under Tuberville.

Ramsey is the least credible of the four.  However, I worry that if he starts dropping names, the NCAA won't blink before hitting us with some kind of probation. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Take on Tix
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 01:27:29 PM »
Tim Jackson would have never let that happen on his watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.