Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Finebaum...

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Finebaum...
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 08:16:45 PM »
Yes, the Calloway Story, regarding Darren Woodruff and his possible booster status...a pre-existing relationship with "Peaches" doesn't mean anything.  Woodruff nor "peaches" had a pre-existing relationship with Brent before he became a Division I Prospect.
FYI, just because you are on a high school football team your freshman year, doesn't mean you are automatically considered a major D1 prospect. BC didn't play football until the 8th grade. Oh yeah, he didn't even play his freshman year either. He had to sit out the entire year. Keep trying to fit that into the pre-sized box you already made up, though. The distinction the NCAA will make is when he became a "major D1 prospect".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 08:31:24 PM »
FYI, just because you are on a high school football team your freshman year, doesn't mean you are automatically considered a major D1 prospect. BC didn't play football until the 8th grade. Oh yeah, he didn't even play his freshman year either. He had to sit out the entire year. Keep trying to fit that into the pre-sized box you already made up, though. The distinction the NCAA will make is when he became a "major D1 prospect".

Then what was the need/push for him to transfer to Russellville?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 08:37:50 PM »

According to the Saban cum slurpers on the radio, it's when Saban and the coaching staff started cultivating this relationship early on about 4 yrs ago.  You know, the way "real recruiters" do it, not like Auburn who swoops in at the last minute waiving a fist full of hundreds at him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 08:42:36 PM »
Coming from Woodruff AND "Peaches", Woodruff began helping Brent Calloway with his recruiting in the 9th grade, the year he had to sit out. This is also the time that Woodruff became "friends with benefits" with Brent.  So, fit that in your box. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 10:08:09 PM »

I understand what you are saying but I coached a D-1 prospect when he was a freshman and knew he was D-1 right then. Some of you might remember him. Does the name Bo Harris ring a bell?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2011, 10:21:23 PM »
I understand what you are saying but I coached a D-1 prospect when he was a freshman and knew he was D-1 right then. Some of you might remember him. Does the name Bo Harris ring a bell?
Yup, RB/TE/LB/DE.  Had to go to Hargrave to get his school work straight.  Not sure where he ended up after he left Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 03:19:43 PM »
PF is on our asses today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

JR4AU

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 03:21:26 PM »
PF is on our asses today.

Another day at the office.  The more that comes out about bammer cheating, the worse the rhetoric will get against Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 06:27:45 PM »
Well a caller finally brought up the SbB story, and Finebaum cut the guy off, interrupted him, and said he'd been out of town all weekend and knew nothing about it.  The caller wasn't very articulate, but F'bomb would have nothing of it.  The bammer media, nor the bammer callers are going to discuss this shit.  Anybody that brings it up will be shouted down. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2011, 06:32:11 PM »
Now Finebaum says he just read it the post on SbB, and doesn't really understand it.  Christ on a crutch, how do they just blatantly lie every time they open their cock holsters.  Finebaum damn well knows that's release of mortgage is enough to at least warrant and explanation. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2011, 06:56:02 PM »
Well a caller finally brought up the SbB story, and Finebaum cut the guy off, interrupted him, and said he'd been out of town all weekend and knew nothing about it.  The caller wasn't very articulate, but F'bomb would have nothing of it.  The bammer media, nor the bammer callers are going to discuss this shit.  Anybody that brings it up will be shouted down.

I knew this is how he would respond.

I'm surprised he went further with the "I don't understand what Brooks is getting at" approach.  I guess he figured it was too obvious to say he hadn't heard anything about it? 

Also, where was he out of town that he couldn't access the internet?  Alabama's A-Day game?  Talledega? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2011, 07:02:35 PM »
The REC doesn't pay Finebaum to talk bad about SPuat, especially when there is ANYTHING that could be considered bad publicity towards Auburn, on the table.  "I was out all weekend"....but yet he is going to slam Auburn for the A-Day game attendance, which played the same day that his sorry ass was in Tuscaloosa?  He should've said the truth, "the REC hasn't given me my talking points on that subject, yet.  I'll have them tomorrow or Wednesday for sure."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2011, 07:03:57 PM »
I knew this is how he would respond.

I'm surprised he went further with the "I don't understand what Brooks is getting at" approach.  I guess he figured it was too obvious to say he hadn't heard anything about it? 

Also, where was he out of town that he couldn't access the internet?  Alabama's A-Day game?  Talledega?

It's abundantly clear that the slightest rumor about Auburn will be front page news in Alabama, lead every news cast and be talk radio fodder, but until the NCAA shows up in Tuscaloser with pad locks and chains to lock everything up, a wrecking ball to topple Dummy Chimes,  gas and matches to burn the buildings, the media and their fans will refuse to acknowledge any of it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions