Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Donald Trump for President?

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Donald Trump for President?
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2011, 11:07:39 AM »
Thats exaclty my point. He was and will be a media darling during the Presidential race. The Republicans will have to have a guy ready to take that head on and have his own savvy to hang. Somebody that has iron balls and the wit to mind whip somebody. I'm telling you, this is how it is.

For the record, I wish Colin Powell would run for President. Everyone has their faults but this guy has Presidential material. Just wishful thinking.

Colin Powell is a RINO. That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2011, 11:11:48 AM »
For the record, I wish Colin Powell would run for President. Everyone has their faults but this guy has Presidential material. Just wishful thinking.

Him and Watts can kiss my ass.  Their reasoning for voting for Obama, "The history of the occasion", not about what's best for our country, but for the history of the occasion.   :facepalm:  Worst reason I have ever heard for voting for someone.

In other words they voted for him for one reason and one reason only, even when their politics couldn't be any more different.  It wasn't about race, or at least it shouldn't have been.  It should have been about a guy who had almost no experience, shaddy connections, who was/is one of the most if not the most liberal man that was in Congress and how he would govern.  Instead you had people like them coming out and the MSM making it all about race.

Look, I don't care if a guy is black, brown, white, green, orange, purple, pink....etc...etc...etc, if our politics line up, then I can and will support them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2011, 11:19:06 AM »
There's an orange guy running for President?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2011, 11:22:26 AM »
Yes, this has been posted before but Glo-Zell's videos crack me up.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2011, 11:23:16 AM »
There's an orange guy running for President?

If they are from the cast of Jersey Shore, then yes, there is a real good chance they are orange.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2011, 11:30:09 AM »
Him and Watts can kiss my ass.  Their reasoning for voting for Obama, "The history of the occasion", not about what's best for our country, but for the history of the occasion.   :facepalm:  Worst reason I have ever heard for voting for someone.

In other words they voted for him for one reason and one reason only, even when their politics couldn't be any more different.  It wasn't about race, or at least it shouldn't have been.  It should have been about a guy who had almost no experience, shaddy connections, who was/is one of the most if not the most liberal man that was in Congress and how he would govern.  Instead you had people like them coming out and the MSM making it all about race.

Look, I don't care if a guy is black, brown, white, green, orange, purple, pink....etc...etc...etc, if our politics line up, then I can and will support them.

The same people screaming that people didn't vote for Obama because he is black are the same people who voted for him BECAUSE he is black. Irony? Hypocrisy? I think so.

Note: Obama is technically only about 40% African/Black as his father had a slight bit of Middle Eastern descent through HIS father and grandfather, as well as the African (Kenyan) we all know about. Point being is that its techincally more accurate to use the term "First President of African American descent" than it is to say "the first Black President" since he is technically more white than he is anything else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2011, 12:01:22 PM »
I don't remember hearing that. Powells reasoning for voting for Obama that is. If thats the case I must retract my earlier statement. That is a dumb ass reason to vote for someone. Exactly the same reason why so many others did. I don't give a rats ass if our President is black as long as he isn't shady like Obama. I just would like to see a guy in the White House with balls and intestinal fortitude. That is why I brought up Powell. There are a lot of characteristics of Powell I do like and are certainly a far cry from Obama.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2011, 03:59:28 PM »
You continue to parrot the party line simplistically tying this concept of "proven oil reserves" to production without acknowledging the handicapping impact of government over-regulation.  My point here is that the US oil industry would explore (in other words, find more proven oil reserves) and produce more if the government would merely ease regulations.  You are discussing a logical relationship of cause and effect, but you stop short of identifying the true cause as in why these "proven oil reserves" in the US seem to be on the decline.  Today, we have more regulation on our oil industry than ever before, and some regulations evolve with our political climate.

I never said that there weren't "true" causes beyond the logical relationship that I stated.  Regardless of why proven oil reserves aren't currently found in abundance in America, the basic premise still stands:  More proven oil reserves = more oil production.

I agree with you as to why there aren't as many proven oil reserves in America, but that doesn't refute the logical premise that was stated.  All you're saying is that if America changed its stance on drilling for oil domestically, and if we find more proven oil reserves, then America would be in a better position to produce more oil domestically and rely less on foreign oil.  This is true, and in fact just goes to support my premise that more proven oil reserves = more oil production.

Yeah...  There's always an apocalypse on the horizon, but as in most cases, this one is caused and hyped by an over-reaching government hellbent on obtaining more power and control.  It's 47 years today, 25 years tomorrow and 53 years 2 weeks from now.  In fact, I even recall hearing that we had less than 10 years before we ran out of oil.  I've heard it all before.  They just conveniently forget to tell us that we still have far more "unproved reserves" than all the "proven reserves" combined over the last 50+ years. 

Meanwhile, in the real world, futures traders are more skittish than stray dogs.  The average futures trader doesn't have a clue about any proven oil reserves.  Many are merely holding out for the next crisis that drives oil prices up and put several grand in their pocket.

Of course, I agree there...that's why I said the following:

The commodities market deals with future interests; contracts are made today based upon predictions of the existence of extracted oil in the future, as well as other predictions involving demand, politics, war, and numerous other factors.  This means that if the supply (number and size of proven oil reserves) is reported as getting smaller, then the price of oil cited in these futures contracts will increase; the proven oil reserves do affect the commodities trade even before being extracted.

I'm with you in stating that all of these studies and reports are complete guesses based upon estimated information, and that more often than not, they are exaggerated so as to create fear and rumors about our "vastly depleted" source of energy.  The futures market speculators obviously paid attention to the big "energy crisis" reported in 2000, which partially explains the sudden spike in gas prices during that time.  Did the speculators believe the hype?  Maybe, maybe not, but my point was that reports on the status of oil reserves do affect the market, regardless of whether they affect the market out of fear or greed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2011, 04:43:50 PM »
I never said that there weren't "true" causes beyond the logical relationship that I stated.  Regardless of why proven oil reserves aren't currently found in abundance in America, the basic premise still stands:  More proven oil reserves = more oil production.

I agree with you as to why there aren't as many proven oil reserves in America, but that doesn't refute the logical premise that was stated.  All you're saying is that if America changed its stance on drilling for oil domestically, and if we find more proven oil reserves, then America would be in a better position to produce more oil domestically and rely less on foreign oil.  This is true, and in fact just goes to support my premise that more proven oil reserves = more oil production. 

I understand what you're saying, but as they say, "correlation does not [always] imply causation."  We could produce more even with the currently known reserves.  Several of these known reserves don't even have extraction/production facilities because the gubme't won't permit them under the current political leadership. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Vandy Vol

« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2011, 10:19:42 PM »
I understand what you're saying, but as they say, "correlation does not [always] imply causation."  We could produce more even with the currently known reserves.  Several of these known reserves don't even have extraction/production facilities because the gubme't won't permit them under the current political leadership.

True...and I think the reason that the government won't permit more production is because of all of the inaccurate propaganda being spread concerning the capacity of the reserves.  That and the fact that they can, in effect, have more control over the prices by producing less.  Yay government control!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2011, 09:37:35 AM »
True...and I think the reason that the government won't permit more production is because of all of the inaccurate propaganda being spread concerning the capacity of the reserves.  That and the fact that they can, in effect, have more control over the prices by producing less.  Yay government control!

You seem to have changed your stripes a bit since your last visit in 2010. Good to see you and GarMan getting along.  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2011, 01:52:15 PM »
You seem to have changed your stripes a bit since your last visit in 2010. Good to see you and GarMan getting along.  :thumsup:

Not sure what you mean by changing my stripes.  If you're referring to my political stances having changed, they haven't; this is just a different political topic than has previously been discussed.  If you're talking about a change in attitude...well, my last discussions with GarMan just went sour and insults were thrown about on both sides.  It's not really a change in attitude, it's just how things are after a cooling off period.

Oh, and I'm only getting along with GarMan because I miss his weiner.  <3  :wartim: <3
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2011, 02:06:06 PM »
Oh, and I'm only getting along with GarMan because I miss his weiner.  <3  :wartim: <3

It's true.  He loves teh cock!  He can't get enough. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2011, 02:50:10 PM »

I'm sensing that two are about to become one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2011, 03:33:29 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2011, 04:24:10 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2011, 04:29:29 PM »

Thread just took an interesting turn.   AWK will be jealous about the 2nd quote.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2011, 09:16:58 AM »
Not sure what you mean by changing my stripes.  If you're referring to my political stances having changed, they haven't; this is just a different political topic than has previously been discussed.  If you're talking about a change in attitude...well, my last discussions with GarMan just went sour and insults were thrown about on both sides.  It's not really a change in attitude, it's just how things are after a cooling off period.

I just meant you seem more moderate and negotiable this go round. Thats a good thing.

A couple of years under the ONE will do that.   :poke:   J/k ya.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GarMan

« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
Landing in my Inbox today...  I hope none of these guys end up near the top. 

Paul essentially claims that Islamic extremism is our fault.  Blame America first?  Never mind history... 
http://www.youtube.com/v/XYbLR03JnYE

Gingrich is as much a part of the energy problem as the extreme Leftists and other RINOs. 
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/265555/gingrich-received-over-300k-work-ethanol-lobbying-group-katrina-trinko

Trump is a fraud.  You don't give money to Democrats while claiming to be a Repiglican. 
http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2011/04/trump-donated-50000-to-rahm-emanuels-mayoral-bid.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2011, 10:49:04 AM »
If Trump continues to show up on Anderson Cooper every other night, we want have to worry about him making it to the run-offs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions