Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Breaking Bad

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #360 on: December 31, 2019, 11:03:05 AM »
just finished up.  incredible series.  it left you wanting more...but as all great shows it knows when to end.  cough, cough...walking dead.

fun reading up on this thread. 

townhall had very good analysis with  hits and some misses.

kaos trolls but ends up liking it.  i agree though Sopranos a much better series.

we!!! knows great TV and keeps it real by enjoying it.  thanks.

wes keeps things in line.

gh2001 late to the party and tries to fit in but falls short.

jumbo ...likes traffic lights. 

snags...still has no balls.

Late to the party ya say?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #361 on: April 03, 2022, 11:27:54 AM »
As you know, my opinion on this show changed over the years.  It took me a while to get into the arc, but once I did I recognized it for what it was. 

I've even come to appreciate Saul, even though that series is such a slow burn.  I do want to see how that ends. 

I've been re-watching the series over the last week or so.  It's still pretty great. However. While it is in the same sport as The Sopranos, it's a different league. The Sopranos is the major leagues.  Breaking Bad is AAA.  Almost as good, but not at that level.

Looking at it in a different light now since I know what's going to happen.  Couple of things:

1) I fucking HATE Skyler. I fucking HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, LOATHE, HATE, HATE, DESPISE Skyler.  I wish she'd been killed by anybody on the show. Anybody...Walt, the twins, Tuco, Gus, Jesse, Flynn, Krazy-8, Saul, Francesca, Tortuga, Skinny Pete, Badger, Hank, Marie, Mike, Lydia, Hector, Gale, Huell, Gretchen the locksmith, the pizza delivery guy.  Put a double barreled shotgun into that enormous joker mouth of hers, pull both triggers, reload, pull both triggers, reload, pull both triggers, reload and pull both triggers again. 

2) What gives this show the quality it has is more due to Vince Gilligan than anything else. The camera angles. The coloring. The way scenes are framed. The transitions.  The way it embraces the locale and makes it as big a character as any of the actors. It's the most lovingly, carefully, beautifully shot series in television history.  That alone elevates it multiple levels.

3) I hate Skyler.  She's the most despicable character in the history of television. Why didn't she die?

4) Jane isn't pretty, but she's sexy as hell.

5) Jesse is probably the most destructive character ever.  Everything he touches gets destroyed.  Aaron Paul might be the only actor able to be that awful and still gain audience sympathy.

6) Jesse Plemons is a terrible actor too. Can't believe that fat-faced toad has a career.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.