Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Breaking Bad

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #300 on: September 24, 2013, 11:42:41 PM »
I think it's a little too obvious for Vince Gilligan's writing style that Walt sees the other founders of Gray Matter and suddenly wants to go after them.

Here's an unforeseen (and maybe unlikely) theory for you:

The founders of Gray Matter just got on TV and made up a bunch of shit about how Walt did nothing, other than help create the company name.  Walt's story (whether correct or just his preferentially skewed version of the story) is that he was a legit founder and a brilliant scientist who helped start the company.  However, the other founders of Gray Matter just rewrote history by telling their story and having people believe it.

So Walt formulates a plan about how he is going to win his family back.  Win his legacy back.  Clear his name.

He's going to pin all of the meth business on other people, most likely Jack's crew and Lydia.  Maybe even Jesse.  Or maybe he makes amends with Jesse by clearing his name as well.  Hell, maybe he even pins it on Gray Matter somehow...convinces the public that their millions were made illegally in the meth business, and that they kicked him out because he didn't want to be complicit with their plans.  He somehow devises a way to show that Gray Matter pinned everything on Walt because he was going to go public, but that he didn't go public initially because they gave him hush money.  Then when he threatened to go public, they got the DEA involved in an attempt to put him away, but Gray Matter's thugs (Jack's crew) got greedy, killed the DEA, and took Walt's hush money.  They then kept him quiet by threatening to kill Jesse and/or turn Walt in to the DEA if he didn't disappear.

Walt proves himself one last time, showing that he has not developed fully into Heisenberg.  He's still Walt the genius that can do anything.  Walt, Jr. will no longer hate him because he's convinced him that he wasn't at fault.  Skyler keeps her fucking mouth shut, lest she get herself into trouble for being complicit with Walt's voluntary meth dealings, and she regains some respect for Walt due to him saving their family from continued public humiliation and criminal prosecution.  Same with Jesse.  Marie has no evidence and can go fuck herself with a purple dildo.

Ultimately, Walt dies of cancer.  But not before he re-establishes his legacy and clears his name, at least to some degree so that his family is safe and those that he despises are royally fucked.

Or, more realistically, Walt goes into a witness protection program as a Power Rangers villain:

« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 11:44:26 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #301 on: September 25, 2013, 12:12:33 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #302 on: September 25, 2013, 08:59:11 AM »

Yours was tl;dr.

Plus his had no comparisons to your other favorite shows.

You're right though in that the ending of this show seems to be the total opposite of another particular show we like that wandered endlessly until it got to its finale.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #303 on: September 25, 2013, 09:02:00 AM »
I think it's a little too obvious for Vince Gilligan's writing style that Walt sees the other founders of Gray Matter and suddenly wants to go after them.

The founders of Gray Matter just got on TV and made up a bunch of shit about how Walt did nothing, other than help create the company name.  Walt's story (whether correct or just his preferentially skewed version of the story) is that he was a legit founder and a brilliant scientist who helped start the company.  However, the other founders of Gray Matter just rewrote history by telling their story and having people believe it.

So Walt formulates a plan about how he is going to win his family back.  Win his legacy back.  Clear his name.

He's going to pin all of the meth business on other people, most likely Jack's crew and Lydia.  Maybe even Jesse.  Or maybe he makes amends with Jesse by clearing his name as well.  Hell, maybe he even pins it on Gray Matter somehow...convinces the public that their millions were made illegally in the meth business, and that they kicked him out because he didn't want to be complicit with their plans.  He somehow devises a way to show that Gray Matter pinned everything on Walt because he was going to go public, but that he didn't go public initially because they gave him hush money.  Then when he threatened to go public, they got the DEA involved in an attempt to put him away, but Gray Matter's thugs (Jack's crew) got greedy, killed the DEA, and took Walt's hush money.  They then kept him quiet by threatening to kill Jesse and/or turn Walt in to the DEA if he didn't disappear.

Walt proves himself one last time, showing that he has not developed fully into Heisenberg.  He's still Walt the genius that can do anything.  Walt, Jr. will no longer hate him because he's convinced him that he wasn't at fault.  Skyler keeps her fucking mouth shut, lest she get herself into trouble for being complicit with Walt's voluntary meth dealings, and she regains some respect for Walt due to him saving their family from continued public humiliation and criminal prosecution.  Same with Jesse.  Marie has no evidence and can go fuck herself with a purple dildo.

Ultimately, Walt dies of cancer.  But not before he re-establishes his legacy and clears his name, at least to some degree so that his family is safe and those that he despises are royally fucked.

Or, more realistically, Walt goes into a witness protection program as a Power Rangers villain:

I'm more inclined to believe his side more. His pure meth proves his chemistry skill level. He is no doubt brilliant in that realm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #304 on: September 25, 2013, 09:20:39 AM »
For those paying attention the end has already been shown.

Negro Y Azul
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #305 on: September 25, 2013, 09:30:56 AM »
For those paying attention the end has already been shown.

Negro Y Azul

Do you think the cartel is still a factor?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #306 on: September 25, 2013, 09:32:05 AM »

I can't think of many scenarios where I would be disappointed with the ending...however, this would be one of them...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #307 on: September 25, 2013, 09:33:04 AM »

I think he was referring to Walt being dead..."but doesn't know it yet."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #308 on: September 25, 2013, 09:45:14 AM »
I think he was referring to Walt being dead..."but doesn't know it yet."
I'm guessing his theory involves both. The cartel catches up to him when he's not expecting it.

I like VV's ending better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #309 on: September 25, 2013, 09:48:34 AM »
I'm guessing his theory involves both. The cartel catches up to him when he's not expecting it.

I like VV's ending better.

Right. At the cartels hands possibly. As the song mentions.

I think no matter the ending, like WE said it's going to be hard to be disappointed. Should be a blaze of glory.

Anyone know if it will be a 2 hour deal for the finale? Haven't even looked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #310 on: September 25, 2013, 10:00:42 AM »
Right. At the cartels hands possibly. As the song mentions.

I think no matter the ending, like WE said it's going to be hard to be disappointed. Should be a blaze of glory.

Anyone know if it will be a 2 hour deal for the finale? Haven't even looked.

75 minutes. Titled Felina.

Cat reference?

Finale scrambled?

or FeLiNa?
Fe-Iron-Blood
Li-Lithium-Meth
Na-Sodium-Tears

Blood-Meth-Tears

Take of it what you will...

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:16:09 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #311 on: September 25, 2013, 10:14:16 AM »
http://entertainment.time.com/2013/09/24/hidden-breaking-bad-the-stuff-you-may-have-missed/

Worth the read. Some of the stuff we have talked about. Some we haven't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #312 on: September 25, 2013, 10:19:27 AM »

Cat reference?

Finale scrambled?

or FeLiNa?
Fe-Iron-Blood
Li-Lithium-Meth
Na-Sodium-Tears

Blood-Meth-Tears

I'm trying my hardest not to over think it. Trying to be like prowler and just sit back and enjoy the ride. Hard to do that though. Gonna be sad to see this all end Sunday.

The advertising spots will be close to Super Bowl commercial prices I would think. Could break some cable ratings records.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #313 on: September 25, 2013, 10:22:50 AM »

Cat reference?

Finale scrambled?

or FeLiNa?
Fe-Iron-Blood
Li-Lithium-Meth
Na-Sodium-Tears

Blood-Meth-Tears

Vince already said that Felina is just an anagram for Finale and implied that no one should make too much of it.  Of course, the dude is always setting his tricks and twists, so who knows? 

I doubt the cartel comes back.  I think the purpose of the Don Eladio massacre was to show that Gus eradicated the cartel from the Southwest meth business.  He killed the competition setting up Walt to build his empire in season 5. 

I really have no idea how it will end.  I've read good arguments against the ending being focused on Grey Matter.  I've read good arguments for the ending being focused on Grey Matter.

Personally, I think Grey Matter is heavily involved.  Not sure if it'll be Walt trying to take them down or what.  I really don't see him going on a shooting spree just trying to kill everyone in the show.  I know the show is titled Breaking Bad, but I don't think Vince meant for that to mean "going to the fullest depths of evil such as mass shooting your own family and friends."  Seems too sick and twisted for Walt to do that.

I like to think that the ending will portray Walt's consistent character throughout the show.  He has always been calculating.  He has always been able to get the upper hand.  Every time we start to dislike Walt, he maneuvers into being the guy that we were always rooting for whether or not we think he's a scumbag. 

Is the Ozy episode, we saw once again that Walt just wants his family.  He got cancer and wanted to make sure his family was financially secure for the rest of their lives.  His pride and ego and controlling nature affected the way he conducted business, but in the end, he just wanted to get his money to his family. 

That has to be the focus.  He's going to win.  I don't believe Vince allows this show to end with Walt's family in ruin and Walt dead on the ground knowing he ruined them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

« Reply #314 on: September 25, 2013, 10:29:27 AM »
Vince already said that Felina is just an anagram for Finale and implied that no one should make too much of it.  Of course, the dude is always setting his tricks and twists, so who knows? 

I doubt the cartel comes back.  I think the purpose of the Don Eladio massacre was to show that Gus eradicated the cartel from the Southwest meth business.  He killed the competition setting up Walt to build his empire in season 5. 

I really have no idea how it will end.  I've read good arguments against the ending being focused on Grey Matter.  I've read good arguments for the ending being focused on Grey Matter.

Personally, I think Grey Matter is heavily involved.  Not sure if it'll be Walt trying to take them down or what.  I really don't see him going on a shooting spree just trying to kill everyone in the show.  I know the show is titled Breaking Bad, but I don't think Vince meant for that to mean "going to the fullest depths of evil such as mass shooting your own family and friends."  Seems too sick and twisted for Walt to do that.

I like to think that the ending will portray Walt's consistent character throughout the show.  He has always been calculating.  He has always been able to get the upper hand.  Every time we start to dislike Walt, he maneuvers into being the guy that we were always rooting for whether or not we think he's a scumbag. 

Is the Ozy episode, we saw once again that Walt just wants his family.  He got cancer and wanted to make sure his family was financially secure for the rest of their lives.  His pride and ego and controlling nature affected the way he conducted business, but in the end, he just wanted to get his money to his family. 

That has to be the focus.  He's going to win.  I don't believe Vince allows this show to end with Walt's family in ruin and Walt dead on the ground knowing he ruined them.

I fully believe the entire show and Walts entire motive relates back to Grey Matter. He's pissed and has a chip on his shoulder. That's pretty obvious. I think that's the "what". How will it all go down and to what extent? That's where everyone has a theory. I agree that I don't think Walt would stoop to a mass shooting involving any of his loved ones.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #315 on: September 25, 2013, 10:37:25 AM »

I dunno... Classic Greek tragedy formula. The series has always been described as "Mr. Chips turns into Scarface." How did Scarface end? The kind of hubris displayed by Walt throughout the series, the win-at-all-costs mentality, leaving others in his wake in pursuit of power and respect almost never goes unpunished in stories like this.

I'm don't think it will be as simple as he goes on a shooting spree and takes out the Gray Matter folks just to say he did it. Same with his family. But I expect something along the lines of what VV was saying in that he "gets back" at them, or at least tries to. Perhaps unsuccessfully. Maybe to do so, methodically, there is a calculated necessity to harm his family. Not sure about that, but I could see that as the culmination of "Breaking Bad". He had no qualms with killing Jesse's loved ones for the "greater good" of his rise in power. Maybe now that he's truly lost everything, and his former business partners are mocking him and dismissing him, which has proven to be what eats at him more than anything, he has a calculated plan to prove the world and especially Gray Matter wrong. Maybe the framing someone else involves harming his own family. I think that's consistent with the story this series is telling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #316 on: September 25, 2013, 10:39:35 AM »

(Click the image to view in a full browser)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:47:19 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #317 on: September 25, 2013, 10:53:28 AM »
The list of great shows that fizzled and flopped toward the end is long and distinguished.  Kudos to Breaking Bad for accelerating to the finish unlike:

The Sopranos
Dexter
The Office
All In the Family
Battlestar
Seinfeld
XFiles
Friends
St. Elsewhere
I Love Lucy

Even shows that had decent sendoffs (M*A*S*H, Newhart, etc.) had wobbled to the finish with sub-par later seasons that felt like the actors were phoning it in or were lazy. 

Or shows jumped the shark (Happy Days, literally) or brought in aliens (Happy Days again) and simply fizzled. Andy Griffith, Perry Mason also fit this bill.   

I can't think of another series like this that finished stronger than it began.  And there's little question (to me) that these last seven episodes are among the best of the entire series.  Darker, less humor, but consistently great. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #318 on: September 25, 2013, 11:09:11 AM »
Anyone notice that at the bar, Walt once again ordered his drink neat?

Maybe a sign that Skylar survives? That by the time we see him making a "52" out of bacon he had stopped taking on the traits of those he'd killed?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #319 on: September 25, 2013, 11:14:16 AM »
Anyone notice that at the bar, Walt once again ordered his drink neat?

Maybe a sign that Skylar survives? That by the time we see him making a "52" out of bacon he had stopped taking on the traits of those he'd killed?

Wouldn't that be a sign that she actually dies?  That would be taking on her trait, correct?  She always makes his birthday number out of bacon.  This time, he did it because that's the trait he took. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole