Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Breaking Bad

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #280 on: September 17, 2013, 02:52:41 PM »
Unless they have a dramatic final change in Walt's character (which is completely possible), I don't think he'll kill Jesse...at least not intentionally.  Maybe he comes back and tries to kill the Nazis, but doesn't realize Jesse is cooking for them and accidentally kills him.
First of all, I think he's officially "broken bad".

If I were in his shoes? And that little bitch spit in my face literally and figuratively? Brought the po-po down on me? Used my brother-in-law to bring me down? Is directly responsible for your whole world crashing down? Despite the fact that Walt has saved his life countless times and flat out refused to compromise him under any circumstances? Fuck Jesse. Fuck that turncoat fucking traitor. When he told him he watched his girlfriend die, I was like "Fuck yeah, take that, bitch!"

Like I said, maybe I'm psychologically damaged, but I still can justify everything Walt has done to this point. I would see to it that Jesse dies a slow, tortuous death.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #281 on: September 17, 2013, 03:21:43 PM »

If I were in his shoes? And that little bitch spit in my face literally and figuratively? Brought the po-po down on me? Used my brother-in-law to bring me down? Is directly responsible for your whole world crashing down? Despite the fact that Walt has saved his life countless times and flat out refused to compromise him under any circumstances? Fuck Jesse. Fuck that turncoat fucking traitor. When he told him he watched his girlfriend die, I was like "Fuck yeah, take that, bitch!"

Like I said, maybe I'm psychologically damaged, but I still can justify everything Walt has done to this point. I would see to it that Jesse dies a slow, tortuous death.
:jaw:Walt could be caught, tethered and forced to cook at least one more time.
And fuck Jessie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #282 on: September 17, 2013, 06:21:03 PM »

If I were in his shoes? And that little bitch spit in my face literally and figuratively? Brought the po-po down on me? Used my brother-in-law to bring me down? Is directly responsible for your whole world crashing down? Despite the fact that Walt has saved his life countless times and flat out refused to compromise him under any circumstances? fudge Jesse. fudge that turncoat fudgeing traitor. When he told him he watched his girlfriend die, I was like "fudge yeah, take that, bitch!"

No.  I'm a Jesse fan.  The last one with a shred of humanity other than Walt's simpering kid. 

Hank bent the rules.
Betsy is a thief.
Skyler is a bitch, whore, skank, slut, tramp enabler and manipulator. She's worse than Walt.
Waltenberg lost his soul a long time ago.
Saul never had one.
Huell is a soldier.
Fring was straight business.
Mike was business, too. Cold, no soul.
Lydia is calculating, no remorse.
Todd is retarded.
The "family" is morally bankrupt. 

Jesse is the only one left who agonizes over what has been done and must be done. He's the last one who's managed to keep a little piece of his human decency. He looked up to Walt, needed a father figure in his life and Walt used that to control him.  Classic manipulation.

I always wanted Tony Soprano to get away clean.  Wanted him to have his life (and I think he did despite what some claim the ending meant.)  But Walt?  Die already.  And kill Skyler before you go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #283 on: September 17, 2013, 06:52:57 PM »
Jesse was cooking meth before he ever met Walt.  He pulled the trigger on Gale.  It was his idea to rob the train. 

He keeps making immoral decisions and going along with morally bankrupt people and then gets depressed over e consequences. 

Then to go along with the DEA?

What kind of man talks to the DEA?  No man. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #284 on: September 17, 2013, 07:01:03 PM »
Jesse was cooking meth before he ever met Walt.  He pulled the trigger on Gale.  It was his idea to rob the train. 

He keeps making immoral decisions and going along with morally bankrupt people and then gets depressed over e consequences. 

Then to go along with the DEA?

What kind of man talks to the DEA?  No man.
Damn straight!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #285 on: September 17, 2013, 07:49:02 PM »
If Walt does go after Uncle Jack and crew I don't think it will be about the money. If Jack and them wouldn't have showed up he was gonna lose all of it anyway. Its kinda like Jack and crew did him a favor as far as the money goes. Imo but I think something comes up and Jack and company will want to kill Sky. Maybe they think she knows to much and decide to tie up all the loose ends. If that's the case I can Walt going on a suicide mission and somewhat redeeming himself to his family by saving them. But honestly I don't have a fucking clue. I just got a feeling his last mission is gonna be a suicide mission.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #286 on: September 17, 2013, 08:54:47 PM »
If Walt does go after Uncle Jack and crew I don't think it will be about the money.

Walt has $11 million.  He'll spend some of it on himself getting to New Hampshire and changing his identity. 

This whole shabang was about his family and their financial security.  When he realized that his meth was not only going to make him the $700k he needed but rather loads more, he got greedy and turned into Heisenberg. 

Don't forget the following lines:

"Do you know how much Grey Matter is worth?  Billions.  With a 'b'" - Walter White

"I know what he cares about most" - Jesse right before faking the video of them having Walter's money.

And think about how Walter responded to the phone call.  He freaked the fuck out.  Lost his cool.  Ran red lights.  Drove recklessly.  Spouted off a bunch of information that could incriminate him over a cellphone.  Was hoodwinked by Jesse Pinkman, the former student that was always ten steps behind him. 

Walt cares about his money, and that control freak is not going to allow a couple of redneck wanna be gangsters just waltz out of town with it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #287 on: September 17, 2013, 10:04:42 PM »
Oh I'm with you about Walt being in empire mode. However, the only thing he has shown he would place over money so far is family. Hell he was even going to give the money (or atleast some of it) to Jack to save Hank's sorry ass. Though we may differ on the motive I'm also thinking that Jack and crew will be the target. I also believe Jesse is probably fucked as well. More than he already is if thats possible.

SPOILER: Also I'm pretty sure when they showed next weeks perviews at the end he is having a conversation with Jack about Skylar. Could be wrong about that though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #288 on: September 18, 2013, 12:35:00 PM »

I still don't think Walt has it in him to kill Jesse himself.  He saw Jesse hiding under the car.  Did he wait on Jack and family to leave and then kill him?  No...he handed him over to Jack to be killed.  Then Todd gets an idea about not killing him now, and instead taking him off somewhere else, and Walt agrees to it.

I have no doubt that Walt wants Jesse gone, but I just don't think he can do it himself.  Which is why I don't think the gun or ricin are for Jesse, unless they have Walt go through another psychological change between this last episode and the next couple of episodes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #289 on: September 23, 2013, 01:00:05 AM »
Heard some grumbling that "not enough happened" tonight as the next to last episode is in the books. 

A lot happened if you ask me, it just wasn't all action. 

The Gray Matter interview pulled back the curtain on Walt's soul, really.  He's spent all his life resenting their success, resenting his perceived failure, resenting that he had to scramble while they raked it in without any regard for him. 

Family?  Maybe at first.  Maybe for five minutes. But this is all about Walt's personal empowerment. It's about him proving to them, to Hank, to himself that he's not "that guy." 

That he essentially turned himself in and then decided not to after watching the Gray Matter people diminish his accomplishments sells that.

It was an important epidode. 

BTW, the Emmy's can blow me.  That horse-faced skank Skyler won an Emmy and she was the worst actor on the show.  Aaron Paul deserves six Emmys for his work this season.  Giving dog-collar Cannavale the best supporting actor award for his cringe-worthy overacting on Boardwalk Empire is a disgrace. His butchered performance is a big reason I quit watching it. 

How anybody could deny Cranston is beyond me.  He is actually ACTING.

As much as I loved Gandolfini getting recognition, Tony Soprano was essentially an extension of his own personality.  He was never far removed from that character no matter what role he tried to play. 

Cranston and Heisenberg?  It's like a skin the guy puts on.  You can't square the two people.  One of the best performances I've ever seen in my life.  And they give the award to Dumber?  Are you serious?  Absolutely ridiculous and a total ripoff. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #290 on: September 23, 2013, 03:15:11 AM »
The last two episodes are the best television episodes I've ever seen and I'm halfway through Sopranos season 4. Aaron Paul not winning an Emmy for his role on breaking Bad is a joke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #291 on: September 23, 2013, 08:55:35 AM »
The last two episodes are the best television episodes I've ever seen and I'm halfway through Sopranos season 4. Aaron Paul not winning an Emmy for his role on breaking Bad is a joke.

Not going back to that debate.  Both are great in their own ways. 

I read this morning that the Emmys broadcast last night don't consider these last eight episodes those will be part of NEXT year's Emmys.

FWIW, Cranston already has three, Paul has two. 

Weird that last night was the first time for the series and for Skyler.  Hank needs one too. 

I hated seeing Gunn win one because she's terrible. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #292 on: September 24, 2013, 06:13:38 PM »
Read an interesting theory:

Walt was done...beaten...until he saw the Gray Matter segment.  He had turned himself in and was giving up.  But his fucking ego couldn't stand for him to be a "naming" footnote in that company.

The gun is for Jesse and the Nazis (he knows they didn't kill Jesse because the news broadcast noted the return of the blue meth)...but the ricin is for his former partners.

Ultimately, it wasn't about family for Walt.  He's been seething his whole life over the Gray Matter issue.  He's been an accommodating sad sack, taking the high road his whole life...until he became Heisenberg.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #293 on: September 24, 2013, 06:18:56 PM »

Walt was done...beaten...until he saw the Gray Matter segment.  He had turned himself in and was giving up.  But his fucking ego couldn't stand for him to be a "naming" footnote in that company.

The gun is for Jesse and the Nazis (he knows they didn't kill Jesse because the news broadcast noted the return of the blue meth)...but the ricin is for his former partners.

Ultimately, it wasn't about family for Walt.  He's been seething his whole life over the Gray Matter issue.  He's been an accommodating sad sack, taking the high road his whole life...until he became Heisenberg.
They talked about that on Talking gad.

The Gray Matter segment is directly juxtaposed with calling Flynn and begging him to accept the money. Immediately after that call, he called to turn himself in. Then he sees Gray Matter segment and "not so fast, my friend." That's case in point that it's not about family for him. It's about Gray Matter and pride.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #294 on: September 24, 2013, 06:50:06 PM »

Every word of this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #295 on: September 24, 2013, 07:17:47 PM »
Read today that the hockey game that was being played in the bar that Walt was sitting at was on one particular Wisconsin/U. of Denver game. They were able to narrow the game down by the announcers naming some of the players on the Wisconsin team and the location that the game was at.

The thing about this game...is that Denver was up 3-1 with 6:00 to go in the 3rd period when Wisconsin scored 6 goals late in the game to win 7-4.

Take of it what you will.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #296 on: September 24, 2013, 07:40:16 PM »
They talked about that on Talking gad.

The Gray Matter segment is directly juxtaposed with calling Flynn and begging him to accept the money. Immediately after that call, he called to turn himself in. Then he sees Gray Matter segment and "not so fast, my friend." That's case in point that it's not about family for him. It's about Gray Matter and pride.

Ahhh...I avoid the "talking" shows.  Seemed too good for a viewer take, anyway.

Read today that the hockey game that was being played in the bar that Walt was sitting at was on one particular Wisconsin/U. of Denver game. They were able to narrow the game down by the announcers naming some of the players on the Wisconsin team and the location that the game was at.

The thing about this game...is that Denver was up 3-1 with 6:00 to go in the 3rd period when Wisconsin scored 6 goals late in the game to win 7-4.

Awesome...that sort of crazy detail seems not crazy at all in Gilligan's works.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #297 on: September 24, 2013, 08:25:32 PM »

Head Nazi
Nazi that jokes
Todd
Lydia
Gretchen
Elliott

All gone die.  But Flynn, Marie, and Jesse all die too. 

Final score, 7-4. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #298 on: September 24, 2013, 09:48:36 PM »
TWO POSTS ABOVE BY KAOS
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #299 on: September 24, 2013, 11:12:05 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin